Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Did Green travel on his game winning shot?  (Read 6187 times)

BigSky

• Starter
Re: Did Green travel on his game winning shot?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »
You are talking about this first travel.  I have already said that could be called a travel.  However, some feel he got pushed.  What I am saying is that the second one was not a travel.  Billy Packer certainly agrees with me, because that is what he referenced. 

After Green caught the ball that he lost, he establishes his right foot as a pivot foot.  He reversed pivoted, took a step with his left foot, picked up his right foot and shot it before he put it down.  That is not a travel.  Billy Packer called that move a Mikan, which is exactly what it was.  That involves picking up the pivot foot.

As for a troll comment, you must not have been around these boards for a while.  If I am a troll, then why does it say author next to my name?  RockyWarrior has authorized my to write articles on this site.  Do you think he would do that for a troll?

I just want people to understand the rules. 

Well then don't act like a troll.

If you want to come on a board and begin your discussion with I don't think you know basketball.

Then follow it up with a post that says quit whining when in fact I did nothing of the sort....those sort of attacks and baiting games....imo are what is wrong with message boards. 

I really don't care what you did in the past or posted previously. 

Green walked.  He got away with it and the game is over.  He also was absolutely not fouled on the play.  Watch a tape of the game...watch a replay...watch you tube...to those that say he was fouled that is pretty funny to me. 

I really don't care wither way. 

People can have opinions or be correct about something without having to read comments like yours.  Perhaps you were abused as a child, don't care.  If someone has an opinion that you do not like, it is not necessary to say they do not know the game or call them a whiner.  And that is exactly what you just did.

MUCrisco

• Starter
Re: Did Green travel on his game winning shot?
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
For the record, I said "I'm starting to think that you don't know basketball."  Also, I have agreed with you that the first part was a travel.  I never said he got pushed.  I said some feel he got pushed.  Where I disagree is that people claim he used "two pivot feet" which was not the case on the second travel.  It was a perfectly good post move.  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

feedback