[Today at 10:47:01 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 10:26:13 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Being held accountable for past posts  (Read 5660 times)

MarquetteDano

• All American
Being held accountable for past posts
« on: December 27, 2010, 02:05:56 PM »
A topic below was locked by the moderators because of the confusion of the date posted (it was posted below).  Due to the confusion, I understand why it was locked.

That said, bravo to Ners for holding someone accountable for a post in the past that now shows how ridiculously non-prescient it was.

I also find it interesting how mortified people are when they are held accountable for posts they made in the past.  We probably can all look at our past posts and learn from our mistakes.

I guess someone people do not want to learn from their past mistakes.   ::)

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Re: Being held accountable for past posts
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:15:19 PM »
Be sure to bookmark Nomorebuycks posts :)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:02:24 PM »
I'd love to see all of the "we are going to the NIT" posts after each pre-season lost the last few years.

In past posts I've said that Matt Holiday would not help the Cardinals win the divison a few years back and Corey Crawford was not the answer to goalie for the Blackhawks.  I was very wrong on both accounts.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »
I'd love to see all of the "we are going to the NIT" posts after each pre-season lost the last few years.

In past posts I've said that Matt Holiday would not help the Cardinals win the divison a few years back and Corey Crawford was not the answer to goalie for the Blackhawks.  I was very wrong on both accounts.

Don't know much about hockey, so I will stay out of that one.  As for baseball, the most difficult sport to predict in my mind so you get a pass.   ;D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
A topic below was locked by the moderators because of the confusion of the date posted (it was posted below).  Due to the confusion, I understand why it was locked.

That said, bravo to Ners for holding someone accountable for a post in the past that now shows how ridiculously non-prescient it was.

No, I think it's pretty lame.  I could probably google up a bunch of posts from Ners from this summer about Reggie and how much of a suprise he would be, blah, blah, blah...

But what's the point?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 04:26:22 PM »

No, I think it's pretty lame.  I could probably google up a bunch of posts from Ners from this summer about Reggie and how much of a suprise he would be, blah, blah, blah...

But what's the point?

Absolutely correct....or how many said Newbill was going to be great and then a few months later..."the hell with him".    Fans...an interesting lot.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 04:33:01 PM »
Exactly.  People were so excited that Reggie moved up to 105 in the final Scout rankings.  We were talking diamond in the rough, etc. etc.

Now he wasn't BE talent anyway.  Pathetic.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »
Absolutely correct....or how many said Newbill was going to be great and then a few months later..."the hell with him".    Fans...an interesting lot.

With all due respect Chicos, you spend about half your posts pointing out previous posts people have made.  You are like the accountability machine around here.  Seems hypocritical at best.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »
With all due respect Chicos, you spend about half your posts pointing out previous posts people have made.  You are like the accountability machine around here.  Seems hypocritical at best.

I don't deny that I do it at all, especially with about 5 of the same people that have trouble reading or selectively reading what they wish and that tool is needed to bring truthiness to the subject.   :D

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »

But what's the point?

You will find many posts from this summer where I trumpeted Reggie as a surprise player on this year's roster - and you won't find any posts here now where I've stated he isn't a talented player.  I'm very disappointed we lost Reggie - think he will be a very good high major player..and soon.

As for finding it lame to hold people accountable - when it becomes evident someone is a troll, or has a ridiculous agenda - I find it perfectly acceptable to "out" the douche for what he is.  I have no problem being called an MU "fanboy," but I sure as hell am going to call out those who post here with nothing but negative B.S.

And Sultan - you mentioned in a previous post that Buzz needs to do a better job communicating expectations etc..as he's on the recruiting trail..and better identifying talent (or lack thereof) - do you 1) Not feel Smith has high major talent?  2) Do you not find the words Reggies speaks in this video to completely absolve Buzz of any false expectation setting??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j9f2wr7q1g

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
Exactly.  People were so excited that Reggie moved up to 105 in the final Scout rankings.  We were talking diamond in the rough, etc. etc.

Kind of like how some here go from thinking we are an NCAA caliber team to an NIT team after losing to a DePaul, or Duke/Wisconsin..or not beating the Centenary's of the world by enough points.  Pathetic.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 05:22:11 PM »

Any Marquette fan should have been excited that Reggie moved up to #105 in the final Scout rankings. That what the fans of programs do.

Likewise, any Marquette fan who has watched Reggie play this year could see that he wasn't ready yet for the Big East. Potential? Sure. But if it was more minutes now or I'm leaving, that's a no brainer.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

I love your ability to act like you look down upon the average fan from above with an insight and understanding far superior...almost as much as I like all of those who continue to post anything crappy about TC that they can to get your goat. 

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 06:03:47 PM »
It would be pretty cool to half a long-term challenge thread that is stickied. I'm not for looking up past posts (god knows I made a bunch of bad ones) but some posters arrogantly throw around stuff as guarantees. If someone calls them out on a blatant guarantee, and that person accepts, we should throw it into the thread. Granted it should only be used every once in awhile but claims like "we won't make the tourney the next 4 years" or "I guarantee Jamil Wilson will lead us to the final four" or "Ackers will never be a BEast starting PG" Stuff like that would be good to collect and make the board more fun. Instead of arguing it, throw it on the challenge thread which only mods can post in.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 05:36:14 AM »

Honestly, this is what I think of when I think of you guys stroking your own, and each other's egos...

