Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Most Hated Players of the Last 30 Years - G-land  (Read 9616 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Most Hated Players of the Last 30 Years - G-land
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »
Kelly tripucka, David Rivers, joe chernelich, corzine and the big white kid ND seems to every year...fill in the name.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 11:48:23 AM »
Michigan played 34 games their freshman season. Webber started all of them, Rose 33, Howard 31, King 21, Jackson 15. They all started together from early February on.

Jackson averaged 17 minutes but the rest of them all averaged 28+. In fact, Howard played all of 1 minute more than King on the season.

Well, guess i was wrong about King, and guess I was a couple weeks off in terms of Fisher starting them as a unit (thought it was closer to the end of February).

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »
For me personally my least favorite player hands down is Jon Scheyer. Couldn't stand the kid in high school or college.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
In no order of Big East opponents:

Pittsnogle WV
Jerry Smith UL
Kye Mcalarney ND
Devendorf SU
Harangody ND
McNamara SU
Aaron Gray Pitt
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »

Pittsnogle WV
Jerry Smith UL
Kye Mcalarney ND
Devendorf SU
Harangody ND
McNamara SU
Aaron Gray Pitt

What? No Ben Hansbrough?!?

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »

Pittsnogle WV
Jerry Smith UL
Kye Mcalarney ND
Devendorf SU
Harangody ND
McNamara SU
Aaron Gray Pitt

Ahhhh. Forgot about Pittsnoggle.

From a Big East standpoint, I think Devandorf is #2, w/Harongody #1. Hands effing down.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 12:38:01 PM »
I hated Scottie Reynolds so much for the following reasons: he always killed us, two of my best friends went to Nova so that was annoying, they were really good when he was there, it felt like he was there for a whole decade, and we matched up against him perfectly but he would crush us. I was so happy when he became the first All American to not be drafted.
Bring back FFP!!!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
Kelly tripucka, yes,  David Rivers, yes,  joe chernelich, yes,  corzine, ?,   and the big white kid ND seems to every year, yes...fill in the name.

Add to that Ricky Olson and Mark Aguirre

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:42 PM »
Where's Tom Kleinschmidt? 

He played at Depaul.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
Except for the fact that they were SUPER popular and a lot of people loved them.

Kind of like Duke?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »
and Laimbeer.

Laimbeer remained a d*ck in the NBA.  Sunk a long three against the Bucks.  Ran off the court signalling "Three".  Crowd screaming at him.  He thrived on being a d*ck.

You nailed it.  I was sure that this would turn into a "why I hate Laimbeer" thread.  He has to be responsible for at least 2/3's of the hate directed toward ND to this day whether those directing the hate that way know it or not.  He and Digger (with a nod in Tirpucka's direction) institutionalized hated of ND at Marquette.  The only possible explanation is that he was just too long ago for many on this board to appreciate.  The only thing that ever got Laimbeer pissed was not getting to the crowd.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
Kelly tripucka, David Rivers, joe chernelich, corzine and the big white kid ND seems to every year...fill in the name.
Really? You hated David Rivers? I can see the other guys, but Rivers was a down-to-earth kid who was a really good player with a good, came-from-nothing, recovered from a devastating car accident story.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »
David Rivers drove me crazy. Thought he was over hyped, played for what seemed like a decade at ND and had buzzer beater against us. My hate factor is based off if the kids career seems longer than four years.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »
I hated Scottie Reynolds so much for the following reasons: he always killed us, two of my best friends went to Nova so that was annoying, they were really good when he was there, it felt like he was there for a whole decade, and we matched up against him perfectly but he would crush us. I was so happy when he became the first All American to not be drafted.

I disliked him ONLY because he did well against us.  Other than that, I think he was ultimately likeable.  Played hard, was damn good, and didn't seem to have an ego (in terms of showing people up or otherwise being unsportsmanlike).
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
My most hated Domer is Dwight Clay, who hit a 22 footer from the baseline to end MU's home winning streak at 81. Probably a really good guy but I can't forgive him that shot.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
Lenny

I hate that clay beat us, but I never hated him before that. Will remember him beating us forever and the heartbreak that followed. Maybe I will start to hate 35 years later. Nice addition.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »
Except for the fact that they were SUPER popular and a lot of people loved them.

Jalen Rose is a very funny and interesting guy. C Webb always seemed like a chill dude.
We Are Marquette

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
I completely disagree with nearly every player on this list.  Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept here.  We are going to hate players who were good and maybe a little annoying?

Where are the cheaters ala Chris Webber?  Where are the women beaters, ala Devendorf?  People who attempted to murder their roommate, ala Donald Little?

Those are the people who should be hated.  Seems like this bracket confirms that society's priorities are messed up.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 03:00:30 PM »
Where's Jean Felix on the list?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
I completely disagree with nearly every player on this list.  Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept here.  We are going to hate players who were good and maybe a little annoying?

Where are the cheaters ala Chris Webber?  Where are the women beaters, ala Devendorf?  People who attempted to murder their roommate, ala Donald Little?

Those are the people who should be hated.  Seems like this bracket confirms that society's priorities are messed up.

Let's not forget the horse puncher - Art Long.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

feedback