[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Well, crap.  (Read 10950 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Well, crap.
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Just so all you MU fans realize that Tom Enlund knows his hoops.  He was the Bucks beat writer for many years.  Secondly, he was really good ballplayer at West Allis Hale.  He could
shoot it, all-conference.  I hope he has the same passion that Todd had.  Time will tell.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »
Just so all you MU fans realize that Tom Enlund knows his hoops.  He was the Bucks beat writer for many years.  Secondly, he was really good ballplayer at West Allis Hale.  He could
shoot it, all-conference.  I hope he has the same passion that Todd had.  Time will tell.
Don't hold out too much hope here.  The guy's not in synch with college hoops.  Just te facts!

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »
Don't hold out too much hope here.  The guy's not in synch with college hoops.  Just te facts!

How in sync do you have to be?  Why don't you email him or call him since you have no hope for him.  Why don't you give him an outline of what you want.  Fact is, he knows basketball,
has experience covering teams.  I think every sports nut follows all sports, Tom is that.  So if you want better than Todd, what do you want?  Todd interviewed recruits, I am sure Tom
will do the same.  Do not make this out more than it is.  He knows hoops, probably more than majority of the people on this board.  Secondly, what did Todd really do except do his job.
Tom will do the same.

fanofTR

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 10:42:36 PM »
Guaranteed the coverage drops off a lot. Just dont think he will do all the blogging and the little stuff that Todd did while on the beat and that we ended up taking for granted and came to expect in a way. From interviewing recruits, to open gym reports, to long post-game blogs, dont think we will be getting any of that to be honest

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:23 PM »
How in sync do you have to be?  Why don't you email him or call him since you have no hope for him.  Why don't you give him an outline of what you want.  Fact is, he knows basketball,
has experience covering teams.  I think every sports nut follows all sports, Tom is that.  So if you want better than Todd, what do you want?  Todd interviewed recruits, I am sure Tom
will do the same.  Do not make this out more than it is.  He knows hoops, probably more than majority of the people on this board.  Secondly, what did Todd really do except do his job.
Tom will do the same.

Just knowing hoops and writing the standard stories won't cut it. Todd did so much more. He was very active in his blogging and in interacting with fans. Todd was very open in talking with fans and in recent years he has been awesome on Twitter. Tom is old school and is not as in touch with how current media is. Todd even doubt's that he will ever get on twitter which in and of it's self means there will be significant drop off. I hope I am wrong, but I just see MU fan's getting the shaft.
But I like to throw handfuls...

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
Just another way to diss Marquette by the Journal Sentinel.  Enlund is a good reporter, and will write solid game recaps - but the blogs, calls to signed recruits, twitter, etc....that Rosiak did - forget it.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »
Oh, dear god.  Rosiak's twitter feed was the poster child for why twitter is terrible.  It was 5% Marquette, 95% odd crap in his life.

--

We all know Enlund will do roughly the same job Rosiak did for pre- and post-game articles, and the occasional feature.   Where Rosiak was great was his blogs. 

If Enlund blogs with some frequency, he'll be fine.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 02:36:07 PM »
Oh, dear god.  Rosiak's twitter feed was the poster child for why twitter is terrible.  It was 5% Marquette, 95% odd crap in his life.

--

We all know Enlund will do roughly the same job Rosiak did for pre- and post-game articles, and the occasional feature.   Where Rosiak was great was his blogs. 

If Enlund blogs with some frequency, he'll be fine.
That is the issue.  enlund's more of an old-line guy.  Can he be energetic and use technology...?  Or is he just going to do the basics.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »
theres a blog in journal with DWAde, read it, new technology

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 03:57:25 PM »
Just knowing hoops and writing the standard stories won't cut it. Todd did so much more. He was very active in his blogging and in interacting with fans. Todd was very open in talking with fans and in recent years he has been awesome on Twitter. Tom is old school and is not as in touch with how current media is. Todd even doubt's that he will ever get on twitter which in and of it's self means there will be significant drop off. I hope I am wrong, but I just see MU fan's getting the shaft.

Certainly seems valid for concern. What was Enlund doing at the JS if was the former Bucks beat writer and not the current one?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
theres a blog in journal with DWAde, read it, new technology

the blog was a nice start. I just hope he makes himself as accessible to the fans as todd did. he really would take the time to talk with us and then get our questions asked to the team. i hope tom takes the time which todd did.
But I like to throw handfuls...

feedback