[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milwaukee t-shirt company debuts Warriors shirt  (Read 10243 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Milwaukee t-shirt company debuts Warriors shirt
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:28:08 AM »
Wiskullsin, A Milwaukee based t-shirt company, has just introduced a new set of t-shirts. One of the new shirts is a Warriors based shirt.

I will definitely be getting one of these to wear to Saturdays game.

here is a link to their website: http://wiskullsin.bigcartel.com/
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Milwaukee t-shirt company debuts Warriors shirt
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:57:53 AM »
yeah, cool shirt!!!  these are local guys.  support their efforts warrior fans!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
I'm not wearing any shirt that references dead Indians.  Piss poor idea.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »

It's not nearly offensive enough.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
In for one.

Nice sync with PayPal.

Simple and easy. The way I like it.

Thanks for the tip!  ;D
SS Marquette

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »
slightly OT...

whatever happened with the company that was advertising Warrior shirts a while ago? i recall several people placing and receiving orders, but then they seemed to have been shut down or something...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 01:29:52 AM »
slightly OT...

whatever happened with the company that was advertising Warrior shirts a while ago? i recall several people placing and receiving orders, but then they seemed to have been shut down or something...

As far as I know, they delivered everything they promised.  But I don't know if the business is still around.  Check your PM's.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 08:25:26 AM »
I personally never even linked this shirt to being offensive. Maybe because I have been close to this company [seen their shirts all over Milwaukee] since they have started. Their logo is Wisconsin's profile with a skull put into it. They are just adapting this to market to the other side of town, Marquette campus.

Anyone else really think this was offensive?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:27:49 PM by jaybilaswho? »
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:52:17 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree - the shirt has a cool look, but portraying a dead Native American - not a fan and not something I want associated with Marquette.

I'll stick with my other warrior gear.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »
It's not a dead native american any more than their state logo shirt is a dead state of wisconsin.  A little too pc, people.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:20:18 AM »
I do not support the flag below. I will never support anything that portrays a dead pirate. I want my pirates to be alive.

(disclaimer: I am not grouping pirates and native americans in the same boat... simply drawing a comparison between the use of the skull and to call out the incredibly sensitive, PC nature of some of the posters.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:23:19 AM by jaybilaswho? »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »

I am stunned at how idiotic this post is. Stunned.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »

You'll be more than stunned when you run into a 6'4" 250lb dude named Tonto walking down a city street, not that you leave the front of your computer in your mom's basement ever.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:40:19 PM by Skatastrophy »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »
You'll be more than stunned when you run into a 6'4" 250lb Tonto walking down a city street, not that you leave the front of your computer in your mom's basement ever.
a Tonto?  Sounds like racial stereotyping.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:37:33 AM by ATWizJr »

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Then please be stunned by another poster who objects to the negative and confused message the logo sends:  a dead warrior?  a dead school?  a dead athletic program?  What the hell is it supposed to represent?
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
Here's an idea.....if you're confused don't buy one.  Were you frightened by a grateful dead poster as a child?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:42:17 AM by ATWizJr »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 11:43:35 AM »
Then please be stunned by another poster who objects to the negative and confused message the logo sends:  a dead warrior?  a dead school?  a dead athletic program?  What the hell is it supposed to represent?

EVERY T-SHIRT ON THE SITE HAS A SKULL ON IT!!!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT?

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
So.......what then, a dead tee shirt company, as well?

Oh, wait, I get it:  Middle-age Goth!  Cool!
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
The Skull is their logo.

If you went onto their site you will see that they have made UW-Madison styled gear. This shirt is just their attempt to get into the Marquette market- not to make fun of Native Americans, marquette's "dead" nickname or that Marquette is a "dead" program.

I think that sums up the intention of this product.

Stop trying to read further into it.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
I get that every picture on the site has a skull on it. I am not confused as to its purpose and I don't think the site has any bad intent.

THAT BEING SAID...I wouldn't want to wear one of these in public. I don't want to represent the university in a way that makes us look like pretty boys who advertise dead indians. Yes, its a matter of perception. But everytime you wear MU stuff you are representing the university in a way.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »
I get that every picture on the site has a skull on it. I am not confused as to its purpose and I don't think the site has any bad intent.

THAT BEING SAID...I wouldn't want to wear one of these in public. I don't want to represent the university in a way that makes us look like pretty boys who advertise dead indians. Yes, its a matter of perception. But everytime you wear MU stuff you are representing the university in a way.

Well said.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 01:03:26 PM »

C'mon man.  People all over the country are wearing MU stuff.  You can't control what kind of people wear it and how that reflects on the university, no matter what kind of shirt it is.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
You can't control what kind of people wear it and how that reflects on the university, no matter what kind of shirt it is.

