collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jolly arrested again on drug charges  (Read 5996 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Jolly arrested again on drug charges
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »
Jolly has been denied bail.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7497608.html

I am optomistic though, as the TDC inmate football team may soon boast 5 former NFL players, and 22 former Div 1 players. The ESPN warden's poll votes Texas no. 1.
The US Federal Corrections team remains at no. 2, dropping from the top spot, almost two years ago,after the parole of Michael Vick.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »
By all accounts, Jolly wasn't the typical thug. Everyone in the know basically said he was a good guy who was extremely dumb and just liked the purple drank.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 10:54:44 PM »
HouWarrior---Thanks for the breaking news!!! Wow, no bail?

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
By all accounts, Jolly wasn't the typical thug. Everyone in the know basically said he was a good guy who was extremely dumb and just liked the purple drank.
Its very sad, but Houston is the capital of Purple, as there's even a hip hop subgroup, from here popular for their tunes about the stuff. Its a high codeine concoction, making its users VERY mellow, and laid back-- the ultimate for just kickin' it with your friends. Sadly, its very addictive--like most painkillers. And, like pot, you wont hear of violence or rage by its users(there are occassional pharmacy burglaries though--as its based on pharmacy grade codein strength). Its attractive to low key, laid back dudes( but with no smoke odor, or paraphanalia, like pot, to get caught with...just a styrofoam cup).

If anything, purple, ultimately would have made the energy bursting of a lineman,harder for guys like Jolly. Very sad for him. A Jolly mellow fellow, with an addiction. He'll likely go to prison, but he needed aggresive drug diversion help. Texas is poor on this, but maybe the NFL could have helped more. Its too late now.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »
He'll likely go to prison, but he needed aggresive drug diversion help. Texas is poor on this, but maybe the NFL could have helped more. Its too late now.

That has been one of the complaints from the teams and players about this.  When Godell bans them, they are not able to be around the team at all.  In a situation like this, the Packers may have been able to help Jolly, by monitoring him and getting him the treatment he needs.  It may not have worked for Jolly, but we are seeing that the alternative did not work either.

Sad that a guy can waste away an opportunity.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:14 AM »
That has been one of the complaints from the teams and players about this.  When Godell bans them, they are not able to be around the team at all.  In a situation like this, the Packers may have been able to help Jolly, by monitoring him and getting him the treatment he needs.  It may not have worked for Jolly, but we are seeing that the alternative did not work either.

Sad that a guy can waste away an opportunity.
Yeah, that is my biggest problem with the NFL. What is the best way to get players to drop substance abuse: make them watch their teammates up close and win the super bowl, but not being able to participate.... or sending them back to their homeboys who got them in this mess to begin with?

feedback