Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Todd Mayo on his offical visit RIGHT NOW  (Read 10626 times)

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
Re: Todd Mayo on his offical visit RIGHT NOW
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »
My boss was upset with me because I told a marginal ethnic joke in front of a whole bunch of people during an important sales presentation.  He asked me if I knew how many people were employed as professional comics and would I rather try to be one them than continuing my employment with him?  He wanted an immediate answer and had a cardboard box to pack the stuff in my office.

I decided to keep the career I had rather than going into comedy full time and I cutback on my budding stand up routine.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:52 PM »
Thanks for sharing Tulsa...  I hope you realize that MuScoop is a safe place and you should feel comfortable expressing yourself here with no concerns about being judged.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
last time i checked, we were well under the salary cap and with jimmy leaving....hopefully djo and otule can reach new agreements  ;D

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »
And you don't think every other team in our conference won't say the same thing?  I won't say grow up back to you, but will certainly say WAKE UP.  

People here get all whiny because MU fans have concern about our team's play or coaching decisions, etc....you'll see some fun signs on the road if this happens.  Totally unfair, because the kid hasn't done a thing, but it will happen as sure as the sun comes up every morning.

That begs the question:  why are you the one highlighting the issue?  Why even justify it unless it's a real issue?

Guilty until proven innocent with you, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:28:03 PM by babytownfrolics »

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »
May I suggest a Vulcan Mind Probe cocktail from Hegarty's(?) bar?  Two shots of vodka, two shots of gin, and two shots of rum always did the trick for me.

Modification; upon reflection, I now remember that the Ardmore was the establishment which graced the MU student body with this test of manhood.

I'd love one, but Heg's closed.  Sad, but true.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 01:04:19 AM »
I'd love one, but Heg's closed.  Sad, but true.

That was my first thought: "Hegs is still open!?!?", but I guess there's still quite a few of us living in the past.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 02:56:57 AM »
That begs the question:  why are you the one highlighting the issue?  Why even justify it unless it's a real issue?

Guilty until proven innocent with you, I guess.

I'm pointing out what other fan bases will do to this kid and MU.  Just the reality.

And guilty until proven innocent?  Sigh.  What did I say?  Let's see....

"People here get all whiny because MU fans have concern about our team's play or coaching decisions, etc....you'll see some fun signs on the road if this happens. Totally unfair, because the kid hasn't done a thing, but it will happen as sure as the sun comes up every morning."

I believe I assigned no guilt whatsoever, but merely pointed out that other teams fan bases will ride this kid regardless.  That whole part about "totally unfair, because the kid hasn't done a thing {wrong}" apparently you missed. I've highlighted it for you to help you out.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »
[quote author=ChicosBailBonds link=topic=24849.msg276595#msg276595
I believe I assigned no guilt whatsoever, but merely pointed out that other teams fan bases will ride this kid regardless.  That whole part about "totally unfair, because the kid hasn't done a thing {wrong}" apparently you missed. I've highlighted it for you to help you out.
[/quote]

I guess I question why you bring the opponent fan reaction up for just this player?  Why not Juan Anderson?  Opponent's fans will ride Juan regardless.  And it will be unfair.  Because you call it out now means you aren't ok with fans calling out that his brother took money.  Not even something Todd did.  If it bothers you this badly it tells me you get too much of your self-esteem from what others think of your basketball team. 

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »
May I suggest a Vulcan Mind Probe cocktail from Hegarty's(?) bar?  Two shots of vodka, two shots of gin, and two shots of rum always did the trick for me.

Modification; upon reflection, I now remember that the Ardmore was the establishment which graced the MU student body with this test of manhood.

Green Drink was the Hegarty's special.  No idea what was in it, aside from pure evil.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Wow...who would have expected OJ Mayo's little brother would start such controversy? Oh wait, it's MUScoop...

