[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: careful...went to MU Scout page today...  (Read 15842 times)

Canadian Dimes

• All American
careful...went to MU Scout page today...
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
and picked up a bad virus ...took about 4 hours of my day to remove.  Geez!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: careful...went to MU Scout page today...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »

I think I heard about it.

It's called the "That's-what-you-get-for-leaving-us-for-MUScoop" virus.
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
and picked up a bad virus ...took about 4 hours of my day to remove.  Geez!

Were you wearing a condom?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:12 PM »

That's the damn virus that I had to wipe out my system and reset back to factory settings.   Won't go back to Dodds site or scout.com, at least not on my computer.  Maybe on Chicos I would.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
That's the damn virus that I had to wipe out my system and reset back to factory settings.   Won't go back to Dodds site or scout.com, at least not on my computer.  Maybe on Chicos I would.

I've been Dodds free for so long I don't have to worry about it.   

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
I've been Dodds free for so long  

Which is why the Scout board is considerably better.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
I used to enjoy the scout board more until that day someone over here posted info obtained on the premium board and all these crazies from scout shat their pants.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:31 PM »
Which is why the Scout board is considerably better.

And yet you continue to come over here....

Most people here would disagree with your opinion.  Have fun over there.  Hugs and Kisses.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »
Just curious, did you click one of those links from a one-post user?
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:11 PM »
no

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
I just go to Dodds board from time to time to see if Murf is still alive.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:46 PM »
Come to think of it, I had a nasty virus on my work computer last week...the only websites I visit are MSN, Yahoo, the Weather Channel, Scoop, the Scout site, and my bank.  After using cell phone internet to locate a fix, 2 hours, and about 10 reboots I got rid of it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:47 AM »
Was it a free virus or did you have to subscribe to premium content for it?

DoddsOnSports.com

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
I thought that we were one big happy Marquette family here on the internet…but based on comments by TallTian and Chicos…I am beginning to wonder.
I don’t understand why some have a burr under their saddles regarding premium content. Why do I have premium content?  #1. Scout/Fox Sports requires that I have a prem board to raise revenue if I want to have a site. #2. I moderate this board as a hobby…but if I am at the office…and I hear that Buzz has a press conf at Al at 2pm on a Wed…and I leave work at 1:45pm and return at 3pm…I have to be able to justify the time.  I love MU basketball…you love MU basketball ..but could you leave work for this time on a Wed?  If I cannot justify it financially…I don’t know if I could do it…I take a substantial portion of the revenue and use it to pay for gas/airfare…for my students to cover AAU tournaments around the Midwest..or cover games…I try to get more info out there….for some reason posters here view me as taking MU info and trying to hide it…I don’t understand this view…

In addition…I  don’t understand the animus.  We have 50% premium content..and 50% free content…as part of my website deal, I share revenue with Scout and as a result, have access to their top national reporters…if Buzz goes to Vegas for an AAU Tourney; Scout is there to see the players he is looking at. Those Scout stories are premium content…and about half of our stories are premium…but IWB interviewed Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson and they were both free.   [BTW…the Journal Company letting IWB go when they reduced their sports staff from 43 to 13…was the worst move they could have made. But if this opened up the Scion Dental Summer hoops Pro –Am….he will end up ahead…]

If I make more money…we will have more coverage…and more info…but that really bothers some…and I don’t know why???  I have a life insurance practice and that pays the bills…there is only so much time I can devote to the site…I have worked hard over the yrs to build relationships  and synergies with top basketball recruiting experts such as IWB, Mark Miller, Bullseye and others…they post at the site..

If I can make more money I can spend more time on it…but I don’t understand why that rubs so many the wrong way….just in this thread Tall Titan makes a crack about premium content…why?
BTW…Tall Titan…I cover the Packers on game days…and I come home on a Sunday nite  2mos ago and saw that you accused me of ‘Blackmail and threats’….and Chico’s replied that he did not know for sure but based on his experiences with me…he sided with Tall Titan…??? What????

