[Today at 07:05:03 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:25:51 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone else having posting problems??  (Read 7386 times)

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
Anyone else having posting problems??
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:09:51 PM »

I am having the same trouble as jaybilaswho? in regard to posting problems.  While I am trying to post a comment, the scroll bar keeps going back to the top of the comment field.  Has anyone else besides the two of us having this problem and if so, how did you correct it???  Thanks.

ringout

• Team Captain
Re: Anyone else having posting problems??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
Seems to be a problem when including a long quote.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
I am having the same trouble as jaybilaswho? in regard to posting problems.  While I am trying to post a comment, the scroll bar keeps going back to the top of the comment field.  Has anyone else besides the two of us having this problem and if so, how did you correct it???  Thanks.

Are you having this problem on a smartphone? Because I haven't been able to use long quotes on my smartphone (like ringout mentioned). For some reason the field simply doesn't work right. As Chicos mentioned, we could really use an MUScoop app. But short of that, my suggestion is to try to delete all the non-relevant text to your response. It takes time because you will probably have to just backspace through all the stuff you don't want, but it works.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:07:22 AM »
Yes, its annoying. Especially if you preface your post with a quote.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
Yes, its annoying. Especially if you preface your post with a quote.

Yep.  On some occassions, I have resorted to copying and pasting in a word document then transfering back to the post. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 12:00:38 PM »
I have this problem only when the text is larger than the text window.  I've had this problem on scoop and on the wiki for a long time now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
Ahh...now I know what you're talking about. That happens on my girlfriend's laptop. Not sure why. It might be an IE issue (I use Firefox on my PC) but I've never found a way around it on that computer. My advice is just to look away and type. Though if you're a hunt-and-pecker, you're pretty much just screwed.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:13:16 PM »
So you're saying this isn't just a phone thing?  Anybody that's had the problem, if you can elaborate, please let me know (oh, and moved...)

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Are you having this problem on a smartphone? Because I haven't been able to use long quotes on my smartphone (like ringout mentioned). For some reason the field simply doesn't work right. As Chicos mentioned, we could really use an MUScoop app. But short of that, my suggestion is to try to delete all the non-relevant text to your response. It takes time because you will probably have to just backspace through all the stuff you don't want, but it works.

No, I am using an HP desktop computer.  I can type a response only so far and then it (it being what is already in the box) starts sliding and it won't allow you to type anything....does that make sense???

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »
Just tried in firefox 3.6 and IE 7.0

Can you tell me which browser and version you are using?  also what OS you're running would be useful too.

what I tried was typing until the scroll bar appears.. then kept typing and it just seemed to work.. no issues like what you are reporting.. :/
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
Hmm, sounds like this might be the issue (only appears in IE8):

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=397316.0

For those experiencing the problem, could you try the IE7 compatibility mode workaround here?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

Thanks...

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
Glad I wasnt the only one with the issue.

I had started my comment with one quote, wrote me response and then added a second quote, which was rather long. my comments went longer than the text box could hold. I continued to type but while typing the scroll bar would move back up to the top of the comment box. You could scroll back down, but it would just scroll back up immediately.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
It's actually a feature.. many hail from the windy city.. necessary precautions are required as a result..
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

feedback