First of all, it's public record that Todd was mentioned in some of the articles when all the dodginess occurred with OJ. Basic google searches will find the articles, I know I found them when our interest in the kid was first registered. Nothing was ever proven, but anyone who doesn't think Chicos is right is a delusional nincompoop. Whether you like him or not, opposing fanbases and student sections will give Mayo crap, no matter where he plays. And much of it will deal with his brother's history. While Todd was never proven guilty by association, and while OJ's NBA dollars ensure that Todd will never need a bonus college handout, that won't stop the boo-birds. Just like Kobe got crap from fans for allegedly cheating and Vick got crap for dogfighting, fans will latch on to what is public knowledge and use it to abuse him.

It's not right, and them saying it doesn't make it so, but it will happen whether Todd comes here or wherever he chooses. But shouldn't this be about what he offers to Marquette as a player and representative of the University?

We will need a scoring guard when DJO leaves, and I like that he has some experience at the point. No doubt he has atleticism, just look at his gene pool. And while plenty will look at what his family has gone through as a negative, I think it's a positive. He has to have some mental fortitude and has likely already had to cope with booing and slander just because of who his brother is. I think that will make him tougher, which would certainly endear him to Buzz. Here's hoping he thinks MU is a good fit for him too.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MikeyT42

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 01:35:22 PM »
this thread got jacked 5 posts into it.

McCheese was right, this board was better two years ago.

Put your personal vendetta's somewhere else.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
this thread got jacked 5 posts into it.

McCheese was right, this board was better two years ago.

Put your personal vendetta's somewhere else.

+1 

This board has become more about proving oneself or somehow holding others to a level of consistency.  Basketball and Marquette gets lost.  It really has become more of a private select few going back and forth about each other rather than about basketball or Marquette. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 02:20:20 PM »
+1 

This board has become more about proving oneself or somehow holding others to a level of consistency.  Basketball and Marquette gets lost.  It really has become more of a private select few going back and forth about each other rather than about basketball or Marquette.

+1,000,000

I mainly read for the recruiting information and general information about the program.  I don't need to waste time reading about guys defending their posts and what they did or didn't say.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
Agree 100% with MU77.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »
Hi Todd.  Hope you like MU.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
Anybody have any knowledge of how Mayo's visit went?  Did anybody see him at the game?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
I saw him. No idea how it went.

leever

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 01:39:55 PM »
I've learned so much on this board today!  First I find out that Buzz reads THIS board and even doles out playing time based on the informed opinions posted here.  Then, I learned that Todd Mayo probably has eliminated Marquette from his list of potential colleges based on a post referencing his brother.

Who knew the power of the Scoop?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
Much of the stuff on here is ..OOP but it doesn't begin with SC---

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
I've learned so much on this board today!  First I find out that Buzz reads THIS board and even doles out playing time based on the informed opinions posted here.  Then, I learned that Todd Mayo probably has eliminated Marquette from his list of potential colleges based on a post referencing his brother.

Who knew the power of the Scoop?

Sorry, If I am not getting things here, but did this actually happen? Did he read the posts about people questioning his association with OJ?
Warrior in the class of 2011.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
Aaaaaaaannnddd this thread is still going.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
Sorry, If I am not getting things here, but did this actually happen? Did he read the posts about people questioning his association with OJ?

No, just another useless post on a lost thread.

I do believe that we are either going to end up with either Mayo or Oklahoma transfer TJ Taylor.  Both are 6'3" combo guards.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »
No, just another useless post on a lost thread.

I do believe that we are either going to end up with either Mayo or Oklahoma transfer TJ Taylor.  Both are 6'3" combo guards.

Who is TJ Taylor and why is he transferring?

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 05:34:18 PM »
He is transferring for personal reasons.  He redshirted due to a concussion he suffered before the season started.  He was rated just ahead of Reggie Smith for 2010 according to rivals.  Not sure if he will be a 2011 or 2012 recruit.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=415&f=2850&t=7250620