Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU drawing strong interest from Tony Kimbro, Jr.  (Read 15191 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: MU drawing strong interest from Tony Kimbro, Jr.
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
Or spell too well.
Never said I could spell :D
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 01:24:38 PM »
+1
Looking back, were is the spelling mistake?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 01:27:37 PM »
took the words rite out of my mouth...LOL
Were is the mistake, smart guy?
-Bill Walton

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »
Were is the mistake, smart guy?
are you serious?  Twice with the "were" when you mean "where"?  Please tell me you were joking. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
are you serious?  Twice with the "were" when you mean "where"?  Please tell me you were joking.  
Unless you are talking about something in the past, the comment I made on this topic was "Don't worry Mark, some on here don't read to well."

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:38:34 PM by mupanther »
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »
are you serious?  Twice with the "were" when you mean "where"?  Please tell me you were joking.  
Plus, with your example that could be a simple case of not typing the letter H on the keyboard.

F it, let's move on.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:04:04 PM by mupanther »
-Bill Walton

GOO

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:11 PM »
For those who think we are loaded up at the 2/3 going forward because of "Wilson/Jones/Blue."  Please remember that they have not even played for MU yet and we are worried about a "log jam."  Please, I wouldn't worry about a log jam, unless all 3 of these guys are really, really good.  Blue has a long way to go on offensive and has to develop an outside shot.   Wilson needs some added intensity and needs to play hard on every play. Jones has a ways to go.  
All have to be consistent, practice hard, and learn a lot.  All will have to fit into the team concept.  Last year EWill was going to be this great talent coming into the year as was Maymon.
A lot can happen.  I wouldn't worry about any log jams unless we have proven players - non of the above are proven players.  Wilson didn't show me a lot at Oregon and has to be a lot more intense to make it under Buzz.  
Will anyone transfer?  Get hurt?  Not live up to expectations?  If we get a Faust type of player or even a Hood type.  They will get playing time, and someone like Blue (unless he develops quickly) or Jones, could very well loose playing time to an incoming freshman.  Or, the Faust/Hood type of player may not live up to expectations.  I've been told that Faust is a lot better than Blue at least on Offense rights now.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »
Unless you are talking about something in the past, the commit comment I made on this topic was "Don't worry Mark, some on here don't read to well."

Fixed.

I'm just dog-piling for fun.  I don't particularly care how you spell as long as it's easy to figure out. :)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »
Fixed.

I'm just dog-piling for fun.  I don't particularly care how you spell as long as it's easy to figure out. :)
Thanks, I just type to fast at work. Boss is around alot.

I just don't like when somebody attacks someone, when they don't even read what that person wrote. Seems a bit odd!
-Bill Walton

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
For those who think we are loaded up at the 2/3 going forward because of "Wilson/Jones/Blue."  Please remember that they have not even played for MU yet and we are worried about a "log jam."  Please, I wouldn't worry about a log jam, unless all 3 of these guys are really, really good.  Blue has a long way to go on offensive and has to develop an outside shot.   Wilson needs some added intensity and needs to play hard on every play. Jones has a ways to go.  
All have to be consistent, practice hard, and learn a lot.  All will have to fit into the team concept.  Last year EWill was going to be this great talent coming into the year as was Maymon.
A lot can happen.  I wouldn't worry about any log jams unless we have proven players - non of the above are proven players.  Wilson didn't show me a lot at Oregon and has to be a lot more intense to make it under Buzz.  
Will anyone transfer?  Get hurt?  Not live up to expectations?  If we get a Faust type of player or even a Hood type.  They will get playing time, and someone like Blue (unless he develops quickly) or Jones, could very well loose playing time to an incoming freshman.  Or, the Faust/Hood type of player may not live up to expectations.  I've been told that Faust is a lot better than Blue at least on Offense rights now.

Both Wilson and Vander think they are point guards. Wilson was the best passer at the pro am. Wilson rather stay outside and pass the ball than bang inside. Jones wants to play outside too and shoot the three. I would say we are not as strong at the three as you guys think.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 03:29:45 PM »
Wow, people sure like read whatever they want into peoples' words. I can't see at all how you took that to be what I was saying.

Did I say, in any fashion whatsoever, that it is a bad thing to get a guy who is good enough to play right away? Absolutely not. In fact, I said the exact opposite, that I would still prefer guys like Faust, Anderson, and Harrison over Kimbro.

I said hes a good fit because, over the next 2 years, we are loaded at the 2 with DJO, Vander, and Jamail. Now would be the perfect time to take a bit of a project with high upside at a wing position, as our team will still be more than set at 2/3 with or without him. I clearly stated, multiple times, that Faust/Harrison should be higher priorities. Kimbro would be, imo, a great backup if they fall through. Get it now?

Unbelievable...

Your word choice is poor as evidenced by the beginning of the thread. Don't get in a tiff with others when your composition is loose enough to open up questions.

The main point, as someone else pointed out, is that claiming certain spots are loaded with players who've never played college ball before is cart before horse time. That's why your comment that MU doesn't necessarily need Faust because he's talented enough to play straight away struck me as weird.

Getting prospects who can play right away is never a bad thing no matter how stocked, whether in reality or in fantasy, the position may seem.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »
Your word choice is poor as evidenced by the beginning of the thread. Don't get in a tiff with others when your composition is loose enough to open up questions. 

The main point, as someone else pointed out, is that claiming certain spots are loaded with players who've never played college ball before is cart before horse time. That's why your comment that MU doesn't necessarily need Faust because he's talented enough to play straight away struck me as weird.

