Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: ATTENTION SEASON TICKET HOLDERS:  (Read 11387 times)

muguru

• All American
ATTENTION SEASON TICKET HOLDERS:
« on: October 23, 2010, 08:09:51 AM »
Get in there and buy your 4 additional to the UW game right now!!! Tickets go on sale to the general public at Noon today. The more you buy, the less that are available for rodent fans. Buy buy buy!!!! Do NOT let them have access to tickets to this game the easy way.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: ATTENTION SEASON TICKET HOLDERS:
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:13:32 AM »
This makes no sense.  Two years ago, the thing was sold out the day STHs could order 4.  Now we've got more STHs (way more .. remember the $99 ticket plan?  That's a few hundred right there.)

And yet we still have tickets left?  Makes zero sense.

I've got my 8.

teddycoke

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:43:07 AM »
I am pretty sure tickets were available all week on Stubhub...

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:50:47 AM »
This makes no sense.  Two years ago, the thing was sold out the day STHs could order 4.  Now we've got more STHs (way more .. remember the $99 ticket plan?  That's a few hundred right there.)

And yet we still have tickets left?  Makes zero sense.

I've got my 8.

I don't get it either....I was stunned myself that we were allowed to go back in and buy 4 more. What really surprised me even more was when I went in yesterday morning to buy my 4 additional, the quality as to what i got. I broke them down into pairs and found out the quality was much better doing it that way, then trying to buy 4 at once.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »
Get in there and buy your 4 additional to the UW game right now!!! Tickets go on sale to the general public at Noon today. The more you buy, the less that are available for rodent fans. Buy buy buy!!!! Do NOT let them have access to tickets to this game the easy way.
Ya, thanks for posting this! It was already posted last night under check your B&G points. ;)

The general public CAN'T buy single games ticket for the MU-UW game. Only the gold plan.

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-individual-tickets.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:59:11 AM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »
Just checked and the best available with 2 seats together was 414 row W, which is the 2nd last row in the worst corner.  Based on that, I'd guess there's less than 50 left if you want 2 together.  There were still singles left in the lower level.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:06:08 AM »
Ya, thanks for posting this! It was already posted last night under check your B&G points. ;)

The general public CAN'T buy single games ticket for the MU-UW game. Only the gold plan.

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-individual-tickets.html

Ahhhh. Missed that. Great job MU ticket office!!! I still wonder though why there were even tickets left for this game and not sold out on the first day, let alone two weeks later!  >:(

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
I think the big difference this year is the tiered pricing.  $25 for the nosebleed corner seats is pretty steep, especially if you're already a season ticket holder and already have several other tickets to distribute.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 09:45:22 AM »
I think the big difference this year is the tiered pricing.  $25 for the nosebleed corner seats is pretty steep, especially if you're already a season ticket holder and already have several other tickets to distribute.
$25 is still a great deal if you look at the price to see the Bucks in their big games (Heat, Lakers, Bulls) I'm in sec 424, row 4 for $72 for the Bucks-Heat game.

The best way to buy tickets for any sports team in this city is season-tickets or mini plans. You reward the fans who come out to see more than 1 to 2 games per season.

Last season's Marquette Senior Day game versus Notre Dame, I ran in to fans that had on Marquette gear on and act like they are huge MU fans, to find out that was the only game of the season they were at. I don't want to pick on those fans because I'm sure they are big MU fans, but we need those people at the Bradley Center for more than one game per season. That is why the Marquette Ticket Office came out with the NEW 4 game plan (Baby Blue Pan) which has all 4 games on Saturday's. South Dakota, West Virginia, Syracuse and Seton Hall. Ticketmaster was starting that plan in Sec.400 row M
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:48:15 AM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 10:03:10 AM »
$25 is still a great deal if you look at the price to see the Bucks in their big games (Heat, Lakers, Bulls) I'm in sec 424, row 4 for $72 for the Bucks-Heat game.

The best way to buy tickets for any sports team in this city is season-tickets or mini plans. You reward the fans who come out to see more than 1 to 2 games per season.

Last season's Marquette Senior Day game versus Notre Dame, I ran in to fans that had on Marquette gear on and act like they are huge MU fans, to find out that was the only game of the season they were at. I don't want to pick on those fans because I'm sure they are big MU fans, but we need those people at the Bradley Center for more than one game per season. That is why the Marquette Ticket Office came out with the NEW 4 game plan (Baby Blue Pan) which has all 4 games on Saturday's. South Dakota, West Virginia, Syracuse and Seton Hall. Ticketmaster was starting that plan in Sec.400 row M

not everyone lives 10 min or less away
not everyone can afford to go to multiple games a year
my couch is awful comfy

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 10:18:26 AM »
my couch is awful comfy
I know. Like I said I'm sure they are big MU fans.

With the 10 mins. away thing you said, I agree. That's why I said in earlier post why is there so many 8pm game this season during the week. (I do know it's TV)  That hurts the folk that might come from Waukesha or so-on.

The people I saw had money.  ;)  It's only $85 for a 4 game pack.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:25:09 AM by mupanther »
-Bill Walton

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 11:17:44 AM »
The 8:00s make it tough to make the trip up from Chicago during the week.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 11:49:40 AM »
I don't care if there's 9,000 Badger fans there.  It makes it all the more fun when we win.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 12:41:06 PM »
I don't care if there's 9,000 Badger fans there.  It makes it all the more fun when we win.

Would you see that many Duke fans at a NC-Duke game, or that many Kentucky fans at a UL-UK game?? NO!!! That's my biggest problem with this "rivalry", the hatred is not there like it is with some of the greater rivalries in college BB. The fans are too mamby pamby with each other, and like both teams except for one game a year...BS!! Like a Louisville fan once told me about their rivalry with Kentucky. You either bleed, red or you bleed blue, there is no in between. That's how it should be here too.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

NumenFlumenque

• Walk-On
  • Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 12:59:12 PM »
Would you see that many Duke fans at a NC-Duke game, or that many Kentucky fans at a UL-UK game?? NO!!! That's my biggest problem with this "rivalry", the hatred is not there like it is with some of the greater rivalries in college BB. The fans are too mamby pamby with each other, and like both teams except for one game a year...BS!! Like a Louisville fan once told me about their rivalry with Kentucky. You either bleed, red or you bleed blue, there is no in between. That's how it should be here too.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

The hatred isn't there because there's not a balance of hatred. There's a higher % of MU fans who despise Madison compared to the % of Madison fans who hate MU. The casual fans for both teams can't/won't/don't carry this rivalry for longer than one day in December every year.

I don't think this "rivalry" will ever get to the national stage unless both of these teams are competing for their conference championships year in and year out. Which won't ever happen, b/c Madison sucks  ;)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 02:21:10 PM »

As much as I would like to agree, I think the best way is 1 game at a time. You can find tickets on ebay or craigslist for less than $10 for lower level to every Bucks game minus lakers/heat. I've been buying off Ebay, craigslist, and scalpers for years and never had a problem. I wish I had the money to drop on season tickets and really support the team.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »
The hatred isn't there because there's not a balance of hatred. There's a higher % of MU fans who despise Madison compared to the % of Madison fans who hate MU.

You might be right on percentages .. but not by headcount.  The number of folks who hate MU in the state of Wisconsin is 25x the number who hate UW.  Mainly because you get the guys who took a 2 credit pass/fail class from the UW-Mineral Point extension and think their mascot is Bucky.  Lots of hatred out there for MU.

The Bradley Center is our house.  The only red that should be visible is the guys on the visitor's bench.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
I don't think there is much "MU hatred" in Wisconsin.  Mostly "MU indifference." 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »
Oh and if any season ticket holder wants to purchase extra tickets and guaranty that they will go to an MU fan, I would be interested.  I will be around that weekend.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »
Oh and if any season ticket holder wants to purchase extra tickets and guaranty that they will go to an MU fan, I would be interested.  I will be around that weekend.

I am also looking for some tickets for me and a few othe alumni that will be coming into town if anybody has extras.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 01:46:18 AM »
my couch is awful comfy

In the 2007-2008-2009 seating, for all of 07-08 and almost all of 08-09, the two seats next to my season tickets sat empty every single game.  Finally, the last game of 08-09, I get to the BC and there's 2 people in those seats.  By halftime, it's driving me nuts and I have to ask.

Turns out that those are their season tickets, but they live in Sheboygan and "don't make it down very often."
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 07:24:46 AM »
my couch is awful comfy

That is generally my attitude as well.  I turn down tickets to all sorts of sporting events because I can generally watch them on television at a fraction of the cost and time.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 12:23:27 PM »
In the 2007-2008-2009 seating, for all of 07-08 and almost all of 08-09, the two seats next to my season tickets sat empty every single game.  Finally, the last game of 08-09, I get to the BC and there's 2 people in those seats.  By halftime, it's driving me nuts and I have to ask.

Turns out that those are their season tickets, but they live in Sheboygan and "don't make it down very often."

More room for you! Its kinda crapty they don't make it, but at least they are financially contributing to the athletic program and the seats aren't going to fans of the opposing team.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »
I don't think there is much "MU hatred" in Wisconsin.  Mostly "MU indifference." 

Their message boards sure do take up an awful lot of space during the year for an "indifferent" opponent, more so than even their Big Ten opponents.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »
Not really on topic, but season ticket question. I'm a first-timer wondering when we get the tickets. I just got my schedule through the end of the season, and I want to figure out what days I can get off when MU plays, but also which games I can sell because I can't get them off. Hard to sell them without the tickets, though. Anyone know when they show up?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »
They should be there early this week.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 02:11:51 AM »
More room for you! Its kinda crapty they don't make it, but at least they are financially contributing to the athletic program and the seats aren't going to fans of the opposing team.

Which is why my reaction was basically *shrug*.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback