collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: more money for the law school  (Read 7705 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: more money for the law school
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »
Then I guess 80% of the GC's and CM's in the world should just go out of business?

You're really saying 80% don't do any trades?

I know 100% perform some trades.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 12:47:02 PM »
The new engineering building will not be connected to the old one.  In fact the old engineering building most likely won't even be an engineering building anymore.

w0bbie

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 01:02:21 PM »
The new engineering building will not be connected to the old one.  In fact the old engineering building most likely won't even be an engineering building anymore.

Correct.  There are going to be 2 new engineering buildings (the 1 currently under construction and the second that will be built once more funds have been raised).  These buildings are across 16th St. from the current Haggerty/Olin complex.  Once the current building is complete, lab equipment and some faculty offices will be transferred there.  My professors think it could take a year to move and implement everything.  Haggerty will be used for Engineering lectures until the second new building is completed.  At that point, I've heard that the Theology and Philosophy departments are hoping to move into the old building.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
You're really saying 80% don't do any trades?

I know 100% perform some trades.

I guess if you consider providing a superintendent, a project manager and maybe a couple laborers with brooms a "trade" then 100% is correct otherwise I'm not sure what GC's or CM pool you are referencing.  Anyway I think McShane could be competitive and am just wondering if there is that big of a difference in the amount donated between opus and McShane.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:41:43 PM by chren21 »

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 05:26:17 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/business/111996304.html
The thread was hijacked to other points, but I dont see any mention of any construction/building-- $2 million for a Public Policy Center only will  be enough to sustain/endow a professorship, a director, pay for staff/seminars, computers, etc. but it would seem likely required to occupy current space.
Our Texas schools dont announce building without about $20 million involved (I dont know why univ. building is so expensive-- it just seems typical now.)
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.