Getting prospects who can play right away is never a bad thing no matter how stocked, whether in reality or in fantasy, the position may seem.

No, the main point is not that "certain spots are loaded...cart before horse" as you say. That was not the point you had issue with in your first post addressed at me, which I responded to. We were talking about how you accused me of saying that it is a bad thing to get recruits who are ready to step right in and contribute as freshmen. That is literally the only point you made in your first post, so how you can claim now that you were saying our current players are unproven is beyond me. You made absolutely no reference to that at all.

"When did it become a bad thing to find a recruit who could play right away?"
If you were trying to say MU's current wings are unproven in this post, then you need to tighten up your word choice and composition.

As I stated before, I never said anything about that being a negative, just that a 2guard who is ready to play from day 1 is not a necessity, and now would be a good time to take a project like Kimbro. I would love to land Faust, more than Kimbro. I agree that more talent is always better, but thats not what you originally said.

Way to completely abandon what you were originally saying, then piggy-back on someone else's points hoping to make your original post seem less ridiculous.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 04:46:16 PM »
Unless you are talking about something in the past, the comment I made on this topic was "Don't worry Mark, some on here don't read to well."

Just because no one's actually addressed it, and because I get anal about this stuff as an English minor, the mistake you made wasn't so much a spelling one as picking the wrong word. You wrote (multiple times now) "to" when you meant to say "too". Not a big difference in Internet speak (Canadian Dimes is the poster child for this) but if you're going to actually ask where your grammatical error was, that's it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
8-)About three years Tony Kimbro Jr. was rated as a top -of -the -line FR from Loseyville.
Don't know what happened, but he also had academic problems. Still want NICK FAUST and MIKE SHAW.

+2
SS Marquette

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 07:05:42 PM »
No, the main point is not that "certain spots are loaded...cart before horse" as you say. That was not the point you had issue with in your first post addressed at me, which I responded to. We were talking about how you accused me of saying that it is a bad thing to get recruits who are ready to step right in and contribute as freshmen. That is literally the only point you made in your first post, so how you can claim now that you were saying our current players are unproven is beyond me. You made absolutely no reference to that at all.
If you were trying to say MU's current wings are unproven in this post, then you need to tighten up your word choice and composition.

As I stated before, I never said anything about that being a negative, just that a 2guard who is ready to play from day 1 is not a necessity, and now would be a good time to take a project like Kimbro. I would love to land Faust, more than Kimbro. I agree that more talent is always better, but thats not what you originally said.

Way to completely abandon what you were originally saying, then piggy-back on someone else's points hoping to make your original post seem less ridiculous.

Yikes. Sensitive.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »

This bothers me more than 95% of grammar and spelling mistakes, because its simply more demanding for my eyes to follow - Break Up Your Paragraphs!......I basically skip posts that are too long and don't space out anything.

No offense GOO (yours isnt the worst example of this at all, just the easiest one I found), and I think this might be a thing happening more and more as people increasingly get smartphones.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »
Just because no one's actually addressed it, and because I get anal about this stuff as an English minor, the mistake you made wasn't so much a spelling one as picking the wrong word. You wrote (multiple times now) "to" when you meant to say "too". Not a big difference in Internet speak (Canadian Dimes is the poster child for this) but if you're going to actually ask where your grammatical error was, that's it.

Exactly.

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33:29 AM »
oh boy
-Bill Walton

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
I think it is funny and nit picky that you guys get into this. I am not an English expert by any means, but as long as we are going to be nit picky is one's proper English. Appears to be a contraction for one has. I was taught 50 years ago that contractions were bad grammer and I am not sure this is even a correct contraction. ;D

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
I think it is funny and nit picky that you guys get into this. I am not an English expert by any means, but as long as we are going to be nit picky is one's proper English. Appears to be a contraction for one has. I was taught 50 years ago that contractions were bad grammer and I am not sure this is even a correct contraction. ;D

canadiens dont spell too good.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 09:12:58 AM »

It comes down to the fact that we only have 1 true point guard (maybe 2 if you include Smith) and 2 true post players (the 4/5 positions) on next year's team.  Cadougan fits the 1 spot, and O'Tule and Gardner fit the 4/5 spots.  Crowder will play some 4 but he's 6'6" and can (maybe even should, like Lazar) play the 2/3 spots.  Jones, Wilson, and Williams are all 6'6"/6'7" but MUCH more suited for the wing than the post.

So it comes down to the fact that next year we have 2 true big men who can play the 4/5 and both of them are very unproven and don't have the high ratings, expectations, etc. that the players in the 2/3 positions do.  The talent level at the 2/3 spots is MUCH higher than at the 4/5 spots, it will just need to pan out, which I'm confident it will.  Buzz has said he wants a true point guard in every class, and with only (arguably) 2, you can bet that one scholarship will go to a point guard.  Do we need another 2/3 player while we already have 7 players (including Smith and Crowder, excluding Singleton who could even play there) at that position?  Sure most of them are unproven, but our bigs are even less proven.  At least we have the bodies at the 2/3 positions, unlike the 4/5 positions.

Also to whoever said the 3 position may not be as crowded as we think because Wilson and Jones don't like to play back to the basket, bang it down low basketball, the 3 position is a wing, definitely not a big.  The 1 is a point guard, the 2/3 are wings, and the 4/5 are low block guys.  So they will definitely be playing the 3 and not banging down low.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
Is it common knowledge that UL isn't recruiting this dude?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TJ

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:31 AM »
Looks like the transition from "recruits" to "freshmen" is upon us.  It's an exciting time of year.