[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cross Another Off The List...  (Read 6268 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Cross Another Off The List...
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »
when Crean bolts. Tony Bennett has just been extended at WSU.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Means nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
Look at the coaches that signed extensions the last ten years and left within 2 weeks...happens all the time.

Don't forget, you're the one that wants Crean to leave so you should be giddy right now.

What makes me nervous is the same administration that believed Gold was a great idea, the same administration that killed Warriors, the same administration that has stepped on themselves many times over the last decade will be hiring the next coach...oh, and all without a full time AD (the one in there now is the former General Counsel and a pal of Badger Fran). 

That alone makes me nervous.  I don't think Crean gets KY because I believe Donovan gets it, but that means the dominos just start tumbling...who gets Florida...who gets the position that left for Florida.

Careful what you wish for....very careful.   

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Cross Another Off The List...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »
UF ........ dont see TC making that leap. 

4everwarriors

• All American
Chicos, Man...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 08:59:20 PM »
I also have posted that Crean doesn't get the UK gig. But, I'm happy to take my chances on a new hire even if its without an AD, dumb BOT, etc. when Crean bolts. I see this as the greatest good for the greatest number.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
given MU's instability in the AD office, I see Majerus as the first choice if it happens fast with UK.

fine with me -- he's a great coach, and a new AD can work on a long-term plan soon enough

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Chicos, Man...
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 09:01:48 PM »
I also have posted that Crean doesn't get the UK gig. But, I'm happy to take my chances on a new hire even if its without an AD, dumb BOT, etc. when Crean bolts. I see this as the greatest good for the greatest number.

It's scary, because you are CLEARLY in the minority on this.   In fact, if Crean did go to Kentucky, the greatest (or 2nd greatest) program of all time, wouldn't that alone be a ringing endorsement for him and cast a few dispersions on your evaluations?

::)

4everwarriors

• All American
I've Also Said...
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 09:09:51 PM »
and you will remember this I'm sure. Crean will be a better coach at his next stop. Unfortunately, he's been learning on the job at MU, and very slowly at that. That said, if TC doesn't step up his game, and quickly, at an elite program like UK, they'll kick him to the curb like yesterday's thrash in a hurry.
Face it, Chicos, Crean's been on a very expensive extended honeymoon as a result of Wade taking him to the Final Four.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 09:20:10 PM »
I don't understand how 8 years coaching here, making extensive learning leaps, and putting together a decent team that would done more damage in the NCAAs if not for injuries (Diener/McNeal) and people want his head.

With greater expectations that that, maybe UK will be a better enviroment.

People tell us that students today are spoiled, but apparently not.

4everwarriors, where was Wade in the first two round of the tournament that he carried Tom Crean?

4everwarriors

• All American
Wade Was...
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
obviously pacing himself for his triple double vs. Kentucky in the Regional Final.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 09:33:39 PM »
The leadership vaccum in the Ath Dept is what scares me the most about having to replace Coach Crean.  Chicos do you think Mr. Cords would come back to over see the hire?

Another issuse, if we do target a reasonably big name coach would that coach sign on not knowing who the AD (his boss) would be?   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
it's absolutely amazing. All TC has done in eight years is take us to the Final Four, recruit the best basketball player in the world, build one of the most impressive traininc facilities in the country, and have us in the top half of one of the best conferences in the country. And yet people here can't wait for him to leave. Stunning.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
it's absolutely amazing. All TC has done in eight years is take us to the Final Four, recruit the best basketball player in the world, build one of the most impressive traininc facilities in the country, and have us in the top half of one of the best conferences in the country. And yet people here can't wait for him to leave. Stunning.

well said.

79Warrior

• All American
Re: I've Also Said...
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 10:11:26 PM »
and you will remember this I'm sure. Crean will be a better coach at his next stop. Unfortunately, he's been learning on the job at MU, and very slowly at that. That said, if TC doesn't step up his game, and quickly, at an elite program like UK, they'll kick him to the curb like yesterday's thrash in a hurry.
Face it, Chicos, Crean's been on a very expensive extended honeymoon as a result of Wade taking him to the Final Four.

Spoken like a true moron. you forget how quickly MU can become an also ran program in the pre-Crean years. You truly dont have a clue.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »
The leadership vaccum in the Ath Dept is what scares me the most about having to replace Coach Crean.  Chicos do you think Mr. Cords would come back to over see the hire?

Another issuse, if we do target a reasonably big name coach would that coach sign on not knowing who the AD (his boss) would be?   

I think Cords would be involved, yes.  How much, I don't know.

Your second question is very valid.

Of course we are putting the cart before the horse on this, but MU is in a vulnerable position right now and you wonder if they even realize it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »
So TC got us to an Elite 8. DWade got us to a final four. I'll take TC then.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 12:41:31 AM »
Well 4ever, I don't believe Wade took us to a Final Four.  I believe an entire team and coaches did.  I believe if you watched those games again you would even come to that conclusion.

Perhaps I can send you 4 DVDs to refresh your memory.

tonyreeder

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 09:16:18 AM »
You can send me 4 DVD's Chicos!   All I have is the Kentucky game.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »
I would really like copies of Holy Cross game and the Mizzou game, if DVD's are going out... ;D

It's the offseason - we can start up the trading ring again.  I can make copies and keep sending forward.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 09:48:13 AM »
ecompt - well friggin' said!

Again, MU is not Duke or Kansas. No matter who MU brings in (with the exception of Majerus), if they are successful, they will always be rumored to move-up the coaching ladder and take a higher profile gig. That's just the way the beast works.

For all these people that want Crean gone and claim his success is all due to Wade is absolutely ludicrous. MU has move victories over ranked teams the last two (maybe even three) seasons than Michigan State. Also, people don't discredit Izzo for making three final-fours with so much NBA talent.

Looking at Crean's entire resume, yes, he doesn't have any NCAA wins. But what are his teams like? How are his recruits? Where are the players coming from nationally? What's his win percentage? How have his teams compared to the glory years of 1981-1998? All of that points to Crean, like it or not, being successful.

Was Joe Montana the greatest QB ever, or was he just lucky to have Jerry Rice receiving? What about Bill Walsh - coaching legend or opportunistic, lucky S.O.B.? Which guy made which guy a hall of famer? Like Crean and Wade, it was a balance.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 09:49:26 AM »
Sorry...I meant to say Crean doesn't have any NCAA wins post-Wade.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »
I know this will probably get out of control but if anyone does have those games of the 2003 tournament I too would love to get a copy.

feedback