I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the post…he did not but encouraged me to reply……I remembered that  about 3 yrs ago, I wanted to add video to our site…and did not have time to edit tapes..etc…I saw his fine work posted on YouTube and linked to…so I contacted him via email..he might have called me at the office…my idea was to try to get Bradley Center video highlights posted on our site and I wanted to hire him to do it….why? Because he did a great job of it…and I did not have the time.  Also, since we were owned by Fox, I was wondering if we could work with Fox 6 to post video….Later I found that there would be copyrights issues…so I dropped the idea…  Then I heard that ESPN was cracking down on its games being put up on YouTube…so I gave Tall Titan a heads up..that you should be careful not to spend a lot time on the editing of MU games on ESPN if they are going to be taken down right afterward. 

I never thought twice about it ..Until last Aug 2010 when I read TallTitan’s post recalling the incident at an example of me ‘Blackmailing him’…and threatening him if he did not come over and work for me at MarquetteHoops.com.   MY thought…’What in the wide wide world of sports was that all about?’
I will let reasonable people determine what the truth is….
And by the way…what is the deal with Chicos?…there seems to be a ‘personal edge’ when it comes to posting about me and our site?  I encourage anyone to post at our site…except those like Chicos who use 20 screen names to drive traffic from it….  I sense Chicos would like it if our site just went away….and I have always wondered why?

BTW…I sent the info about a potential ‘virus’ on our site to the Scout techies…if there is a problem…they can deal with it….but anything negative sure seems to generate ‘glee’ from some around here…and that is surprising…because Chicos…I thought we were all one big happy Marquette family!?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »
I thought that we were one big happy Marquette family here on the internet…but based on comments by TallTian and Chicos…I am beginning to wonder.
I don’t understand why some have a burr under their saddles regarding premium content. Why do I have premium content?  #1. Scout/Fox Sports requires that I have a prem board to raise revenue if I want to have a site. #2. I moderate this board as a hobby…but if I am at the office…and I hear that Buzz has a press conf at Al at 2pm on a Wed…and I leave work at 1:45pm and return at 3pm…I have to be able to justify the time.  I love MU basketball…you love MU basketball ..but could you leave work for this time on a Wed?  If I cannot justify it financially…I don’t know if I could do it…I take a substantial portion of the revenue and use it to pay for gas/airfare…for my students to cover AAU tournaments around the Midwest..or cover games…I try to get more info out there….for some reason posters here view me as taking MU info and trying to hide it…I don’t understand this view…

In addition…I  don’t understand the animus.  We have 50% premium content..and 50% free content…as part of my website deal, I share revenue with Scout and as a result, have access to their top national reporters…if Buzz goes to Vegas for an AAU Tourney; Scout is there to see the players he is looking at. Those Scout stories are premium content…and about half of our stories are premium…but IWB interviewed Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson and they were both free.   [BTW…the Journal Company letting IWB go when they reduced their sports staff from 43 to 13…was the worst move they could have made. But if this opened up the Scion Dental Summer hoops Pro –Am….he will end up ahead…]

If I make more money…we will have more coverage…and more info…but that really bothers some…and I don’t know why???  I have a life insurance practice and that pays the bills…there is only so much time I can devote to the site…I have worked hard over the yrs to build relationships  and synergies with top basketball recruiting experts such as IWB, Mark Miller, Bullseye and others…they post at the site..

If I can make more money I can spend more time on it…but I don’t understand why that rubs so many the wrong way….just in this thread Tall Titan makes a crack about premium content…why?
BTW…Tall Titan…I cover the Packers on game days…and I come home on a Sunday nite  2mos ago and saw that you accused me of ‘Blackmail and threats’….and Chico’s replied that he did not know for sure but based on his experiences with me…he sided with Tall Titan…??? What????

I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the post…he did not but encouraged me to reply……I remembered that  about 3 yrs ago, I wanted to add video to our site…and did not have time to edit tapes..etc…I saw his fine work posted on YouTube and linked to…so I contacted him via email..he might have called me at the office…my idea was to try to get Bradley Center video highlights posted on our site and I wanted to hire him to do it….why? Because he did a great job of it…and I did not have the time.  Also, since we were owned by Fox, I was wondering if we could work with Fox 6 to post video….Later I found that there would be copyrights issues…so I dropped the idea…  Then I heard that ESPN was cracking down on its games being put up on YouTube…so I gave Tall Titan a heads up..that you should be careful not to spend a lot time on the editing of MU games on ESPN if they are going to be taken down right afterward. 

