[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB SAYS ANDERSON TO MU!!!!  (Read 11832 times)

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
IWB SAYS ANDERSON TO MU!!!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
Re: IWB SAYS ANDERSON TO MU!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
ooops, didn't see someone already posted this in the other thread, but oh well.

Great way to start the 2011 class!

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
Rivals got him down for MU too.

So I don't watch tapes of prospects.  Does anyone have any more information about Anderson to add other than what the recruiting site analysis?

Defensive guy? Three point shooter?  Handling skills?  Fast?  Athletic?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:44:56 AM »

So I don't watch tapes of prospects.  Does anyone have any more information about Anderson to add other than what the recruiting site analysis?

He's a Buzz recruit, so I'm gonna go with YES to all of those. :D
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
From the horse's mouth....Juan just tweeted....

"I've committed to Marquette University. Officially a Golden Eagle. Thank God for giving me this day and opportunity."

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
Great pick-up....the youtube video on this kid was impressive as he looks like a long 2 or 3 (possibly 4) who could nail the three, finish drives down the lane with dunks and also block shots, pass and make free throws.....reminded me a little of Latino Louisville player (Sergio?) who played for Louisville and made it to the NBA accept has more meat on him.  Yet another top 100 talent who can dribble, shoot and pass....Buzz is the man!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
Nice start to the 2001 class.  I also like the diversity of where these kids are coming from, now with a California recruit.  Buzz loves these 6ft 6 slasher types.   Keep it going..

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
Can't believe it took till October to get a recruit!

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:15:51 PM »
Great pick-up....the youtube video on this kid was impressive as he looks like a long 2 or 3 (possibly 4) who could nail the three, finish drives down the lane with dunks and also block shots, pass and make free throws.....reminded me a little of Latino Louisville player (Sergio?) who played for Louisville and made it to the NBA accept has more meat on him.  Yet another top 100 talent who can dribble, shoot and pass....Buzz is the man!

If he is half the college player Francisco Garcia was, we are in good shape.  Hated playing him but loved that kid's game.  Drive, shoot, handling, pass, great D, and had the size to create great mismatches.  Let's hope.  Regardless, it's a great start taking Wilson into account as well.  
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
This kid looks like an amazing passer on youtube.  He should be a great addition to what we have.  Jones, Wilson, Williams, Crowder, and Blue are all going to have to bust their tails even more to get on the floor.  Practice is going to be tougher than some games.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

I don't usually watch tapes of prospects either, but I just looked at a youtube video upon learning of his commitment. I'll grant you it was a highlight reel, but I can't imagine there are many 6'6'' guys with his handle or passing skills. I was VERY impressed.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 12:23:12 PM »
I don't usually watch tapes of prospects either, but I just looked at a youtube video upon learning of his commitment. I'll grant you it was a highlight reel, but I can't imagine there are many 6'6'' guys with his handle or passing skills. I was VERY impressed.

Also, I liked his ability to block shots in the open court.  Clearly he has a nose for the ball.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
Yet another in a long line of Buzz' "switchables!" In addition to "guard U" we are now the destination for 6'6"-6'7" hybrids. We've gotten them every single year under Buzz, while maintaining an elite level of guard play. This is an excellent development! Welcome to MU, Juan!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 12:25:04 PM »
Must work on his outside shot.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
Couple words on this kid:

Stud
GREAT handle and court vision
versatile

If you watch his highlight video compared to the Ulthoff kid UW signed (who is similarily regarded/rated), it is amazing the difference in skill level.  Amazing.  I think this kid is going to be really, really good.  Very glad MU landed him among all of the different guys they have been targeting.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »
Wow this kid's passing, and handling skills are great. He looks athletic and he has height. Good get for Buzz

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »
More video of him : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlAnW7f-0U

This kid has tremendous upside. He's one of those long,rangy athletes that has great skill. I remember these are the guys that always gave us real matchup problems through the years. He's like a Wesley Johnson type body or Chris Douglas-Roberts.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »
Yet another in a long line of Buzz' "switchables!" In addition to "guard U" we are now the destination for 6'6"-6'7" hybrids. We've gotten them every single year under Buzz, while maintaining an elite level of guard play. This is an excellent development! Welcome to MU, Juan!

Isn't the "switchable" concept similar to the Illinois "Flyin' Illini" teams under Henson which were basically a bunch of athletic hybrids?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »
Can't believe it took till October to get a recruit!
glass ever half full for you?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
Couple words on this kid:

Stud
GREAT handle and court vision
versatile

If you watch his highlight video compared to the Ulthoff kid UW signed (who is similarily regarded/rated), it is amazing the difference in skill level.  Amazing.  I think this kid is going to be really, really good.  Very glad MU landed him among all of the different guys they have been targeting.

But wait, he's only 3 stars.      ;)   I'm teasing, but the irony.  Canadian Dimes must be in the fetal position after all his 3 star rants.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »
glass ever half full for you?

Sarcasm minus the teal ;-)

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »

Francisco Garcia is who you're thinking of.  I agree on that front (other similarities could be seen in Devin Harris, Anthony Parker, etc).

I LOVE his game, and see him climbing up the recruiting rankings.  Perfect player for Buzz's system.  Gonna be a great one to watch develop at MU.

Congrats to Buzz and staff!

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
After watching anderson on Youtube it looks like hes gonna be a solid wing player for us.. great signing hopefully there are more recruits to come soon

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 01:21:23 PM »
Nice try at derailing a positive thread, Chicos, but he's a Rivals 4 star and top 100 RSCI. So there's really no irony at all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:24:24 PM by Ready2Fly »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 03:12:52 PM »
Nice try at derailing a positive thread, Chicos, but he's a Rivals 4 star and top 100 RSCI. So there's really no irony at all.

Yes, but Canadian Dimes would do his level headed best to find the lowest ranking he could on any previous recruits to push his agenda...so yes, the irony is there.  On Scout, he's a 3 star.

I never quite understood it.  Who cares if the kid is a 3 star vs a 4 star.  Half these prognostications aren't worth a warm cup of spit to begin with.  Trust the coaches and who they sign I say.

Glad he's a California.  Considering where he grew up, he's probably a tough kid.  A Cracked Sidewalks type of kid.

feedback