[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Somebody answer this question  (Read 7959 times)

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
Somebody answer this question
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:04:14 PM »
I dont want any vague answers either because somebody on this board truly knows McNeals status and I want it

IS HE PLAYING OR NOT??

do not answer if you are going to say: "Yes but i heard from my grandmas, aunts, dentists, mothers, aborted fetus"

JUST YES OR NO.
I figure I can ask this question on this board without Dodds giving me some "Maybe I do, maybe i dong answer  ;)"

Just YES OR NO

ilovefreeway

Re: Somebody answer this question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
he is(n't)

bma725

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »
Nobody knows right now.  They haven't made the decision about whether or not he's playing yet, and they probably won't for a couple of days.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 06:23:11 PM by bma725 »

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »

I figure I can ask this question on this board without Dodds giving me some "Maybe I do, maybe i dong answer  ;)"

This is the main reason that I am not renewing my subscription to the Dodd's site... the wink, wink bullsh*t.  I can no longer justify paying for the very little amount of "inside" information that you get.  While IWB and Dodds may have inside information, they don't share it on the premium board!  You get the type of message like... "MU will get a visit from a recruit in the next couple of weeks but I can't tell you who because I don't want to upset my source.  wink, wink" or "Crean was on the East Coast recruiting last week.  wink, wink" or "Nick Williams is telling Jamychal Green the benefits of coming to Marquette.  wink, wink".  There's no point in paying for this information.  So by contrast, I follow Georgia football recruiting closely and their insider recruiting board (www.ugasports.com) provides very, very detailed information on recruits, recruits rankings of schools, recruit interviews, coaches' visits, who the program is targeting, etc, etc.  It's much better than the half-a$$ coverage we get on MU recruiting.  Maybe it's because Coach Crean holds things much closer to the vest than Coach Richt (UGA Coach), but I highly doubt it because Richt consistently has top 5 recruiting classes.

I won't even get into the elitist attitude of their premium board or the fact they delete posts that are critical of board without even contacting the person.   ::)

Do yourself a favor and don't subscribe to their board and hang out on MUScoop and get your info from www.CrackedSidewalks.com
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 06:19:00 PM by LastWarrior »
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 04:39:57 PM »
Thank you for the kind words.

I spoke to an aquaintence of mine over the weekend that runs a major Scout.com site for a top 10 school in basketball and that is his job (he quit his regular job).  Pulling in over $120K a year.  Not a bad gig for him.

They're (Dodds, etc) are in a tough spot on this one because they don't want to burn the relationships they have by revealing information everyone wants, yet at the same time that prevents them from revealing information that everyone wants.  Classic conundrum (sp).  (I'm defending those guys, buying ads for the company on their site...damn, I should get an atta boy or something over there.   ;D )  We have heard similar types of "information / rumors" as have others on this board and stayed away from it thus far.  Tough call.

I think you can put it in stone that McNeal isn't playing on Thursday or Saturday and likely not beyond, but who knows for certain.  Lots of information swirling about on his status and I can totally understand why the team didn't want it to get out about his injury for seeding status (or thus on any web site affiliated or not affiliated directly or indirectly with the program).  The irony of it is that Crean probably told Izzo the real deal about McNeal prior to the seeds and now we play them.   :'(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:49:03 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »
I sure as hell am not a doctor, but if it's taking this long you've got to figure it's a fracture.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »
Thank you for the kind words.

I spoke to an aquaintence of mine over the weekend that runs a major Scout.com site for a top 10 school in basketball and that is his job (he quit his regular job).  Pulling in over $120K a year.  Not a bad gig for him.

They're (Dodds, etc) are in a tough spot on this one because they don't want to burn the relationships they have by revealing information everyone wants, yet at the same time that prevents them from revealing information that everyone wants.  Classic conundrum (sp).  (I'm defending those guys, buying ads for the company on their site...damn, I should get an atta boy or something over there.   ;D )  We have heard similar types of "information / rumors" as have others on this board and stayed away from it thus far.  Tough call.

