Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 16, 2024, 07:21:10 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by MU82
[June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Herman Cain
[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

NBA green room by Skatastrophy
[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We have such a long way to go it's not funny  (Read 15981 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
We have such a long way to go it's not funny
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:09:51 PM »
Terrible decision making with passing, shooting, rebounding, defense.  Thank God UW hyphen m shot poorly because they had open looks after open looks.  They are not that good which just shows you how far we have to go.

Up by nearly 20 and we nearly pissed the whole thing away practically at home with a ton of our fans there.

We better get it together quickly or a real road game with 10 of our fans in attendance is going to be ugly.

We have time, but tonight was ridiculous.  Wisconsin will destroy us in two weeks if we don't get our act together.

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: We have such a long way to go it's not funny
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 10:12:15 PM »
Terrible decision making with passing, shooting, rebounding, defense.  Thank God UW hyphen m shot poorly because they had open looks after open looks.  They are not that good which just shows you how far we have to go.

Up by nearly 20 and we nearly pissed the whole thing away practically at home with a ton of our fans there.

We better get it together quickly or a real road game with 10 of our fans in attendance is going to be ugly.

We have time, but tonight was ridiculous.  Wisconsin will destroy us in two weeks if we don't get our act together.

Whatever.  UWm played a good game.  It's their Super Bowl.  We played okay.  Did some good things..and no..Wisconsin won't destroy us - no team destroys Buzz's teams Chicos.  Step back from the ledge as usual.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »
Yup, we do have quite a bit of work to do.  But we also did last year at this point.  We lost at home by 13 to NC State when we were up 11 (at least...know it was double digits can't remember exactly what though) at the half.  When we lost at DePaul I literally said I was not going to go to another game the whole year, and low and behold we go to the tournament.  It's a very long season.  We'll have games like this and then we'll have games like we did hanging with the #1 team in the country all the way to the end.  Just like we did last year in losing to DePaul and beating Louisville by 20+.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »

Whatever.  UWm played a good game.  It's their Super Bowl.  We played okay.  Did some good things..and no..Wisconsin won't destroy us - no team destroys Buzz's teams Chicos.  Step back from the ledge as usual.

+1

romey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 10:20:29 PM »
+1

Other than hit free throws down the stretch (ironically we never should have been in a position to have to make them) and DJO's first half, what are the things we did well?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »

Whatever.  UWm played a good game.  It's their Super Bowl.  We played okay.  Did some good things..and no..Wisconsin won't destroy us -

Read what I said....they will destroy us if we don't get our act together.  You have a bad habit of taking 40% of what someone says and leaving out the rest of a sentence or even entire sentences, not sure why you do that.

no team destroys Buzz's teams Chicos.  Step back from the ledge as usual.

Georgetown 80, Marquette 57 last year....I'd say that's a blowout

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 10:27:32 PM »
Read what I said....they will destroy us if we don't get our act together.  You have a bad habit of taking 40% of what someone says and leaving out the rest of a sentence or even entire sentences, not sure why you do that.

Nice reference to a 3rd game in less than 72 hours with a team full of midgets and only 6 deep.  But as posted in another thread..let's go on record now Chicos and get your prediction as to how bad UW destroys MU?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Hope I'm wrong, but I think theses guys have been really overated. 

Crowder - Disapointingly  soft
Blue- No offense
Caudigan- so-so. Not that talented
Buycks- Nuff said
Butler- Can't do it all. Doesn't seemed to have steped up off last year.
DJO- really inconsistent.

Team can't shoot, can't rebound, mediocre on free throws, soft on defense, and certainly doesn't hustle like last year.

Hope I'm wrong but hello NIT.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »
3rd game in less than 72 hours? We played Monday and Tuesday, then had 95 hours until we took the court tonight.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 10:36:41 PM »
Last year they blew big leads to FSU and NC State and the season was in jeopardy. After beating UWM, MU played an ugly game in Madison and the NCAA Tournament was a question mark. A 1-3 conference start pretty much sealed an NIT bid. Losing to DePaul and Syracuse giving MU a 2-5 BE record then made the NIT just a pipe dream. I don't remember how things went from there but I honestly can't believe Buzz kept his job after such a disasterous 09-10 season. If only they had a traditional, unathletic, spot-up shooter!

Marquette is going to be just fine.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 10:38:59 PM by MerrittsMustache »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »
3rd game in less than 72 hours? We played Monday and Tuesday, then had 95 hours until we took the court tonight.

He was talking about the Georgetown game that Chicos referenced

nomorebuycks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
Hope I'm wrong, but I think theses guys have been really overated. 

Crowder - Disapointingly  soft
Blue- No offense
Caudigan- so-so. Not that talented
Buycks- Nuff said
Butler- Can't do it all. Doesn't seemed to have steped up off last year.
DJO- really inconsistent.

Team can't shoot, can't rebound, mediocre on free throws, soft on defense, and certainly doesn't hustle like last year.

Hope I'm wrong but hello NIT.

Crowder plays small for his size, which is the opposite of Lazar from last year.

Unfortunately, I agree that Crowder, Blue, and Junior just aren't that good.  They will be average college basketball players, which is nothing to sneeze at, but won't get it done at an elite Big East level.   I still think Junior should be the PG since Buycks is just Godawful, though.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »
Crowder plays small for his size, which is the opposite of Lazar from last year.

