[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Plans / Requests  (Read 7154 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Plans / Requests
« on: March 16, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »
Before everyone takes off for the long cold (err...warm) off season, I thought I should share some of our plans, and also renew a call for suggestions. 

Here's what on our list to implement for next season, let us know if there's something else you'd like to see:

Upgrades
The forum software is due for an overall upgrade.  There's a new version out that we've been holding off on until things calmed down.  Along with the upgrade we may spruce up the look of the place a bit too.  While we like our current logo, if anybody has a new logo suggestion we'd be interested in seeing examples / hearing proposals.  Along with this (and the request below), we'll add a link so that the top logo always takes you back to the main page.

The upgrade will include some bug fixes (lots in the search capability).  Somewhat unfortunately, with the upgrade, we'll also lose our current blogs.  Which is a good transition to...

Blogs
The blogs as we know them will be going away.  To be honest, they weren't used much this year, and the author of the blog software has not been maintaining them.  For next year we'll have blogs again, but the look will be completely different.

SMS
We'd still like to add cell phone text alerts.  This fell off the plate this year as things got busy.

Picture / Media gallery
This is especially for all the excellent game photos that mu_hiltopper contributed.  However, it would be good to have a more general place for media and picture storage too.

Blog Injector
This will a bit of automation coolness that can go out and get the latest blog entry from Rosiak or Cracked Sidewalks (if they allow us) and automatically post it on the message board.

Message Digest
Still not sure if this will work, but in theory this would take all the posts that are new since your last visit and put them on a simple easy to read page. 

Wiki
Yes we already have a wiki, and we're going to keep it.  This is just some work to change the look a bit to match that of the MUScoop forums more.  But also, I want to mention in this item that while you're bored and jonesing for Marquette Basketball in the off season, you should spend some time and help us fill out the wiki  ;)

Prediction Contest Automation
This may require some extensive work, but it'd be pretty cool to automate the prediction contest more (and that way SoCal can have more free time after games).

That's all I've got now.  I'll add to this list if more good requests come in.

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
Re: Plans / Requests
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
I am new to this forum but have been on other forums for years.  As fas as navigating threads goes, I beleive that improvements could be made.  I think the format used by philly.com forums:http://login.prospero.com/dir-login/index.asp?webtag=kr-eagles&lgnF=b&lgnDST=http%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Erealcities%2Ecom%2Fkr%2Deagles%2Fstart%2F
works very well.  You can specifically respond to a post in the thread and the post that you have responded to is noted and linked in the response.  I think this works better than quotes.  The sight also tells you whether the response has been read by the person you are responding to.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:34:53 PM »
rocky, it would be nice to have this:

MUScoop - Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite > MUScoop > MUScoop Suggestions > Plans / Requests

that is at the top also at the bottom.  After reading a long thread, it's nice to just have the hangin' at the al link right there vs. scrolling back to the top.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »
rocky, it would be nice to have this:

MUScoop - Marquette Basketball and Sports Supersite > MUScoop > MUScoop Suggestions > Plans / Requests

that is at the top also at the bottom.  After reading a long thread, it's nice to just have the hangin' at the al link right there vs. scrolling back to the top.

We can probably do that - but also, just so you're aware - at the bottom of every thread is the "Jump to <whatever>" selection.  It automatically selects the board you're currently viewing, so you can just hit "go" and be back at the top *almost* instantly.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
just saw that.  doh!

feedback