Its been posted many times, but I couldn't help myself here.

Additionally, are you really suggesting 'keeping score' on who is right and who is wrong on this board?

All time high guys, all time high.

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 06:33:26 AM »
Kind of like how some here go from thinking we are an NCAA caliber team to an NIT team after losing to a DePaul, or Duke/Wisconsin..or not beating the Centenary's of the world by enough points.  Pathetic.

It isn't pathetic to think that Marquette is an NIT team right now. Just because we've had a handful of close losses doesn't prove we're an NCAA team. That'll likely change in the Big East (and hopefully tomorrow night), but as of now, you've gotta admit, UWM and somewhat narrow losses aren't too impressive.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »
And Sultan - you mentioned in a previous post that Buzz needs to do a better job communicating expectations etc..as he's on the recruiting trail..and better identifying talent (or lack thereof) - do you 1) Not feel Smith has high major talent?  2) Do you not find the words Reggies speaks in this video to completely absolve Buzz of any false expectation setting??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j9f2wr7q1g

1. I have no idea.  I didn't see enough of his play to really form an opinion.

2. Not really.  What a kid says in a scripted production can be different from what was said to him in a recruiting setting. 

See here's the deal.  If Reggie were the only transfer, I wouldn't really give it a second thought.  However, this is the fourth freshman we have signed and brought to campus only to transfer less than a year later.  Three didn't even last a full year (Roseboro, Maymon and Smith).  I just don't like this at all.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 07:12:48 AM »

Honestly, this is what I think of when I think of you guys stroking your own, and each other's egos...

Additionally, are you really suggesting 'keeping score' on who is right and who is wrong on this board?

well...apparently you're thoughts about Matt Cassell are coming back to haunt you!   SHAME!  SHAME!

conversely I think the team that throws a bunch of money at Matt Cassell will be sorely disappointed.

he is a product of Bill Bellicheat and the team around him.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 08:11:27 AM »
well...apparently you're thoughts about Matt Cassell are coming back to haunt you!   SHAME!  SHAME!

How will I ever recover!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »

This was a funny graphic - got a good laugh out of it..nice find.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 08:53:09 AM »
It isn't pathetic to think that Marquette is an NIT team right now. Just because we've had a handful of close losses doesn't prove we're an NCAA team. That'll likely change in the Big East (and hopefully tomorrow night), but as of now, you've gotta admit, UWM and somewhat narrow losses aren't too impressive.

I agree that our UWM win and narrow losses aren't too impressive - however, I also feel that things aren't as bad as some here have projected - just based on margin of victory as measured against other teams/common opponents.  At the end of the day, we were picked for 8th in the Big East this year...how high should expetations be?  Lastly, last year's team (which Buzz coached as well) was very fun to watch, and probably one of the best shooting teams in MU history.  There is a definite contrast to this year's team - which is not as good of shooting team on the surface..but has much more length, depth and athleticism - which has allowed the team to get to the free throw line A LOT more, and overall our offensive efficiency is Top 15 in 3 major categories - FG%, Assists, and Points.  It can be argued that the team has played a "soft" schedule thus far..but the truth as that most every other high major BCS program has done the same..

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
I love your ability to act like you look down upon the average fan from above with an insight and understanding far superior...almost as much as I like all of those who continue to post anything crappy about TC that they can to get your goat. 

I have sheep, not goats.  MMMM, sheep

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »
Folks check this out from my Scout Mailbox.  Is this the same Dano?

Subject:RE: The people have spoken
Sent:11/5/2010 12:36 AM CST
 Delete  Reply Prev. Message
Hey.  Just found your ignorant post from 2 years ago....forgot all about it.  Wow.....I knew you were ignorant then.....but time has really proven me correct.
2006...unemployment was 4.4%.  Dems won Congress and wrote the budget, tax codes, controlled spending.  5 TRILLION $$$ of debt later, 7 million lost jobs and unemployment now at 9.6%.
The sad thing is you do not even realize how ignorant you are. 
I feel sorry for you.....you think you are educated.....but the educated know you are ignorant.
Biggest landslide in 70 plus years.
Hope and Change????  You actually fell for that?  Wow....Marquette let you in? What a sad joke you are.
Yes we Can!!!  But don't worry...he has socialized enough of the economy to make people dependant on the Government....that will help him win reelection.
PS...thanks for federally funding abortion....you are a heck of a "man" and you actually think you are educated. HAHA

Sent: 11/5/2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and they have rejected the failed twisted policies of the Republican party.  Long live Democracy and the USA!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »
2 different danos.  book em.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 01:40:37 PM »

1. I have no idea.  I didn't see enough of his play to really form an opinion.

2. Not really.  What a kid says in a scripted production can be different from what was said to him in a recruiting setting. 

See here's the deal.  If Reggie were the only transfer, I wouldn't really give it a second thought.  However, this is the fourth freshman we have signed and brought to campus only to transfer less than a year later.  Three didn't even last a full year (Roseboro, Maymon and Smith).  I just don't like this at all.

Then maybe u should follow a different sport. 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »
Folks check this out from my Scout Mailbox.  Is this the same Dano?

Absolutely not.  Funny, not the first time someone confused me and Orig Dano.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »
Then maybe u should follow a different sport. 

Substantive.