[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: help for buzz  (Read 7964 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: help for buzz
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
Chicos - thanks for more background on the timeline with regard to the challenges at IU.  I don't see where you actually answered my question pertaining to signing kids in the spring signing season...Buzz got Jimmy B in April of 2008 when he was hired...the IU mess was known February 8, 2008 before Crean was hired..and from the story:  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3243793

Indiana (20-4, No. 12 ESPN/USA Today, No. 13 AP) has until May 8 to provide a written response, but the matter could simmer late into the summer. The committee on infractions has a hearing in April, but because of the allotted 90-day window for Indiana to respond, the hearing is not expected to take place until the committee's planned June meeting.

A postseason ban for the Hoosiers would come into play only if IU decides to self-impose such a measure. Multiple sources told ESPN.com that a postseason ban would occur only if there were an issue with the eligibility of any current student-athletes. ESPN.com has been told this isn't the case at this point.

Furthermore in your statement you inclued but failed to highlight - seems the kids could have gone elsewhwere:

If IU is banned from the NCAA tournament, current high school juniors who made non-binding oral commitments to IU or are considering playing for IU could decide to go elsewhere. Even the four seniors who signed a binding letter of intent in November could ask to be released.

The realityy is that the talented kids at IU who had them Number 12 in the country under Sampson - Jordan Crawford and Armin Bassett didnt' want to play for Crean...much like Scott C and Trever M for Buzz...the difference though, has been in  who rean and Buzz have been able to recruit and coach up with regard to their performances.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »
Wrong again....looks like we need another timeline session.

They didn't want to play for a team that could be on probation in the remainder of their career.  Let's try the timeline AGAIN.

November 28th is when the sanctions came down...that's AFTER school started by 3 months.  Player transfers happened between 4 and 5 months prior to Nov 28th when the NCAA gave their rulings.

Why do you ignore Crawford and others OWN words for why they transferred.  Here, let me help you along.

Crawford transferred July 28th...exactly 4 months prior to the NCAA's punishment.  Holman, Thomas, Bassett, Mcgee...all left in the same general time period.  Some were outright kicked off the team for an entire bevy of things, some reported and many not reported...it was a damn mess what Sampson was letting those guys get away academically, ethically, criminally...an absolute mess.  McGee was kicked off. 

Holman transferred in May...after throwing a plant and going nuts.  Apparently he didn't like the fact that now he would actually HAVE to attend classes and kick some of his other habits..ahem. 

Bassett left in July siting, among many things, the uncertain cloud hanging over the IU program.  Crawford's comments were similar.  "Uncertain cloud" means pending NCAA punishment.

burger

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 12:39:14 PM »
What, he did not even speak?

Had an hour closed door meeting/chew out....I would assume.....

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »
Wrong again....looks like we need another timeline session.

They didn't want to play for a team that could be on probation in the remainder of their career.  Let's try the timeline AGAIN.

November 28th is when the sanctions came down...that's AFTER school started by 3 months.  Player transfers happened between 4 and 5 months prior to Nov 28th when the NCAA gave their rulings.

Why do you ignore Crawford and others OWN words for why they transferred.  Here, let me help you along.

Crawford transferred July 28th...exactly 4 months prior to the NCAA's punishment.  Holman, Thomas, Bassett, Mcgee...all left in the same general time period.  Some were outright kicked off the team for an entire bevy of things, some reported and many not reported...it was a damn mess what Sampson was letting those guys get away academically, ethically, criminally...an absolute mess.  McGee was kicked off. 

Holman transferred in May...after throwing a plant and going nuts.  Apparently he didn't like the fact that now he would actually HAVE to attend classes and kick some of his other habits..ahem. 

Bassett left in July siting, among many things, the uncertain cloud hanging over the IU program.  Crawford's comments were similar.  "Uncertain cloud" means pending NCAA punishment.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the quotes that I included above showed players would be allowed to break their LOI's and not follow through on non-binding commitments IF the team was put on NCAA probation.  Regardless, so in Crean's 6 month on the job - November 28, IU knows no post seasn ban in effect - which is what was though all along.  Could Crean still not go out and recruit some good JUCO's in the Spring of 2009?

I sure wish you would defend Buzz and MU as hard as you do Crean and IU.  It would be quite refreshing, and actually for as devout of MU fan as you claim to be - I'm not sure why you find it so difficult to do??
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 01:19:12 PM »
Soderberg (sp?) could be available.   He lost consistently at Wiscy and SLU, but he is a a defensive minded coach.   Plus, it would make murf happy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »
Lol

feedback