[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Post game interviews  (Read 3642 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Post game interviews
« on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:50 PM »
DJ was just interviewed, but I missed it.  If anyone else caught it...feel free to post.  Crean will come next (I think...)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Re: Post game interviews
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:44:01 PM »
DJ made a comment to the extent of "we're not used to playing a slow-down halfcourt game."  i have two problems with that.  1.  you let IDAHO STATE dictate the pace of the game in your own stadium  and 2.  crean needs to spend WAYYYYYYY more time on the half court offense, which was obvious to anyone who watched the game regardless.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:45:13 PM »
Homer said something about Wesley Matthews already being back out on the court working on his FTs.  If I heard that right...I'm happy.  The team clearly needs some more shooting time in the BC.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 09:58:30 PM »
Crean's Comments (I missed some here too)

- One of those tough periods as a coach and staff.  Practicing better than playing.  Thought ISU was playing outstanding, they played well in their two exhibition games.  Acknowledge that they're picked last in big sky and was surprised.

- McNeal has more confidence since last season.  As coaches they have to realize they're essentially starting 4 guys in their second year (including Lott)

- Bad shooting was contagious, wants to make a bigger deal of missing FTs, but also knows confidence will grow.

- Gonna' watch film.  When they got cutters in the middle of the zone, things went well.  Need better spacing.  Will make adjustments for tomorrow night.  Reversals were much better, passing hasn't been there in last couple games.

(missed some time here...)

- Cubillan is good, used to winning.

- Detroit will be a good game, they have a tough coach.  Play very hard and have been very efficient.  Good guard, and good big guy.  Probably no scoring records tomorrow, but MU will bring energy and toughness.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 10:04:47 PM »
Crean said (what I recall):

Not going to get on the guys too much about shooting.  1) it's not like they're not already practicing that a lot.  2) doesn't want to destroy players' confidence.  Thinks the shooting will come.

Passed a lot better today - not showing up in the assists, but much better today.

Great practicing not translating to games yet, but confident it will come.

Jamil Lott playing very well.  He has to remember that it's only his second year in the system even though he is a senior.  Him and Barro make a nice tandem down low so far this year.

Cubillan not quite comfortable running the point yet, but Dav"ID" stands for "Instant Defense."  Going to bring him in for high quality defense minutes and the rest will come with time.  He didn't see much zone in high school, and needs to learn how to handle it better.

Said that many of the little things that have been going wrong are on him for doing a bad job teaching and that he need to do a better job preparing the players.

Very good opponent coming tomorrow in Detroit.  Coach has always been great.  Guard transferred from Michigan State has been tremendous for them.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 10:23:12 PM »
Thanks TJ...I've been at work all evening so not really able to focus on the game and interviews. Though, if I had focused I may have had a heart attack  ;D