[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What's Up With JMay?  (Read 6584 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
What's Up With JMay?
« on: January 18, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »
I have ESPNU waiting for the MU game.  They have Georgia/Tenn.

I looked and so far Tenn has played 12 players ... no JMay.

Their last game was Vandy.  Looking at the box ... no JMay

Before that you have to go back to Jan 11 against Florida ... JMay played 5 minutes and had a "5 trillion" line.

Is he hurt or has he become Tenn's "Ewill?"

Add

Here is JMay's season stats http://espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=45572

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:43:09 PM by AnotherMU84 »

chapman

• All American
Re: What's Up With JMay?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/120826-whats-deal-maymon.html

There's the Vol fans' answer: he doesn't take care of the ball, he can't shoot, he gets fouled but doesn't make free throws, and he is lacking in self-awareness.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:20:41 PM »
Who cares....good riddance

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
In the threads that have happened every week since he started playing, the consenus is there are 2-3 guys who are ahead of him in the rotation and he hasn't played well.  

He probably won't much playing time the remaining of the season unless someone gets hurt.  I don't know if there will be an abundant amount for PT for him then.  

I think looking back he needed to think through his second choice of schools a little more.  MU might not have been the best situation for him but Tenn might not have been either.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:29:26 PM »
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/120826-whats-deal-maymon.html

There's the Vol fans' answer: he doesn't take care of the ball, he can't shoot, he gets fouled but doesn't make free throws, and he is lacking in self-awareness.

But...but...that's not what Daddy says!
SS Marquette

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
He'd be playing more minutes if he stayed at Marquette.  Good call Daddy.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
I feel nothing but sadness and pity for Jmay.  He probably could have really helped us this year, and from what I remember, seemed like a really nice kid.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
Tough having a micro-managing wackjob for an old man.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 10:01:19 PM »
Warrior Ha --- Your right! Wonder what Timmy boy says now. Would have received more time playing at MU this year.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »
I feel nothing but sadness and pity for Jmay.  He probably could have really helped us this year, and from what I remember, seemed like a really nice kid.

I tend to agree.  Hard for an 18 year old KID to turn his back on his Dad...I don't care how you slice it.  The real tragedy in all of it is that Tim Maymon is a grown man, and should have better judgement - than to think 15-16 minutes a game JMay was getting as a freshman wasn't adaquete.

By most all accounts out there - JMay was a really nice kid, and wanted to be at MU.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »

I think looking back he needed to think through his second only other choice of schools a little more.  

Fixed.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 11:37:07 PM »
We probably don't have Crowder if JMay is here. It really sucks for him but I'm fine with his departure.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
Confirm that JMay did not play for a second game in a row.

Also, see the video of the last second winning shot by Tenn ... unbelievable on a lot of levels (that the shot went in and no foul was called)

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 12:16:06 AM »
Gimme Jae Crowder any day of the week over JMay and twice on Sundays.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »
We probably don't have Crowder if JMay is here. It really sucks for him but I'm fine with his departure.

Disagree with that...prolly no Gardner. 

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
Here are some ideas....

"They’re not trying to run the offense for him."

"You don't bring a kid in and not use him the way he's supposed to be used..."

"(Pearl) didn't want Jeronne to out-do anybody on that team..."

"They didn't want to play the game right..."

;D

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »
Disagree with that...prolly no Gardner. 

If we still get Crowder, Maymon's minutes are few and he's unhappy. If Maymon's staying means no Crowder we're a much worse team. Either way we're better off.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
I have ESPNU waiting for the MU game.  They have Georgia/Tenn.

I looked and so far Tenn has played 12 players ... no JMay.

Their last game was Vandy.  Looking at the box ... no JMay

Before that you have to go back to Jan 11 against Florida ... JMay played 5 minutes and had a "5 trillion" line.

Is he hurt or has he become Tenn's "Ewill?"

Add

Here is JMay's season stats http://espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=45572

Pretty dickish thing to slam Erik Williams.  We know Buzz likes upper classmen.  Erik WIlliams time to contribue will be coming.  He is improving. 

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »

Also, see the video of the last second winning shot by Tenn ... unbelievable on a lot of levels (that the shot went in and no foul was called)

No over the back call and the Tenn. guy who hit the "winning shot" was in the lane for at least 7 seconds if not more.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Pretty dickish thing to slam Erik Williams.  We know Buzz likes upper classmen.  Erik WIlliams time to contribue will be coming.  He is improving.

AnotherMU84 can speak for himself, but I don't think he was slamming Erik Williams or suggesting that EWill isn't a good player.  It's well known and widely discussed on this board that Williams doesn't get to play much.  I don't think it's an insult to Williams to say that JMay might be a player on Tennessee's roster that doesn't play much.  Nothing in 84's post implies that Williams lacks of talent, that he won't be a contributor or that he isn't improving.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »
6 foot 6 inches and 240 lbs.???  that's fine, but what does his left one weigh??

Marquette65

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
Hate to turn this into an EWILL topic, but EWILL will never be a contributor.  His minutes may go up in the next 2 years but he  lacks the talent, court awareness, BB IQ to be a contributor. Don't you really think that if BUZZ saw anything in him, given his height alone, he would see the floor more often?

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »
Hate to turn this into an EWILL topic, but EWILL will never be a contributor.  His minutes may go up in the next 2 years but he  lacks the talent, court awareness, BB IQ to be a contributor. Don't you really think that if BUZZ saw anything in him, given his height alone, he would see the floor more often?

I think that's unfair to say.  Another couple of years of experience will make hm at least capable of playing his senior season I think.  We've seen he has some offensive game, and in his position I'm sure he's tempted to maybe try to do a bit more on court to prove he can play which often turns into mistakes.  Also he's got 3 guys ahead of him in the lineup that essentially play the same position.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:38:55 PM by Jamil_toMU10 »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »
Hate to turn this into an EWILL topic, but EWILL will never be a contributor.  His minutes may go up in the next 2 years but he  lacks the talent, court awareness, BB IQ to be a contributor. Don't you really think that if BUZZ saw anything in him, given his height alone, he would see the floor more often?
Wow.  What NBA team do you scout for? 

why would his minutes go up if he's not going to be a contributor?  Is Buzz going to play him more because he feels sorry for him?  Seems a tad bit contradictory.

Yet another ill-informed bashing of a player from someone in absolutely no position to bash.  I love our fans sometimes. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »
If we still get Crowder, Maymon's minutes are few and he's unhappy. If Maymon's staying means no Crowder we're a much worse team. Either way we're better off.
Hey Lenny--we agree. Crowder makes us a better team than Maymon, although that did not have to be, except for Maymon Camp attitude. If he stayed, we likely don't get Crowder/or his minutes decrease--he would have been a cancer.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
He is probably already a cancer on UT

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
He is probably already a cancer on UT

better check the zodiac, i heard it changed last week --well if you're of the sidereal philosophy  :D 

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
21% from the Free Throw Line.  Good God!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
Who cares....good riddance
I agree. Being a Vol is deciding to become a low-rent Badger. About the only thing worse than a Vol is a Hoosier

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
AnotherMU84 can speak for himself, but I don't think he was slamming Erik Williams or suggesting that EWill isn't a good player.  It's well known and widely discussed on this board that Williams doesn't get to play much.  I don't think it's an insult to Williams to say that JMay might be a player on Tennessee's roster that doesn't play much.  Nothing in 84's post implies that Williams lacks of talent, that he won't be a contributor or that he isn't improving.

Thank you Still ... I was not trying to slam Ewill.  I see Ewill and JMay as 6'6" or so Sophomores that don't play and are not in the rotation.  Nothing more.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »

Remember Cubillan?  He hardly played is Sophomore and Junior years but became a critical part of the team his Senior year.

Not the same position but guys that don't play their Sophomore year wind up playing their Senior year all the time.