Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NEWS FLASH: Sky not actually falling  (Read 4816 times)

mug644

• All American
Re: NEWS FLASH: Sky not actually falling
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 05:13:56 AM »
The  thing about this Marquette team, and last year's team to be honest, is that they are a great equalizing force. They play pretty much the exact same against Duke as they do against South Dakota.

This makes for interesting games knowing that we can truly play with the big boys, but we will likely be in a dogfight against lower teams as well. We can play Duke to a three point nailbiter and then turn around and play UWM to the exact same three point margin. I really expect to see this all season long

I agree with your explanation but don't think that counts as playing "pretty much the exact same" against whatever opponent. The reality seems to be that we play at the level of our opponent. We can step it up and hold our own against Duke, but then we turn around and allow UWM to be in the game when it's on the line.

Makes for an exciting, anxiety-causing rollercoaster ride. Count me in for the fun!

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
Re: NEWS FLASH: Sky not actually falling
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 08:44:28 AM »
Agreed. The more you watch them play the more you realize expectations among the fans might be a little high.

Perhaps. (IMO you could say that about EVERY team early in the season when they are playing some of these smaller schools)

But there REALLY is a lot to be excited about for MU basketball.
The "average fan" is an idiot.

feedback