[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tom Oates - Wisconsin State Journal  (Read 27824 times)

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
Re: Tom Oates - Wisconsin State Journal
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
Mr Smith can jump around in line getting a beer if he really wants.  Does he still fly the Warrior flag outside of his office at half mast after a loss?

edit: half staff

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »
Oh. No. You. Didn't.

I'm embarrassed you consider yourself a fan.  That's what's embarrassing.  Did you get rejected by a bando once?

Also--hey Neanderthals, checkout the back of the pocket/wallet schedule and THEN tell me R. A. Smith is lame.  He can jump around in his underpants for all I care, the guy is a stud and class act and clearly has a passion for MU bball, something I hope all of you share (or is that too radical to suggest?).  Those of you who are over 50 please consult your local GI, you're overdue for an intimate evening with your porcelain friend evacuating a jug of Golytely.  Those of you under 50, for God's sake if you can't say anything nice, then don't!  You don't have to like it, but you also don't have to tear it down. 

As for this dude from Mad-town, Who Cares?  I remember Jump Around best/originally from Mrs. Doubtfire fame, go figure.

Woot! Go Pride! Haha, you're adorable.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
Come on, Chicos, don't tease us like that! Share ;D

He basically said that Wesley never refused to talk to him, it was OTHER reporters in Madison.  He also said MU fans need to get over themselves.  That was about it.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 08:48:33 AM »
Rick Smith rocks.  He is probably ready to let it go, but how?  He gets the students wound up...even many alumni get going....

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2011, 08:51:22 AM »
Rick Smith x 1000 cooler than the lame ass Spanish O'Donnell's...

The Spanish O'Donnell's also have their followers. Doesn't make them any less lame.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
Oh. No. You. Didn't.I'm embarrassed you consider yourself a fan.  That's what's embarrassing.  Did you get rejected by a bando once? Also--hey Neanderthals, checkout the back of the pocket/wallet schedule and THEN tell me R. A. Smith is lame.  He can jump around in his underpants for all I care, the guy is a stud and class act and clearly has a passion for MU bball, something I hope all of you share (or is that too radical to suggest?).  Those of you who are over 50 please consult your local GI, you're overdue for an intimate evening with your porcelain friend evacuating a jug of Golytely.  Those of you under 50, for God's sake if you can't say anything nice, then don't!  You don't have to like it, but you also don't have to tear it down. As for this dude from Mad-town, Who Cares?  I remember Jump Around best/originally from Mrs. Doubtfire fame, go figure.

Wow. Hell hath no fury like a Band Geek scorned! I gotta think Carillon Bill Geishecker is up there smilin'...one of his Band Boys finally sproutin' a pair

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
Wow. Hell hath no fury like a Band Geek scorned! I gotta think Carillon Bill Geishecker is up there smilin'...one of his Band Boys finally sproutin' a pair

Oh, this should be good...
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2011, 01:43:01 PM »
Popcorn in hand, drinking a big gulp......

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »

I believe rugbydrummer is of the female persuasion.   ;D
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »
I'm more embarrassed whenever they show the band.

The band isn't bad...except they got to get rid of the 80s era rugby shirts.  I mean...come on...

(Of course when I was there in the 80s, they still wore sweaters and beret-like-hats.)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »

The band isn't bad...except they got to get rid of the 80s era rugby shirts.  I mean...come on...

(Of course when I was there in the 80s, they still wore sweaters and beret-like-hats.)

Would McIlvaine then have to get a new shirt as well?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
I believe rugbydrummer is of the female persuasion.   ;D

That clicking sound of brass on brass isn't her cymbals you say?

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »

Catholic University student sections are always cringe-worthy in general (Notre Dame, Nova, GTown), but the bands are by the far the worst offenders.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »
So wait ... is this guy somehow claiming that the concept of jumping around during the song "Jump Around" was invented by the fine folk in Madison? Huh? Did they also invent twisting and shaking during "Twist and Shake?" It seems following the lyrical directions of a popular music song is hardly the most inventive act out there, but if that's the best they got, so be it. Of course, these are the same people who brought us "The Grateful Red," so there you have it.

Regardless, the reaction/notoriety he's getting from this is exactly the kind of attention small-town hacks like this crave.

Do they play Zombie Nation during times out at the Kohl Center?  If they do like, every other sports arena with a PA system, I guess that means Bucky ripped off an MU original that started at the BC in 2002.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 12:27:17 PM »
Oh. No. You. Didn't.

I'm embarrassed you consider yourself a fan.  That's what's embarrassing.  Did you get rejected by a bando once?

Also--hey Neanderthals, checkout the back of the pocket/wallet schedule and THEN tell me R. A. Smith is lame.  He can jump around in his underpants for all I care, the guy is a stud and class act and clearly has a passion for MU bball, something I hope all of you share (or is that too radical to suggest?).  Those of you who are over 50 please consult your local GI, you're overdue for an intimate evening with your porcelain friend evacuating a jug of Golytely.  Those of you under 50, for God's sake if you can't say anything nice, then don't!  You don't have to like it, but you also don't have to tear it down. 

As for this dude from Mad-town, Who Cares?  I remember Jump Around best/originally from Mrs. Doubtfire fame, go figure.

Am I the only one who didnt understand where you were going with this rambling?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
Am I the only one who didnt understand where you were going with this rambling?

I think she said:

A. She is essentially ashamed to know anyone from this board since the primordial types here do not respect "The Jumper"

B. Band Members would be loath to date anyone from Scoop and their rejection has triggered aberrant behavior witnessed here

C. "The Jumper" has a more profound passion for MU Basketball than anyone on Scoop

D. Those over 50 are full of Sh1t and in need of a thorough colon cleansing

E. Those under 50 need to shut the f up

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
Mr. Oates responded to me with an email. 
He call you a community college punk?

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
UW should sue the Bears...I can't believe they would dare play the song that UW has exclusive rights to.

GO PACK GO!

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
Well Badger fans might find some of that stuff to be funny. It's extremely unprofessional for a sportswriter of a larger newspaper to be posting stuff like that.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
"Facts R facts, #Marquette fans. 4 of 5 starters R jucos. Rip me all you want, but the truth is out there on floor every game. #MCC"

By this logic, one could state that UW-Madison is run by racists
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Buzzed

• Walk-On
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
To shine a little light on why the student section loves the "jump around guy" is due to the fact he looks like Ron Burgundy in Anchorman.  I was at the first game he started jumping and everyone immediately started quoting lines from Anchorman.

As for Jump Around song, IMO, it is a Madison thing, but it is now an arena staple that you will hear even at Wave games.

Just my two cents from a young alumnus.   

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
UW should sue the Bears...I can't believe they would dare play the song that UW has exclusive rights to.

GO PACK GO!

And Notre Dame too, I heard it in the background on Saturday. The cheek of those Golden Domers.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback