Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oklahoma just decided to go in a different direction  (Read 9881 times)

hairy worthen

• All American
Re: Oklahoma just decided to go in a different direction
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »

You make no sense, absolutely no sense.  I get no joy in us losing, never have and never will.  I do like seeing some posters proven wrong, I'll admit to that.  I never like seeing MU lose...I'm sorry you are incapable of intellectual thought to process that.

My guess is that it is not that you like posters proven wrong but more likely that in your mind you have to be right and the know it all authority on everything. Even to the point of trumping any rooting interest you have for MU. How else do you explain the numerous posts at half time kicking the team and fans when they are down in a I told you so fashion. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »
My guess is that it is not that you like posters proven wrong but more likely that in your mind you have to be right and the know it all authority on everything. Even to the point of trumping any rooting interest you have for MU. How else do you explain the numerous posts at half time kicking the team and fans when they are down in a I told you so fashion. 

Wondering why a guy capable of writing that the Marquette team (that he "loves") are "choking dogs who pee themselves" behaves like this is like wondering why fish swim or birds fly. It's who he is. He thinks that having a Marquette wastebasket makes him superfan, when in truth he just a whining frontrunner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2011, 10:49:54 PM »
Wondering why a guy capable of writing that the Marquette team (that he "loves") are "choking dogs who pee themselves" behaves like this is like wondering why fish swim or birds fly. It's who he is. He thinks that having a Marquette wastebasket makes him superfan, when in truth he just a whining frontrunner.

Hardly, House, but you don't me from Adam so it doesn't surprise me how wrong, again, you are in this.  Being a fan doesn't mean you have to grab yourself 24/7.  It's possible to be objective and even be critical.  Try it some time, it will set you free and also help explain nights like tonight for you when you get out of the daze and ask "how was it possible this could happen" when others have been telling you all season long how.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2011, 11:32:23 PM »
Hardly, House, but you don't me from Adam so it doesn't surprise me how wrong, again, you are in this.  Being a fan doesn't mean you have to grab yourself 24/7.  It's possible to be objective and even be critical.  Try it some time, it will set you free and also help explain nights like tonight for you when you get out of the daze and ask "how was it possible this could happen" when others have been telling you all season long how.

Right, Dyckes. Your a great fan, and because you have lots of MU tee shirts you've earned the right to call our players and coaches choking dogs and worse. That's what you call objectivity and constructive criticism. I call it talking s**t and acting like a childish frontrunner.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »
Tonight was bad but 2003 in NOLA was brutal becuase that team quit on Crean. We were out of the game after 5 minutes and never came back. What really hurt was the 2003 team had 3 NBA players including Wade---I believed we were going to play for the title.

Tonight was all bonus. We fought our way to the Sweet 16 and as a 11 seed v. NC had a small chance for success. Tonight our team kept fighting the entire game--despite being unable to hit a shot. I'm proud with the way they played the second half as much as I was disappointed with the first half.

Congrats to Buzz and the boys for exceeding expectations in the tourney. GTST

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
And yes, I was in NOLA and Newark.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2011, 11:37:02 PM »
Chicos and Willie Warrior

Brothers in Arms.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »
Lets not turn this thread totally into a pissing match....some people are more critical, some are more rah, rah.

And the world goes round and round. singing and dancing baby you and me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2011, 11:45:47 PM »
Your a great fan, and because you have lots of MU tee shirts you've earned the right to call our players and coaches choking dogs and worse.

Tony, fans become emotional and sometimes say things they shouldn't.  I apologized for those comments, you even accepted the apology but now apparently you've unaccepted it...interesting.

House, I'm not here to judge someone's fandom because I think that is for little girls to do that read Tigerbeat magazine and decide who loves Emilio Estevez more.  Not my thing.  I know how much I love MU, how much time I spend on that passion...I think my number of posts here on a MU board might be an unhealthy Exhibit A for the judge.   ;D

So Tony, you can say what you want, it's a free country.  Doesn't make you right, and in this particular case it most certainly makes you wrong.  Maybe next time I'm in your area we can go to Mission Hills (or maybe Willowhill is more your speed...whatever works for you) we can hit whitey around for 18 holes and act like jags claiming who the bigger MU fan is.  If you would like, invite Brandner also...it will be a kick in the pants.

In the interim, I'm going to assume that anyone on this board, Tony, is a big Marquette fan or we wouldn't be here.  I'm not going to question your passion for MU, but if you want to question mine feel free to do so, but you will be wrong.

Have a great weekend.

Go Kansas!!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:49:17 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »
Glad we showed some fight last night at least - instead of curling up into a ball and getting pummeled.  Glad Buzz made some adjustments that actually did help us somewhat claw back into the game.  I was at the Final Four in New Orleans, and that was 100x worse in that we never even made any type of rally.  An absolute beat down.

Chicos - You'd be far better off to just come out of the closet and admit your man crush on Tom Crean.  There is nothing wrong with having had/having one.  I have no shame in my man crush on Buzz Williams, and no problem being called a fanboy.  It's a lot better than having to post in a manner where my heart and head have to be in constant conflict.  Due to your man crush of Crean, it results in negative posting toward the current team/coach.  It's okay if you think Tom Crean is a better coach, promoter, etc., than is Buzz Williams.  Where you lose most is in your double standards, and seeming glee to post when things go bad for Buzz's team and "your" team.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013