I think you can put it in stone that McNeal isn't playing on Thursday or Saturday and likely not beyond, but who knows for certain.  Lots of information swirling about on his status and I can totally understand why the team didn't want it to get out about his injury for seeding status (or thus on any web site affiliated or not affiliated directly or indirectly with the program).  The irony of it is that Crean probably told Izzo the real deal about McNeal prior to the seeds and now we play them.   :'(

Sure but then don't purport to be providing insider recruiting information for a fee.  It's very misleading to the consumer and then to only allow cancellations by calling between 9-5 during the weak is just garbage. 

So how the UGA webmasters provide the inside information without upsetting their sources?  They found a way and if i'm paying for exclusive information, I expect to get exclusive information. 
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 06:30:26 PM »
Understand your view entirely.  I don't have an answer, that would be something for them to answer.  Just my two cents knowing the very tight and controlled nature of MU hoops.  Small community and not as many people "in the know" as a larger school like UGA or UW_madison, etc.

I stopped paying for all this stuff awhile ago (Gibbons site, Scout.com, etc) because I found most of it is free anyway if you know where to look and subscribe to the correct free alerts out there.  The web is so fast that it turns inside information to public information in a matter or minutes.  Personal choice, obviously different conclusion for certain folks.  They do a fine job on their site (I wouldn't be advertising over there if they didn't)....just wish they linked to blogs more often (that is blogs that aren't named Rosiak's blog or other blogs)   ;)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »
$120K is nice coin, and you'd think that'd only go up at a university with big time hoops and pigskin.  I've often wondered how much money there is to 'make' off a one trick pony like MU -- my sense is, not too much -- MU is too small to scale in that way.  Especially since the program is (justifiably) so tight-lipped about news and other information.  Substantial news about a program is tough to come by, particularly in hoops where recruiting pools are smaller.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »
I sure as hell am not a doctor, but if it's taking this long you've got to figure it's a fracture.

If it is a sprain, this long of a layoff would be about the minimum for a minor one.  1st and 2nd degree sprains usually keep a person out a minimum of 2 weeks, and that's if they are returning to action with a splint.  To go splint-free can take as long as 6 weeks for a 1st or 2nd degree.  3rd degree is often longer, and can require surgery.

Either way it doesn't look good.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 08:08:35 PM »
$120K is nice coin, and you'd think that'd only go up at a university with big time hoops and pigskin.  I've often wondered how much money there is to 'make' off a one trick pony like MU -- my sense is, not too much -- MU is too small to scale in that way.  Especially since the program is (justifiably) so tight-lipped about news and other information.  Substantial news about a program is tough to come by, particularly in hoops where recruiting pools are smaller.

Absolutely agree.  My example is from a major university with a major basketball team and a football team that will be ranked top 10 next year (while hoops is already top 10).  Many alums and willing to shell out some dough....volume no question. MU is in a much different situation due to the volume of alumni / students and one premier sport.  Makes it much more difficult to run that kind of business model (a la Villanova, DePaul, G'Town, etc)

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 08:15:16 AM »
I think you can put it in stone that McNeal isn't playing on Thursday or Saturday and likely not beyond, but who knows for certain.

I have absolutely no inside information on this, but I do have a gut feeling.  I just can't picture McNeal sitting this out.  Over a week ago he said he could suck it up for 2 hours and play through the pain.  I would imagine there would be less pain now.  He also strikes me as the type to find it very painful to watch his teammates out there without him.

I expect him to have a hard protective cast and play 10-15 minutes against MSU.  While he will likely be very limited on the offensive end because of the bulky cast, I expect him being tasked with guarding Neitzel while Cubillan is on the bench.  I think he can be effective at this plus bring an emotional spark to the entire team.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 08:22:01 AM »
I'm contradicting myself from earlier in this very thread, but I am starting to agree with you. You see his great expression (and those of his teammates) in that Journal picture from the other day and I have a hard time believing he wouldn't show just a little bit of sadness if he wasn't going to play. Maybe he'll just be out there guarding Neitzel...who knows?

Anyway...I'm as guilty as anybody, but this speculation is starting to get crazy.

Looking forward to game time!

feedback