Unfortunately, I agree that Crowder, Blue, and Junior just aren't that good.  They will be average college basketball players, which is nothing to sneeze at, but won't get it done at an elite Big East level.   I still think Junior should be the PG since Buycks is just Godawful, though.

This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here...and it's in response to one of the other dumbest posts I've seen on here. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a grown man who has a screen name that rips a college kid.

chren21

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »
This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on here...and it's in response to one of the other dumbest posts I've seen on here. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a grown man who has a screen name that rips a college kid.

Yeah, my gosh the three guys referenced just played in thier 7th D1 game.  (Junior a few more)....  Let's not start jumping off cliffs yet.  They did play terrible but let's not go overboard.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Last year they blew big leads to FSU and NC State and the season was in jeopardy. After beating UWM, MU played an ugly game in Madison and the NCAA Tournament was a question mark. A 1-3 conference start pretty much sealed an NIT bid. Losing to DePaul and Syracuse giving MU a 2-5 BE record then made the NIT just a pipe dream. I don't remember how things went from there but I honestly can't believe Buzz kept his job after such a disasterous 09-10 season. If only they had a traditional, unathletic, spot-up shooter!

Marquette is going to be just fine.

Last years team lost when they ran out of gas. They were never outhustled and they played smart. Not so this year.  I don't see anyone on this team with the heart of last years seniors, and whats scary is  they were all Crean's recruits.  

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
They were also 4th year seniors dude. Acker and Cubillan looked WORTHLESS junior year. These are the exact same posts people were writing about those two at the beginning of last season.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Yup, we do have quite a bit of work to do.  But we also did last year at this point.  We lost at home by 13 to NC State when we were up 11 (at least...know it was double digits can't remember exactly what though) at the half.

No we didn't. We lost to NC State by 4. The final score was 77-73.

Yeah...that's A blowout. One. Exactly one blowout. And that is our only double digit loss since March 4, 2009 against Pittsburgh on the road. That means in our past 46 games, we have only lost once by double digits. One blemish in the past 633 days. So yes, you can take one game and say we got blown out. But as far as sample size, I'd say 2.17% is pretty damn rare. Buzz teams don't get blown out, we won't get destroyed by Wisconsin.

In fact, the only chance Wisco probably has of beating us is if they send the football team. Their basketball team simply can't score enough points.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:01:28 PM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mutaman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
They were also 4th year seniors dude. Acker and Cubillan looked WORTHLESS junior year. These are the exact same posts people were writing about those two at the beginning of last season.

Hope you're right.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »
Nice reference to a 3rd game in less than 72 hours with a team full of midgets and only 6 deep.  But as posted in another thread..let's go on record now Chicos and get your prediction as to how bad UW destroys MU?

You said we never get blow out, I show a fact that we had and you're upset about it.  Typical.

I'll see how MU does in their next two games before making my predictions.  Before the season started, I had MU winning against UW-madison.  I also had us at 5-2 at this point.  So far I'm dead on.   MU needs to shore up a lot of things in the next two games and then I'll make my prediction one way or another.

Right now, UW-madison is the better team.  Fortunately, we're not playing them RIGHT NOW.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 11:01:19 PM »

In fact, the only chance Wisco probably has of beating us is if they send the football team. Their basketball team simply can't score enough points.

You guys are awfully confident.  I hope you're right.  We definitely have more talent then madison, but talent doesn't always win.  We hustle, usually, but tonight there were episodes that were extremely disappointing in that area. 

Too much dumb basketball going on.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »
We definitely have more talent then madison,

Than vs. then.  You had us at 5-2?  Most did.  The CONSENSUS was that we'd be 5-2 at this point in the season.  We've got a ton of talented kids that have played very little at this level.  We'll be fine. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 11:12:46 PM »
Than vs. then.  You had us at 5-2?  Most did.  The CONSENSUS was that we'd be 5-2 at this point in the season.  We've got a ton of talented kids that have played very little at this level.  We'll be fine. 

That's what scares me....you had the Vikings in the Super Bowl this year and even two weeks ago said you were going to make a huge run to the playoffs. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »

Agreed. Crowder is a stud, and is not soft. He should not be playing Center.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »
You guys are awfully confident.  I hope you're right.  We definitely have more talent then madison, but talent doesn't always win.  We hustle, usually, but tonight there were episodes that were extremely disappointing in that area. 

Too much dumb basketball going on.

Listening to Buzz's postgame interview, I just don't think it's time to panic. 7 games in 14 days. That's insane. I don't think anyone else in the country has done that. This is the biggest game UW-M has played since their Sweet 16 run. Of course they were up for it. And that Ja'Rob McCallum was unconscious in the second half.

It's a young team with a young coach. They've had relatively little prep time for most of their games thus far. That won't be the case for Wisconsin. It's not nearly time for the panic button, and they have plenty of problems of their own. They struggled with a mediocre Boston College team, shot wretched against Manhattan and only scored because the Jaspers were even worse, and lost to UNLV. It's not like Ohio State or Kansas is coming to town. We may not be at our best, but Becky's been arguably worse than us. Look at who beat us, two of the top 20 teams in the country. Wisco could pose a threat if we play poorly, which is possible, but based on the results thus far, we should be okay.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »

Nobody knows how to pat himself on the back like Chicos.  The world won't ever appreciate the guy, but he'll be damned if he himself doesn't acknowledge his own greatness.

feedback