[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: No commitments yet? NONE?  (Read 10155 times)

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
No commitments yet? NONE?
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »
It is hard to believe and explain that Marquette has not yet received a single commitment. Not one.

Marquette’s is a terrific basketball program with a long and special history. It is odd and disconcerting that Marquette’s list of commitments numbers zero.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: No commitments yet? NONE?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
It is hard to believe and explain that Marquette has not yet received a single commitment. Not one.

Marquette’s is a terrific basketball program with a long and special history. It is odd and disconcerting that Marquette’s list of commitments numbers zero.

Stop trying to sabotage the program

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »
We're still in on a lot of good guys.  When they start to verbal, the verbals wl be flying like crazy.  We have to wait and see.  I'm not too concerned about it.  I think last year we had one at this time.....

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Seriously, why no commitments?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »
It is jarring that Marquette has received no commitments. A fine university with a solid coach and top facilities should be grabbing more attention.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:03:44 PM »
I'll start worrying if we make it through the Fall Signing period without a signing. Until then I'm just anxious to get a recruit, but not worried.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
Part of me wants to scream this as well, but at the same time, look at the talent we have. Guys like Williams, Blue, Cadougan, Jones, all top 100 prospects that are no more than sophomores. And I'm excited to see what DJO, Crowder, Smith, Gardner, and Otule can do in the next 2-4 years.

Bottom line, I'd love commitments now, but we are in on a lot of guys that are getting a lot of attention. Quincy Miller, Mike Shaw, Nick Faust, Rodney Hood, Juan Anderson, DaMarcus Harrison, all top 100 prospects. We could end up with one or two of those guys. We could even get three. I'd love to see a guy commit now, but I'm at least willing to give Buzz the benefit of the doubt through Marquette Madness, and let's see if he can't get a commit then, and maybe a NLI or two signed in the early period. He hasn't had a bad recruiting class yet, I'm fine with giving him time to put a quality class together.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Seriously, why no commitments?
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 06:08:17 PM »
It is jarring that Marquette has received no commitments. A fine university with a solid coach and top facilities should be grabbing more attention.

Not when you're on the amount of talented players Buzz is on. They've been selective, to the point where they may have not taken a commitment from a player or two.

I'm not worried.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 06:21:48 PM »
I'm sticking to what I said a few weeks back.  We have a very good track record after Madness; if a week goes by without a pretty good verbal I'd be concerned.  Patience for now.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 06:30:20 PM »
I don't think Vander committed until just after Madness.  I also think that Reggie Smith verballed during the fall signing period.

It's September.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »
Please, stop the sabotaging

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
last year we had 1 of our 5 recruits at this time...many many programs have one or no commits...what is so disconcerting about it...what do you know about it anyway MU Aveneue?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
We're still in on a lot of good guys.  When they start to verbal, the verbals wl be flying like crazy.  We have to wait and see.  I'm not too concerned about it.  I think last year we had one at this time.....

Yup, what he said.

The music's still playing.
The chairs are still empty.

But the excitement happens when the music stops and recruits are running to claim their seat...which should be sooner than later.
SS Marquette

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »
Stop trying to sabotage the program

MU Avenue is either being tongue in cheek (my guess) or betraying his ignorance as to the level of our current staff's recruiting ability. Either way, it doesn't suggest any inside knowledge of impropriety on the part of MU's basketball program.

Comedy tip (no charge): Writing lame and unfunny things in oversized teal only makes them more lame and unfunny.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »
WTF? Everyone just take a chill pill and relax. The way you cats are acting, you'd think Crean was still in charge of the program.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 06:53:47 PM »
MU Avenue is either being tongue in cheek (my guess) or betraying his ignorance as to the level of our current staff's recruiting ability. Either way, it doesn't suggest any inside knowledge of impropriety on the part of MU's basketball program.

Comedy tip (no charge): Writing lame and unfunny things in oversized teal only makes them more lame and unfunny.

The sad thing is you truly meant what you said about me the other day with your sabotage comments.  Maybe the most asinine comments ever made on this board and they belong to you.  Congratulations.

MU Ted

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »
get a room, you two.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 06:58:26 PM »
Please, stop the sabotaging

We get it...now stfu.

At this point last year, we had one commitment...Jamail.

Vander commited in October...Smith after that....Gardner in spring.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 07:05:18 PM »
WTF? Everyone just take a chill pill and relax. The way you cats are acting, you'd think Crean was still in charge of the program.

He was too busy attending a college football game while Buzz is working.

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Lennys Tap, huhhhhh?
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 08:09:54 PM »

Lennys Tap, I am “being tongue in cheek?”

I am “betraying (my) ignorance as to the level of our current staff’s recruiting ability?”

I am somehow suggesting “any inside knowledge of impropriety on the part of MU’s basketball program?”

I have no idea what any of this means. Your comments are incomprehensible.

Are you new to English?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
The sad thing is you truly meant what you said about me the other day with your sabotage comments.  Maybe the most asinine comments ever made on this board and they belong to you.  Congratulations.

You come on here and say your anonymous "inside" sources have given you information about the way Marquette does its business. This information is damning enough to make you squirm. I guess you're entitled to the opinion that these insinuations aren't damaging to the program. I guess you're even further entitled to the opinion that suggesting differently represents the most asinine comments ever made on this board. I couldn't disagree with you more.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 08:18:57 PM »

As I stated before, you sure have a strange way of being a fan.