collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New 'Spanish Odonnells' Video  (Read 29613 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: New 'Spanish Odonnells' Video
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 07:56:51 PM »

#2.  I am pretty sure the original song was released in the past 6 months.

That would explain why my 12 year old started singing along with it when I played it.  That freaked me out.

Her only comment was, "they are singing it all wrong".

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »
Love the video. Somebody should tell Joe not to include clips where we're getting smoked by Villanova with the score clearly showing.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
I think these videos are great.

Look up "garbage man" and "checkmate" on youtube....

they are obviously trying to be funny. Its a weird al yankovic kind of thing. And they are good at it. Also helps if you have a knowledge of the original songs they are parodying... which I'm sure some of the older crowd doesn't.

But either way, lighten the frack up...

MUwarriors4life

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
That would explain why my 12 year old started singing along with it when I played it.  That freaked me out.

Her only comment was, "they are singing it all wrong".

I would be most concerned that your 12 year old knows the the real version by DJ Khaled. Maybe you should check out the lyrics

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 08:25:05 PM »
I would be most concerned that your 12 year old knows the the real version by DJ Khaled. Maybe you should check out the lyrics

Funny you should say that, because as I was typing that, I had the same revelation.  I come to find out my brother-in-law (an elementary school principal, no less) had it on the radio when my daughters were riding with my sister's family.  Maybe it's a good thing they live 800 miles away.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

+1,000,000 Hilarious (and so true)

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »
Its totally tongue in cheek.  Do you seriously think these dudes take themselves seriously with the hilarious dancing and the header alley-oops?  They are having fun, the team clearly likes them, and its amusing.  Give them a break.

Then they fail at making a good joke. There is a big difference between this and The Lonely Island from SNL.... no one else is in on the joke except for them.

And why are their videos always in Hangin at the Al? I know this one has a basketball reference, but all the other ones should have been in the Superbar.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 08:39:57 PM »
I think these videos are great.

Look up "garbage man" and "checkmate" on youtube....

they are obviously trying to be funny. Its a weird al yankovic kind of thing. And they are good at it. Also helps if you have a knowledge of the original songs they are parodying... which I'm sure some of the older crowd doesn't.

But either way, lighten the frack up...

Emphasis on "trying."
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »
I met the one in the Jordan shirt at a party this weekend. Granted, it was a small sample size, but he was quite the dbag
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »
This video is best viewed when on MUTE.
SS Marquette

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »
Nothing against them or their videos. They are just having fun. I just hate when MU pushes stuff like this and use them in marketing. They are something that the university should be overly proud in, just kids having fun.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

Imagine if this was a Notre Dame/UW/Cincy/Lousiville video.  We'd be laughing AT them, not with them.

Would you prefer the Spanish O'Donnells video, or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mE9Au3CwM

Cause that was produced and funded by the university and is completely not a joke.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
Some of you people need to lighten up. You sound like a bunch of jealous, bitter, old men. These are just college kids having some harmless fun. I'm sure all of us did things in college that we thought were cool but made us look like d-bags. We just didn't go to college at a time where broadcasting your d-baggery on the internet was an option.

How's that for a back-handed defense of these d-bags?  ;)

IheartBuzz

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
add me to the list of those not impressed. I really don't see anything they did that is that creative or impressive, this is not coming from someone who is older who doesn't know the song, or doesn't remember what it was like to be young and in college... I am 23, I know that song, and I havent been out of college that long, and I still think its lame. It would be more impressive if it didn't sound like garbage.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »
I never cease to be embarrassed by these guys. I'd kick my own ass, or expect it to happen.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »
Count me in as a fan.  36 years old..and always happy to see college kids having fun, being creative, learning something in the process, seeing the gap between student and athlete bridged.  Lots of D-1 athletes in football or basketball carry themselves with an attitude, and take themselves too seriously.  Seeing our players interact and have fun with the common student is great.  Let's keep in mind these are 18-22 year old kids still...

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.  If other programs/fans want to judge/hate, who cares.  WE ARE...MARquette!  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

chapman

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »
Would you prefer the Spanish O'Donnells video, or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mE9Au3CwM

Cause that was produced and funded by the university and is completely not a joke.

That was actually really cool.  Whoever is planning the next lame YouTube video and stamping the Marquette name on it should watch and take notes first.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 10:22:31 PM »
That was actually really cool.  Whoever is planning the next lame YouTube video and stamping the Marquette name on it should watch and take notes first.

Really cool? I couldnt disagree with you more. But this might be the worst of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXBM7XxZ5DI

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 11:22:15 PM »
This is beyond embarrassing.  This makes me consider withholding my annual donation to Marquette until this "group" agrees to stop making videos about marquette.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »
Wow, you would've thought they pissed on Al's grave or something. Jesus Christ guys...

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 11:54:50 PM »
Wow, you would've thought they pissed on Al's grave or something. Jesus Christ guys...
I don't care that they do it.  They are perfectly entitled to make any song that they want.  I do care that they are affiliated with the university, and are an extension of it, as well as a public face of the university.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:39 AM »
I don't care that they do it.  They are perfectly entitled to make any song that they want.  I do care that they are affiliated with the university, and are an extension of it, as well as a public face of the university.

Public face?

C'mon dude. It's a youtube video. It's not like they built them a statue. It's not like they are holding press conferences.

It's a youtube video performed and produced by MU students. Not a big deal.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:21 AM »

Seriously, are you kidding?  The fact that that was shot and produced under the direction of a faculty member really makes me wonder what exactly ND is thinking making that video public.

The SOD's video at least has some energy to it.  As a parent of kids that age, I can at least appreciate the creativity.

This is beyond embarrassing.  This makes me consider withholding my annual donation to Marquette until this "group" agrees to stop making videos about marquette.

Oh. Come. On.  Of all the reasons people withold donations for this has got to be the lamest...reason...ever...  I mean, they aren't even part of the university.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
I did some research and found a few little known facts about the Spanish O'Donnells...

- They're solely responsible for the BP oil leak.
- They brainwashed Jerel McNeal into taking bad shots in crunch time.
- They tore Ryan Grant's ankle tendon.
- They're hiding Bin Laden in their dorm room.
- They wouldn't let Ryan Amoroso join their boy band, which is why he transferred.
- They love and respect Tom Crean.
- They caused the North Avenue sinkhole.
- They convinced Fr. Wild that it would be a good PR move to offer a dean position to a lesbian and then revoke it.
- They pushed Lazar Hayward over the endline at the end of the Mizzou game.
- They shot JFK.
- They have man-crushes on Luke Harangody.
- They like the BCS.
- They're responsible for the bedbug epidemic.
- Income tax? Their idea.
- They're the reason Marquette doesn't have a football team.
- They find Bo Ryan endearing.
- They're harmless college kids having fun.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 09:52:09 AM »

I generally agree with most of your points..but have to disagree here.  Can you clarify what you find so embarrassing about the video - a video that is made by kids, that shows great interaction between our bball players and students?  So often this type of dynamic does not exist at high-major basketball/football schools..where the students and athlets interact and collaborate.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course..but just want to better understand your point of view on the matter?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013