Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crean may have done it  (Read 17276 times)

El Duderino

• Team Captain
Re: Crean may have done it
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2010, 01:31:57 AM »
See this is one area where we differ. I actually like IU as a program and think that Crean will do well. I think it benefitted both MU and Crean to part ways. I just do not see the need to contstantly defend him here. Nor do I see the need to keep namedropping, or hinting I know "things".

Yea, given the high school basketball talent base in the state of Indiana and the tradition of the Hoosiers program, especially to kids in state, IMO it would take a poor head coach to not bring in enough talent that at worst is a regular participant in the NCAA Tournament.

Crean i don't think was the great recruiter while at Marquette that a lot of the national media made him out to be, but he certainly wasn't a bad recruiter either. So i expected him to eventually start landing some of the consistently good crop of kids that the state of Indiana churns out, thus his teams would get better.

We'll see though how it ends up resulting in finishes among the upper tier of the Big Ten. That conference now has a stable of high quality coaches with Izzo, Ryan, Weber, Matta, Painter, and Tubby. If Michigan and/or Iowa can get their programs back in order, the Big Ten will be a very very tough conference for quite awhile and Crean or anyone else will need a damn good team to crack the top 3-4 in the conference.

feedback