[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Great win, but please keep Buycks off the court in the last few minutes  (Read 2389 times)

willie wampum

• Scholarship Player
Why was he driving to the hoop AGAIN instead of running clock?!?!  I guess it worked so well vs Louisville, he figured why not do it again.

Cut down on the turnovers, make your FT's and Syracuse can be beaten.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Go away.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Good night Willie.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Great win! MU is deep this year!

Slim

• All American
Usually, I hate personal attacks on this board. For Willie, I'll make an exception.

Markusquette

• All American
lol I thought of Louisville game on that shot too

bilsu

• All American
There were two bad shots in the game. The one by Buyckes. That one would have been okay, if the clock was running down. No way he should of did that with the amount of time on the clock. The worst one temporarily changed the monmentum of the game. Blue drove in and took a shot he should not of taken and Otule picked up his fourth foul going for the rebound. They play was a momentum changer.

DCWarriors04

• All American
Have to agree with Willie...Buycks didn't need to be doing that at the end of the game...thank God it wasn't closer.

AlumKCof93

• All American
VAnder forced a play when there was no need but as a freshman who has struggled, you can excuse.  Buycks - a Sr - I couldn't believe he did and the coaches all were disgusted afterward.  Fortunately, X threw the ball away immediately after that.

On the other hand, two huge plays for us was Fulce taking the charge in the midst of their run and then DJO hitting the 3 the next trip down.  That was the game right there.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

willie wampum

• Scholarship Player
There were two bad shots in the game. The one by Buyckes. That one would have been okay, if the clock was running down. No way he should of did that with the amount of time on the clock. The worst one temporarily changed the monmentum of the game. Blue drove in and took a shot he should not of taken and Otule picked up his fourth foul going for the rebound. They play was a momentum changer.

I remember the Blue play.  Xavier had scored and Blue got the ball and immediately did his usual awkward drive and threw up a "shot" and Otule got the foul after the rebound.  Then, iirc, Xavier scored, MU missed, Xavier then hit a 3 and it was a game again.  What was to be gained by  Blue going out of control to the hoop at that point?

The MU guards did not take care of the ball well at all, but hopefully they got it out of their system and can cut down on the TO's vs Syracuse.

Wade for President

• All American
Re: Great win, but please keep Buycks off the court in the last few minutes
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
Couldn't agree more Willie...HOWEVER...Give.  It.  A.  Rest.

I will wash your car everyday if you go away until November.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Great win, but please keep Buycks off the court in the last few minutes
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »
I only can remember ALL the good plays we made.  I also remember the announcers saying how impressively Dwight was playing