[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Nick Fuller Offered  (Read 5311 times)

MarkMiller

• Scholarship Player
Nick Fuller Offered
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
6-6 Nick Fuller of Sun Prairie. Buzz has also offered Duane Wilson of Dominican, Luke Fischer of Germantown and Bronson Koenig of Aquinas from Wisconsin's class of 2013. More details on www.wissports.net.

MikeyT42

• Starter
Nick Fuller Offered
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Didn't see this posted.

http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=21545&sportID=1

Nick Fuller has been offered by MU. 6'6 guard wing from Sun Prairie.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Nick Fuller Offered
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MikeyT42

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
Shucks,

Should have figured Mark Miller would have posted that here. Seeing's how he is the one that runs the wissports website. Keep up the good work Mark. I enjoy what you do for prep athletes around the state.

Anyone seen him play?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:57 PM »
Uuuhh, the kid is a sophomore. Isn't it a bit early?

Also, why are we chasing cheesheads? Is there enough talent in the state to spend time here -- especially now that J.K. Tokado is on his way to North Carolina.

Just musing.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
Uuuhh, the kid is a sophomore. Isn't it a bit early?

Also, why are we chasing cheesheads? Is there enough talent in the state to spend time here -- especially now that J.K. Tokado is on his way to North Carolina.

Just musing.

Buzz seems to have a pretty good eye for talent, especially the guys he gets in early on. Wisconsin has had some decent talent lately...Wilson, Blue, Tokoto, and from what the Badger fans say, that Dekker kid they recruited is better than any of them. No reason to think Fuller couldn't be good as well. Though I'm really hoping for the two kids out of the Milwaukee area in 2014. Kevon Looney and Ricky Landers both look pretty good...Looney especially.

My thought is find talent anywhere. If it's in Wisconsin, why not?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
The recruitment of Kevon will be interesting. He has been up to UW for a game (MSU) and the coaches told him he reminds them of Jalen Rose. Also, his father went to Platteville and probably has a connection to Bo. Looney has also seen MU defeat West Virginia and ND and is invited to open gym.
If Kevon improves his strength and quickness, his recruitment will definitely be national. Nice young man from a nice family as well and his grades are in place.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
I'm starting to think Buzz is looking for some solid role players with realistic expectations rather than filling the team up with Erik Williams type players that transfer when they don't get enough PT.  A few solid practice players that can give you solid back-up minutes with good decision making, defense, and rebounding.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »
I watched Fuller play today at the NY2LA event at Homestead. He was on the same team as Luke Fischer from Germantown.

Fuller really surprised me. He played a point forward role, and was usually the secondary ball-handler on his team. Had a good block, showed really good court vision and passing. His jumper looks pretty good, but wasn't falling. He did have some nice moves inside, however. What stood out about him was that he really seemed to get the game. Knew where to be, where to look for his shot, when to pass, when to be inside or outside defensively. He is also in really good shape. For a 16-year-old, he was very well put together and it's clear he's already hitting the weights. He also hit both free throws with under ten seconds to play as Wisconsin Swing won their game 85-82.

Fischer looked tough, but not particularly athletic. He's tall but definitely needs to strengthen his frame. He wasn't as quick as I'd like to see (certainly nowhere near as quick as Phillip Nolan) and too often he would commit too early on defense, allowing his man to go right by him. Inside, he rarely left his feet, I'm wondering if he's used to a lot of foul calls against him. He went to the deck very hard on one defensive set and I thought he was done. Limped off and it didn't look good. But he was back in about 3-4 minutes later and played to the end.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 03:44:06 PM »
Buzz offered Kyle Kelm at the same time when he was a sophomore.  Eventually, if it doesn't pan out, it will go away.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Phillip Nolan
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
The guy that really stood out in the few games I watched, at least of the guys I focused on, was Phillip Nolan. For a guy his size, he's very fast. The first thing I saw was a fast break, he was out ahead of everyone for the slam. Gets up and down the floor with ease, and didn't seem to run out of gas, either. Good at boxing out, quick enough to defend the three and get back inside for the board (something we tried with Yous and went horribly wrong). Didn't seem to be much of a jump shooter, I think he knocked one mid-range shot down, but for the most part was just going for dunks. Helped him that he probably had 2 inches on his defender.

Nolan's frame is nice, too. A solid 6'10", I'd say, and barely an ounce of fat on him. Give him a summer in a college weight room and he could look like a stud. I think he's the kind of guy that would thrive in Buzz's scheme, and could definitely play with Gardner or Otule simultaneously.