No, but I can control what I wear and how that reflects on the university. That's my point.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 03:21:51 PM »
I'm gettin' one.  I'm pretty much trying to collect every type of Warrior shirt I can get my hands on.  I think this one is pretty cool.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 03:39:15 PM »
Well, I will be wearing mine to the game tomorrow. Looking forward to see what kind of reactions it will get from the, oh... 238 people who will be in attendance.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »
Just ordered mine....Looks badass!!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
No, but I can control what I wear and how that reflects on the university. That's my point.
  Like I said, many posts earlier, if you're confused then don't buy one.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
  Like I said, many posts earlier, if you're confused then don't buy one.

I'm about done with this thread and (thankfully) by tomorrow we'll have more important things to talk about, but for future reference when someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are confused, it means they disagree. Unless you'd rather just be condescending. Your choice.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »
I'm about done with this thread and (thankfully) by tomorrow we'll have more important things to talk about, but for future reference when someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are confused, it means they disagree. Unless you'd rather just be condescending. Your choice.

Then don't look at the thread or ignore it. If you need to know now what people are saying on a thread you responded to, then read it. Your choice.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
I'm curious to see if there was a generational difference on who likes it and who doesn't.

I'm a thirty-something, and I'm open to the shirt.

I have other MU stuff with the Indian mascot but this was a little bit different, unique.
SS Marquette

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 06:09:53 PM »
Then don't look at the thread or ignore it. If you need to know now what people are saying on a thread you responded to, then read it. Your choice.
hear, hear!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 06:12:22 PM »
BTW, before MU intervenes to take this shirt off the market, you'd better order asap, 'cause I have a feeling that the heavy hand of MU legal is about to fall.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
I'm curious to see if there was a generational difference on who likes it and who doesn't.

I'm a thirty-something, and I'm open to the shirt.

I have other MU stuff with the Indian mascot but this was a little bit different, unique.

I'm a 60 something, and I, also, am open to the shirt.

Wiskullsin

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »
Hello Warrior Fans.

We are the guys that created the shirt in question. We are two Milwaukee natives that grew up loving Warrior Basketball. If you took the time to look at our designs, shirts, etc... you will see a common theme: Milwaukee/Wisconsin/Midwest pride and the use of skeleton anatomy to create more macabre imagery. Basically, making the things we love a bit more hardcore. And more importantly, there is a shared love for that logo and team. We understand that people may see this image and get offended for one reason or another. Or that people may think it makes the university look bad. Neither of those things were our intent. Our intent was to make something we love a bit more fitting to our style. We're saddened to think that people would be upset by this or think we are being insensitive. It was not our intention to use our imagery to be derogatory to any group of people or university. Due to legal pressure brought on by the university, The Warrior t-shirt will no longer be available on our website as requested.

We would like to thank those who supported us and our efforts. Again, no harm was intended. Feel free to contact us about this subject further with any comments or dialogue you might have. We're interested in hearing from you.

The Wiskullsin Boys
http://wiskullsin.bigcartel.com/
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1056235833&ref=ts#!/wiskullsin

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 07:00:38 PM »
wow that sucks! i was just looking at that a few hours ago, then i come on to show a friend and its taken off the site. lame, marquette

i'm also wondering why marquette has made a stink about this, but the brewers haven't done the same
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:24:23 PM by muhoosier260 »

Teragram1940

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 08:17:59 PM »
I love my Wisskullsin shirt!  I know I will love my Wisskullsin Warriors Shirt.  Warriors Forever!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 08:49:20 AM »
wow that sucks! i was just looking at that a few hours ago, then i come on to show a friend and its taken off the site. lame, marquette

i'm also wondering why marquette has made a stink about this, but the brewers haven't done the same
  Yeah, the shirt doesn't even say Marquette or MU on it. Overreaction, Marquette!  Wonder how much inventory they are now on the hook for? 

Wiskullsin

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
Again, thanks to everyone for the support.

Correction on facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/wiskullsin

Hope to hear from all you interested parties soon. Go Warriors!

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 06:43:28 PM »
Man, mine just came today I saw it was taken off the website later that day. I love it

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
Man, mine just came today I saw it was taken off the website later that day. I love it

Got mine too.

Was about to get a little upset it wasn't gold lettering but oh well...
SS Marquette

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »
Got mine today!! Looks awesome!!

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »
Was about to get a little upset it wasn't gold lettering but oh well...

They couldnt do gold lettering because MU also manages the use of the color Gold on any shirt that is Navy Blue or resembles any blue-ish color that is printed... anywhere.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 04:59:49 PM »
I'm awaiting mine as I type!  Very cool shirt.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »
They couldnt do gold lettering because MU also manages the use of the color Gold on any shirt that is Navy Blue or resembles any blue-ish color that is printed... anywhere.

Then Southern Mississippi, et al are doing (and did!) a bad job managing the Golden Eagles moniker.
SS Marquette

feedback