I never thought twice about it ..Until last Aug 2010 when I read TallTitan’s post recalling the incident at an example of me ‘Blackmailing him’…and threatening him if he did not come over and work for me at MarquetteHoops.com.   MY thought…’What in the wide wide world of sports was that all about?’
I will let reasonable people determine what the truth is….
And by the way…what is the deal with Chicos?…there seems to be a ‘personal edge’ when it comes to posting about me and our site?  I encourage anyone to post at our site…except those like Chicos who use 20 screen names to drive traffic from it….  I sense Chicos would like it if our site just went away….and I have always wondered why?

BTW…I sent the info about a potential ‘virus’ on our site to the Scout techies…if there is a problem…they can deal with it….but anything negative sure seems to generate ‘glee’ from some around here…and that is surprising…because Chicos…I thought we were all one big happy Marquette family!?

You must get paid by the word.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the post…he did not but encouraged me to reply……

This.  You answered your own question about "why all the hate."

Overmoderation kills communities, which is why MUScoop will continue to thrive.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »

We need a facepalm smiley.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:31:03 AM by mu_hilltopper »

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
but could you leave work for this time on a Wed? 

Yes.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
Woah.  It was a simple joke about paying for the virus.  I'm sorry if it bothered you that much.  If it makes you feel better I would have made the same joke about ESPN Insider if people got a virus from that.

As for the videos, I stand by everything I said in the thread awhile back.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »
smiley
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

Fantastic

Here are a few others

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 11:49:57 AM »
John, Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to you.

Do I want your sight to go away?  No.

Do I think you are a huge advocate for Marquette?  Absolutely

Do I have some really fun emails from you over the years and conversations you've had with others about me (that they have in turned shared with me) to rely on for my opinions?  Yes  (as I'm sure you do about me)

Keep up the good work. 

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »
I thought that we were one big happy Marquette family here on the internet…but based on comments by TallTian and Chicos…I am beginning to wonder.  no one is happy on the internet
I don’t understand why some have a burr under their saddles regarding premium content. Why do I have premium content?  #1. Scout/Fox Sports requires that I have a prem board to raise revenue if I want to have a site. #2. I moderate this board as a hobby…but if I am at the office…and I hear that Buzz has a press conf at Al at 2pm on a Wed…and I leave work at 1:45pm and return at 3pm…I have to be able to justify the time.  I love MU basketball…you love MU basketball ..but could you leave work for this time on a Wed?  If I cannot justify it financially…I don’t know if I could do it…I take a substantial portion of the revenue and use it to pay for gas/airfare…for my students to cover AAU tournaments around the Midwest..or cover games…I try to get more info out there….for some reason posters here view me as taking MU info and trying to hide it…I don’t understand this view…  people like free, don't like not free.  Write that down.

In addition…I  don’t understand the animus.  We have 50% premium content..and 50% free content…as part of my website deal, I share revenue with Scout and as a result, have access to their top national reporters…if Buzz goes to Vegas for an AAU Tourney; Scout is there to see the players he is looking at. Those Scout stories are premium content…and about half of our stories are premium…but IWB interviewed Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson and they were both free.  slow clap starts [BTW…the Journal Company letting IWB go when they reduced their sports staff from 43 to 13…was the worst move they could have made. But if this opened up the Scion Dental Summer hoops Pro –Am….he will end up ahead…]

If I make more money…we will have more coverage…and more info…but that really bothers some…and I don’t know why???  Slow clap getting louder and fastI have a life insurance practice and that pays the bills…there is only so much time I can devote to the site…I have worked hard over the yrs to build relationships  and synergies with top basketball recruiting experts such as IWB, Mark Miller, Bullseye and others…they post at the site..
Slow clappers go wild.
BTW…Tall Titan…I cover the Packers on game days…and I come home on a Sunday nite  2mos ago and saw that you accused me of ‘Blackmail and threats’….and Chico’s replied that he did not know for sure but based on his experiences with me…he sided with Tall Titan…??? What???? Booo!!! Screw you titain! We are on the dods train now!

I did not know who Tall Titan was…until I called Kevin Buckley….and I asked him to remove the posthuh? You mean the joke in this thread about a premium content virus?…he did not but encouraged me to reply……Duh, Why the hell would he?  Why would you ask that?  Way to get me on your side and then convince me you are an evil overly sensitive fascist.  I bet you helped end the warriors name.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:01 PM »
Do I want your sight to go away?  No.

Whew.  I was wondering why you would be so bitter you would wish for him to go blind.

;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »
I think Dodds could put a meth addict to sleep.

talk about someone who must just like to hear himself talk?  My goodness.

Now I must admit I only made it thru half of that drivel, but who are the national guys at Scout? Didnt the only one worth a hill of beans just go to ESPN.  Also, the highly touted...more contacts than Bausch and Laumb?...seriously when has any insight been provided on a recruit that has not signed with MU?  Quite honestly anyone can get the fluff pieces about guys already enrolled from Rosiak or GoMarquette.  When is the last time the MU Scout board interviewed a recruit that had not already signed or verballed.  All the other Scout sites do it.  It is one thing to charge for content...it is another thing to charge for nothing.

DoddsOnSports.com

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »
Titan...you think that me asking you to post video at our site...and giving you a heads up that ESPN was looking at YouTube videos of the ESPN games and asking them to take it down...

you still view this as blackmail and a threat by me to you?

Wow...either I need to work on my communication skills or you are very sensitive. 8-)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »
I like John.  I believe he wants the very best for MU basketball, and tries hard to be a voice of moderation.  I'm certain he holds opinions that some don't like.  So do I.  Life goes on.

He also has a product to protect, and I'm OK with that too.  It's the American way.

BUT, the Scout site does, or did, have a virus.  My home computer caught it a few weeks ago, and I needed to have my office IT person clean it up, not being as sophisticated as some of you blokes or blokettes.
Ludum habemus.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »

Whew.  I was wondering why you would be so bitter you would wish for him to go blind.

;)

I've actually steered money to that site by buying ads for some of our college products to specifically run on the Marquette board and about 25 other scout sites. 

No, I don't want his site to go away or to fail.  I don't care for the moderation of it and believe it's sterile as a result, but that's just one man's opinion.  I wish him and the posters over there success. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »
I have never understood the animus towards the scout board.    Why anyone wouldn't want to be exposed to multiple trains of thought and multiple knowledgable posters is beyond me.     I enjoy posting both places and using the ignore button in both places.   It's just having a discussion about the same crap in two different sections of the bar with two different groups of drunk buddies.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
I've actually steered money to that site by buying ads for some of our college products to specifically run on the Marquette board and about 25 other scout sites. 

No, I don't want his site to go away or to fail.  I don't care for the moderation of it and believe it's sterile as a result, but that's just one man's opinion.  I wish him and the posters over there success. 

I was actually just referring to your use of "sight" vs "site".  As far as the rest of it is concerned, I don't really know enough about him or his site to care.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 12:31:49 PM »
Titan...you think that me asking you to post video at our site...and giving you a heads up that ESPN was looking at YouTube videos of the ESPN games and asking them to take it down...

It was not worded as "a heads up".  MarqPTM took it the same way as I did when I showed him your message.  And when you went on to say I could do video work at your site instead of Scoop, yeah, I did consider it a threat. 

Wow...either I need to work on my communication skills or you are very sensitive. 8-)

I think your 4 paragraph post over a simple joke proves it to be the former.... though I do tear up a little during the kiss cam at MU games..... 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
I was actually just referring to your use of "sight" vs "site".  As far as the rest of it is concerned, I don't really know enough about him or his site to care.

LOL.  Good catch, didn't even notice.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »

z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »
Happy families don't throw out family members like they are yesterday's vomitous.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »
my only problem with half the stuff on the premium board is that it can be found on other websites for free. once you know where to look the amount of information that is actually premium is very little.

other than that its a great message board. keep up the good work

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

HEY! That looks like a subtle "finger" to me!
SS Marquette

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 06:39:19 PM »
Was it a free virus or did you have to subscribe to premium content for it?

It was obviously on the premium board, hence why the virus isn't posted here.

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »

You keep forgetting your egotistical sign-off: 'John R. Dodds'  or whatever your middle name is
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:54:57 PM by 1001 N. 4th St. »
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
Dodds--it's been 10 years since I heard from you. You have another message board?

