[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DePaul thoughts  (Read 2783 times)

tower912

• All American
DePaul thoughts
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:09:42 AM »
DePaul is not good.    Early on, neither was our defense.   Two straight fouls by their freshman big turned the game.   Cadougan is getting better every time out.   Looks like he is finally recovered 100% from the torn achilles.   Blue looked really good.   Both need to hit a jumper in a game just to freak us all out.   I understand why he didn't with Louisville still fresh in his memory, but Buzz should have cleared the bench earlier.  The offensive efficiency from last year is getting close.   The difference is that we are getting more inside touches whereas last year was all drive and kick and open 3's.   I am beginning to think that Otule's eye affects his rebounding.   He said that he has trouble with the fast pass from close range.   I think he also has problems with the rapid direction change of a missed shot.   I don't know what can be done other than to have him block out as many people as he can and let somebody else get the board.   Nice bounce back.    Need to play .500 over the next 4.    
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:34:57 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: DePaul thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:30:49 AM »
Agreed for the most part. What happened with Faber? He was whistled for his second foul about a minute and a half in, but when I looked up a few minutes later, the scoreboard only had him at 1 foul. Still pretty sure he picked up three in the first half, but it should have been four. I'm fine with the bench. DePaul still had their starters in, and after Louisville, I figure pull your starters once the losing team pulls theirs. Definitely need 2-2 in the next four. Anything less and we will likely be on the bubble come March.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:16 AM »
One game at a time...first up Notre Dame, and without Carlton Scott, they are a much different team and beatable.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »
Sort of feel bad for DePaul. They had some great teams after Al left MU, in late 70's and mid 80's and were getting some real studs playing there--Aguire, Downing, Comegys, Bradshaw, etc. Man, they have fallen. I hope Purnell or the next guy can bring them back--of course not to the level they were, but more competitive.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

freshjive2103

• Walk-On
    • Blue Demons Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:13 AM »
You realize if Frozena went to DePaul; he would stand a good chance of starting. It should have been apparent last night that my Blue Demons lack something called talent. Few guys are BE worthy, others not so much.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »
Sort of feel bad for DePaul. They had some great teams after Al left MU, in late 70's and mid 80's and were getting some real studs playing there--Aguire, Downing, Comegys, Bradshaw, etc. Man, they have fallen. I hope Purnell or the next guy can bring them back--of course not to the level they were, but more competitive.

Purnell will bring them back.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »
Two straight fouls by their freshman big turned the game.
Astonishingly, Faber is a junior.

Cleveland Melvin looked really good.  Time will tell if he and Young can turn DePaul around or if they're just the next Dar & Mac.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »
Sort of feel bad for DePaul. They had some great teams after Al left MU, in late 70's and mid 80's and were getting some real studs playing there--Aguire, Downing, Comegys, Bradshaw, etc.

Sort of ironic that they had those great teams primarily BECAUSE Al left MU. Most if not all of the top Chicago players that likely would have went to MU if Al hadn't "retired" to TV stayed home instead. Ray Meyer suddenly turned into a phenomenal recruiter, DePaul skyrocketed and MU steadily declined. Loved Hank, but Doc Rivers was his only big-time get from Chicago. 

iTicketBid_MU

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »
While DePaul is not very good, it was great to see Marquette recover nicely from the Louisville debacle. Luckily, it was a good game to have right after such a collapse. I do believe this, along with a win earlier this year against Notre Dame, will give Marquette confidence to pull themselves back together for the rest of the Big East season, starting with Notre Dame this weekend.
Check http://iticketbid.com for best deals on sports tickets, merchandise, as well as other great gifts. Pay less than face value... NOT MORE!

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »
Scott is back. He played tonight against Cincy.