[Today at 06:01:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let the Speculation Begin: "I predict..."  (Read 15451 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Let the Speculation Begin: "I predict..."
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 08:25:25 AM »

DAtruth

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 09:55:49 AM »
07-08 season..mcneal cuts down on the turnovers ..becomes d-wade type slasher.. averages over 20+..acker and fitzgerald become accurate 3 point weapons..dj assumes more of the true point mentality and continues to avg 15pts assists go up 1 or 2 a game on season avg..overall expectations for me are at least sweet 16..mcneal and dj both go pro at seasons end..acker assumes pg spot and cube transfers..tc signs a quality 7 footer..mathews returns for senior season  and considered top 2-3 players in bigeast at start of his senior season.. thank you for calling the basketball psychic network please call again next season         ???

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 10:27:39 AM »
I predict that we'll have a very good season next year, but that will only heighten my concern that we will disappoint in the postseason.  Hope it doesn't happen, but our performance in the tourney this year will linger into the tourney next year. 
Going out on a limb - I predict Memphis will perform very well in C-USA next year.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 11:14:57 AM »
I predict...

...a preseason ranking of #16, but cracking as high as #7 during the season and dipping no lower than #22 (my predictions are very scientific and based on rigorous analysis... don't ask)

...winning the Maui Invitational

...getting screwed by the refs at the Kohl Center next year to lose, and the messageboards flooding with complaints about Crean/Refs/Salary/World Hunger/Cancer/etc

...that next year NO ONE will get the flu

...either Hazel or Saunders will end up making a CubillanKinsella-like impact

...having a winning record overall against traditional rivals (UW, DePaul, ND)

...a number 4 seed and making the sweet sixteen

A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 11:59:01 AM »
DJ stays and focuses on being more PG, less SG.
Blackledge leaves.
Christopherson redshirts.
Jerel and Wes score more due to DJ's new role and Acker.
Lazar steps up.
We win the Maui.
We win at the Kohl.
Top 3 in the Big East.
Top 4 seed.
We make at least the Sweet 16.

Cubillan claps on defense.
DJ borrows expands his wardrobe until you can only see his face and hands.

SoCalstu09

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »
At Midnight Madness...

Mbakwe will win the dunk contest
Lazar will finally get his shot to drop and will win the 3-pt contest
"I think the world is run by C students."- Al McGuire

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2007, 12:06:17 PM »
I predict the following starters with min.:

DJ- 30
McSteal- 30
Matthews- 30
Hayward- 23
Ooze- 28

Here are the back-ups and projected avg. mins
Cubillan - 18
Acker - 12
Fitz - 20
Mbakwe - 18
Burke - 10

I predict a DEEP bench as MU will have the ability to go 10 deep with some talent. I don't think Burke is great, but I think he can fill a nice role for 10 min. I also predict a lot of pressing and aggressive play which is going to be reflected with a lot of balanced minutes. They already play hard, but I think they will be able to play hard and get some decent breaks on the bench as well.

I predict that Mbawke will have some highlite alley oops and and will be exciting on both ends of the floor. I'm don't think he's going to be a star as a frosh., but his athletic ability will be impressive and when he rejects one into the seats people are going to ooh and ahh like crazy.

I think MU will press more and I expect all of the players to continue their current pace of improvement.

Wes will shoot better, that's about the biggest hole in his game... a consistent 3pt shot

McNeal will continue to learn better decision making and body control

DJ will refine his game and regain some confidence in himself and his teammates.

Hayward is a really nice scorer that will learn to play high post and gives MU a balanced offense. (High post is the best way to beat a 2-3 zone).

Ooze really improved on both ends of the floor this year, and with a little more refinement he is a nice player on both ends.

Pre-season top 15
Big East Record of 12-4

End of season ranking of #5, #2 seed in the tourney

Yes, I'm totally serious about all of this.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »

DJ- 30
McSteal- 30
Matthews- 30
Hayward- 23
Ooze- 28

Cubillan - 18
Acker - 12
Fitz - 20
Mbakwe - 18
Burke - 10

I predict a DEEP bench as MU will have the ability to go 10 deep with some talent. I don't think Burke is great, but I think he can fill a nice role for 10 min. I also predict a lot of pressing and aggressive play which is going to be reflected with a lot of balanced minutes. They already play hard, but I think they will be able to play hard and get some decent breaks on the bench as well.

I predict that Mbawke will have some highlite alley oops and and will be exciting on both ends of the floor. I'm don't think he's going to be a star as a frosh., but his athletic ability will be impressive and when he rejects one into the seats people are going to ooh and ahh like crazy.

I think MU will press more and I expect all of the players to continue their current pace of improvement.

Wes will shoot better, that's about the biggest hole in his game... a consistent 3pt shot

DJ will refine his game and regain some confidence in himself and his teammates.

Hayward is a really nice scorer that will learn to play high post and gives MU a balanced offense. (High post is the best way to beat a 2-3 zone).

Ooze really improved on both ends of the floor this year, and with a little more refinement he is a nice player on both ends.

Pre-season top 15
Big East Record of 12-4

I like your optimism... but I think that is more minutes than are allowed in a standard college basketball game :)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 02:11:42 PM »
2002Mualum also seemingly predicts that each of our games next year goes into triple overtime and we win about 90% of those games.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 02:22:40 PM »
Just to nit-pick, we are playing 18 conference games next year, not 16.

I predict a conference record of 13-5.

Finals of the Maui invitational.

Grab a #3 seed, and go to the Sweet Sixteen.  McNeal, Matthews, and James all blossom together, and at least one of the three develops a consistent 3-pt jumper.  Mbakwe gives us the post presence we need, and takes some of the pressure off of Barro, who continues to improve, and becomes a more consistent player.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 03:13:39 PM »

DJ- 30
McSteal- 30
Matthews- 30
Hayward- 23
Ooze- 28

Cubillan - 18
Acker - 12
Fitz - 20
Mbakwe - 18
Burke - 10

Pre-season top 15
Big East Record of 12-4

I like your optimism... but I think that is more minutes than are allowed in a standard college basketball game :)

Yea, I kinda thought about that.. but I guess I'm just trying to calcuate for the averages over the entire year. I guess the bench guys will have to get a little less time even though I think they are pretty good.

I admit I am maybe a little too optimistic. I guess I just look at the growth from last year to this year...

I mean, we lost steve freakin novak, chapman, grimm, and we were still about the same this year (played a tough schedule too!).

This year we lose nobody of impact and add a couple of guys who could get decent minutes (Acker and Mbakwe), and get another year of improvement out of all of our young guys.

Also, I forgot about the 18 game schedule, so I will have to say 13-5.

Honest guys, I think they are going to be very, very good. I can't wait.

There are detractors around here... I guess I don't mind being a supporter.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 03:14:51 PM »
2002Mualum also seemingly predicts that each of our games next year goes into triple overtime and we win about 90% of those games.

Triple overtime wins every weekend??? I'm not sure my heart or liver could live through that.

I just think they are going to be very good... I could be wrong... but I think there is a lot of young/improving talent on this team.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2007, 04:06:31 PM »
I predict that I will be overserved before, during, and after a Marquette home game.
We Are Marquette

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
I predict:

1.  Rick Majerus will be named the new AD.

2.  Joanie Crean will get preggers with Crean child #4

3.  The band will get new uniforms.  Please.

4.  A major league ball player/nfl star/Tiger Woods will visit with the team before they head out to Maui

5.  We score more than 100 points in a victory over UWM

6.  UWM fans complain about MU "running up" the score.

7.  Father Kelly will still be the chaplain and will give the last rites to the "season ticket holder of the game" who keels over trying to walk to half court to collect his plaque.

Ludum habemus.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:53 PM »
Cubillan claps on defense.

That made me chuckle. Thanks!  ;D
SS Marquette

feedback