I'm still pissed off at you for banning my "Michael Slive" username, after you hijacked the Ahoya message board.

I hated Conference USA...we deserved so much better. You disagreed. Michael Slive did as well btw.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 07:00:43 PM by Knight Commission »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »
Just curious about that "premium" site.  I have no idea regarding the cost, but anyone know how many subscribers there are that actually pay for info.  

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 09:43:28 PM »
Competition is a good thing. It motivates different parties with different interests but similar goals to be better, work harder, etc. For that reason alone I want there to be two boards.

I've been on the boards since 2001ish. All the smack talk is much ado about nothing. It's just message boards, people. I would never want the boards to go back to the days of incessant Marquette vs. Madison or political talk. Now THAT was awful.
We Are Marquette

DoddsOnSports.com

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
Knight Commission...
You will not believe this...but you posted under the name of 'Mike Slive'...and Mike Slive's asst from CUSA called and asked that we change the name because people thought it was really Mike Slive.  That is a true story.  I remember sending you a private email about changing your name. The fact that you even care about it 10 yrs later is a classic...

if I knew your real name...and someone posted at our site using a screen name with your name...and you asked me to change it...I would...

as far as the Ahoya board.... MIke Juno started it and did a great job..I had a Rivals site to stream my radio show after I asked for streaming advice from ...drum roll...Chicos..who was cutting edge working with Mark Cuban's firm before anyone knew what it was.....when Rivals went bankrupt in the dot com crash...it was reborn 6 mos later and MIke and I agreed to combine sites....I publicized the site on my radio show every week...he was the teckie...I was more of the historian...he did a great job with the video and pictures... all fine until Sept 2003...

We disagreed on a post by a younger student fan who commented on the racial make up of recruiting 2 players Kinsella and Amo from Minn.   What concerned me was that the players had orally committed and the families might come to our board and get the wrong idea about Marquette and its fans. SInce they had not signed and other schools were still interested in them...I did not want to impact recruiting....so I conferred with Mike...he wanted to leave it up...I wanted to take it down...so no one was right...no one was wrong...so we agreed that I should leave......and 3 mos later went to Scout which had just started up that yr...if we had known that MIke was going to phase down and move out of state...we might have stayed at Ahoya...but things worked out for the best...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:43:01 PM by DoddsOnSports.com »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 09:59:04 PM »
Sounds like Dodds and Chicos are both fans of traditional players.  Not sure why there is such tension between the two.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »

We disagreed on a post by a younger student fan who commented on the racial make up of recruiting 2 players Kinsella and Amo from Minn.  

And if I recall, that very same poster has been banned from Scoop as well.   

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
And if I recall, that very same poster has been banned from Scoop as well.   

the donut maker?

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 02:51:39 AM »
Dodds just seems really defensive. Seems like he wants everyone in the world to like him.

As far as Scout vs Scoop goes, it's eerily similar to the whole MU vs UW situation. One is traditional, well balanced, and conservative...while the other one is scrappy and tough and has an underdog mentality.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 07:04:01 AM »
Has Dodds answered why my computer got a virus from Scout?

I enjoy both boards. There are plusses and minuses to both. But, if one is going to wreak havoc on my computer and the other is going to just make me facepalm myself, I'll go with with facepalm site.

Dodd's - Maybe instead of being so overly defensive, you could do something to assure those of us that enjoy your website that it is not contaminated with viruses. Spouting off hot air about your beef with certain posters does not fix my computer nor make me anymore likely to revisit your site.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
I agree you would think Dodds, instead of again reciting the Mike Juno years ad nauseum would at least address the fact that his site is loaded with viruses.  yet he refuses to even acknowledge it?  Is that family?   

Also, as I have said before, and other posters have stated in this thread The MU scout site brings nothing of value on the premium board and the vast majority of the info can be obtained for free elsewhere.  My opinion of the "insiders" is a board for  people that feel more importnat and connected becuase they are memebers of a 'club" and are "insiders".  yet the things they are paying to read and discussed are read and discussed by more secure people for free every day.   

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
Dodds mentioned at the end of his first post that he sent the info about the virus on to the Scout tech team.  Guessing it's from one of the sponsor ads and not anything specific to the MU Scout site so that's probably about all he can do.

Husker4MU

• Starter
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »
When did this board turn into The View?  Dodds as Barbara Walters?  Chicos as Rosie ODonnell?  TallTitan as Elizabeth Hasselbeck?

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »
Haha sweet! Thanks for making me Hasselbeck!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 11:51:56 AM »
When did this board turn into The View?  Dodds as Barbara Walters?  Chicos as Rosie ODonnell?  TallTitan as Elizabeth Hasselbeck?

I don't believe Rosie is on the show and knowing my political leanings, I would definitely be Liz H.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
I don't believe Rosie is on the show and knowing my political leanings, I would definitely be Liz H.

he was basing that on sexual leanings ...not political

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Yeah, I've never seen the show.  I don't know their views on things.

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »

So you're saying Chico's likes women?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »
is the view's hasslebeck married to the seahawks qb?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:28 PM »
is the view's hasslebeck married to the seahawks qb?

She's married to his brother, the ESPN analyst who failed as an NFL quarterback.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
She's the conservative...but a fairly airheaded one.

And don't ask me how I know this.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »
She is box.  Sweet Catholic Elisabeth, only thing wrong about her is the s instead of a z.  14 times hotter than that homely boy Carrie Underwood. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 01:59:33 PM »

Well in that case he's right, I like chicks just like Rosie.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
She's the conservative...but a fairly airheaded one.

And don't ask me how I know this.
Speaking of Airheads, what is your take on Goldberg and Behar?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »

This board has just jumped the shark.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2010, 02:13:06 PM »

Don't watch the show but I've seen clips. Whoopi seems like your garden variety Hollywood liberal - Behar is an off the charts angry one. Hasselbeck? Think Sultan has her pretty well pegged.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:15:16 PM by Lennys Tap »

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »
This board has just jumped the shark.
This whole thread is ludicrous.  Take it off-line folks.

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2010, 02:26:08 PM »
What a big waste of time by people with nothing better to do.  Chicos as Rosie is good though as both are big women if my memory from theology class serves me right. Hey Chicos you still go a duce and a half?  Peace my brother or should I say sister.
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »
Don't watch the show but I've seen clips. Whoopi seems like your garden variety Hollywood liberal - Behar is an off the charts angry one. Hasselbeck? Think Sultan has her pretty well pegged.

I'd peg her repeatedly if she'd let me.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:53 PM »

Well played sir

🏀

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »

This went far too long without a picture.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »
I like chicks just like Rosie.
You may want to think about rephrasing that. ;)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »
So, there were two threads on this the past couple weeks.  The one you're currently reading and this one.

It was most likely not Scout's (much less Dodd's) fault that you were being served up malicious content as this affected a lot of sites across the Internet.  Reading this article it appears that two of the major servers of ads to commercial sites were compromised.

From the article:
Two major online ad networks--DoubleClick and MSN--were serving malware via drive-by download exploits over the last week, experts say, after a group of attackers was able to trick the networks into displaying their ads by impersonating an online advertising provider.

The scheme involved a group of attackers who registered a domain that was one letter away from that of ADShuffle.com, an online advertising technology firm. The attackers then used the fake domain--ADShufffle.com--to dupe the advertising networks into serving their malicious banner ads. The ads used various exploits to install malware on victims' PCs through drive-by downloads, according to information compiled by security vendor Armorize.

This is something that didn't affect me (or a lot of other people) because I make a point of running either Firefox or Chrome as my browser.  If you're running either of these you have the option of using the AdBlock extension, which would have protected you from this attack and from the majority of irritating advertisements:

Adblock for Chrome

Adblock for Firefox

Using Internet Explorer is like not wearing a condom.  It never seems like a big deal until it's too late.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 02:11:27 PM »
most of the banner ads on scout are now for scout.com. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
The virus is still ongoing.   I was just on there for about 10 minutes and averaged one attack per minute, all denied, at least according to the Kaspersky popups that kept appearing.     Not good. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2010, 07:56:16 PM »
I use firefox with ad block, and still picked up a virus from the Scout site.  I inadvertently clicked on an ad while thinking I was clicking on a post. 
Ludum habemus.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
TT is preaching abstinence. Still the best policy to protect against a virus.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback