'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by BrewCity83
[Today at 03:23:55 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Buzz interview  (Read 3458 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Buzz interview
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »
John Rothstein from MSG tweeted quotes from a conversation with Buzz. Here's what he posted-

-Just got off the phone with #Marquette HC Buzz Williams - inspiring conversation...
-Buzz Wiliiams on pre-season rankings."I don't think false expecations matter. The only expectations that matter are the ones in our program"
-Williams on pre-season rankings cont'd.."Whatever the number you're picked doesn't matter. You will get what you earn."
-Williams on who will start "All I'm concerned with is toughness. The 5 toughest players will start. The 6th toughest player will be 6th man"
-Williams on challenging his players - "In the guts of a game, that's when things come out. It's a daily grind + my guys know it."
-Williams on Darius Johnson-Odom- "B/c he's quiet by nature and unselfish, he's gotten a lack of notoriety."
-Williams on Vander Blue -"He's doesn't want 2 be a good player, he wants 2 be a great one. He wants to be coached. I love his body language"
-Williams on Junior Cadougan-"He has to be good for us. He didn't get a lot of game experience last yr but he did practice + that will help"
-Williams on Dwight Buycks-"He has to be better than he was last year, especially defensively."
-Williams on Jae Crowder-"He's like a 28 year old man. He's ready to compete. He's similar to Lazar Hayward but doesn't shoot it as well."
-Williams on Jimmy Butler-"I love his versatility + he's a good defender. When has space, he's as good an offensive rebounder as I've seen"
-Williams on big men Chris Otule and Davante Gardner-"I think they're big bodies that can help us."
-Williams on phil.-"On offense, I want us to take the first best shot we can take. On D, I want them to take the worst shot they can take"
-Williams on finishing 5th in BE last yr with no one over 6-6-"When we play small, we cause just as many matchup problems as if we were big"
-Williams on FR Jamail Jones-"He's smart, he thinks about getting better when he's not in the gym. He's never worked this hard in his life"
-Williams on who surprise in the Big East-"Seton Hall and Cincinnati, without question."
-Buzz Williams on Cincinnati-"They're so big and physical and they're going to be more together this year."
-Buzz Williams on Seton Hall-"Look at their players. It's not just Hazell and Pope, they've got 7 or 8 really good guys on their team."

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
Re: Buzz interview
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
Its nice to see a reporter who did their homework on the MU roster.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
Re: Buzz interview
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »