'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Viper
[Today at 07:44:25 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: One word....Fitz  (Read 3986 times)

COS98

• Walk-On
One word....Fitz
« on: November 14, 2006, 04:17:36 PM »
I think that Crean tells him to shoot or get off the floor.  The threat alone will open up other things and we will all feel for a moment that a ranking of #16 is about right.  The only thing that might be wrong with this scenario is the person launching the 3, not the concept.  OK...I am not sure what kind of mushrooms I ate 45 minutes ago.

TVDirector

• All American
Re: One word....Fitz
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »
may I have some?
may make 2nights game a little easier to bear...
dude.

warriors_mu

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 04:43:19 PM »
Fitz hitting some shots would definitely help. His problem right now is that he passes up open shots and then takes bad shots with a guy all over him. If he can just reverse that he could hit enough shots to break up the zone at least a little.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 05:15:58 PM »
Let's not forget that before his breakout senior season, Novak was also tenative about taking the shot.  Not sure what's up with these guys (Novak & Fitz) but you guys are on a full ride to basketball power... be agressive!!  Take the damn shot otherwise someone else that isn't as good a shooter will take a shot.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

tomahawkchop

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 11:26:10 PM »
Watching Fitz, he almost looks like he's playing in a different game or something.  He doesn't even show flashes of being a solid contributor, and is often overmatched.

I don't recall Novak ever looking this lost. 

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 11:43:45 PM »
Honestly, if Hayward can hit the three as well as he did tonight (and it's not like this was out of nowhere -- that's what we were told that he could do, but just didn't see it until tonight), I'd like to see Lazar start to get more and more minutes.  He's going to create matchup problems for other teams, and he's going to play better defense than Fitz (Lazar was quite impressive tonight on both ends, but he had a couple of nice steals).

There will obviously be bumps in the road, but as the season progresses, I'd like to see Lazar's minutes per game slowly increase.

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 12:06:30 AM »
I think Lazar's minutes will slowly increase each game.  The first few games he was pretty much a non factor, but tonight he showed us exactly what he was built up to be.  A three point threat that can drive to the hoop and shows great athleticism.  He's going to be an exciting player.

COS98

• Walk-On
Re: One word....Lazar
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 12:14:04 AM »
Fitz, Lazar, David, Wes, whoever, just make some 3's and open things up a little!  Someone said our first 5 shots were 3's?  Made 4?  Funny how things average out.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 07:06:10 AM »
lazar's minutes will definitely increase slowly over the course of the season.. crean;'s postgame comments indicated lazar is still not quite where he needs to be yet even though last night's performance was good.  if coach expects lazar to get even better I cannot wait to see the type of player he'll turn into!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MUHoopsfan6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »
Lazar looked really smooth last night.  He seems to be gaining confidence with each game.  He played some decent defense in the post, he seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time.  I think he is going to be a big time player for us by mid season, maybe even a starter. 

I like Fitz he looked better Tuesday, just like everyone else on the team.  It's still pretty early to get a real read on how effective he will be this season.  With as much experience as he has I think he will come around soon.

feedback