Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaw Recruiting  (Read 9789 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Shaw Recruiting
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »
Amusing. Your lack of knowledge about anything BE is on display once again. Mike Hopkins is their current Associate Head Coach; he's had that title for at least 4 years. He has been named the successor and he has brought in virtually every single big name recruit for Boeheim over the past 5-6 years. Former player under Boeheim and likely another 'lifer' head coach for that school. Considering he's the lead recruiter and manages the practices, one could argue that they could be better just as easily as one could argue they will be worse with him as coach.

Yup, Cuse has done this transition correctly...UConn s#@t the bed as most schools replacing a legend do. 

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 10:39:54 AM »
Amusing. Your lack of knowledge about anything BE is on display once again. Mike Hopkins is their current Associate Head Coach; he's had that title for at least 4 years. He has been named the successor and he has brought in virtually every single big name recruit for Boeheim over the past 5-6 years. Former player under Boeheim and likely another 'lifer' head coach for that school. Considering he's the lead recruiter and manages the practices, one could argue that they could be better just as easily as one could argue they will be worse with him as coach.

I was fully aware..thanks to you and your many Syracuse posts..what the succession plan is at SU.  The point is, not all succession plans work out.  We'll see how it plays out.  Assuming Lavin gets it going at St. Johns...and from a 2011-2012 perspective - it appears Lavin is in on alot of top talent - the recruiting landscape in New York could change.

I will look forward to busting your balls when Marquette beats Syracuse this year, and next.  Of all the fans in the Big East - it has become quite evident the biggest douchebags of the bunch are Syracuse and West Virginia. 

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
Assuming Lavin gets it going at St. Johns...and from a 2011-2012 perspective - it appears Lavin is in on alot of top talent - the recruiting landscape in New York could change.

I cant name a single impactful recruit from NYC that attended Syracuse in the last 5 or so years (not sure about their deep bench players). Rautins and triche are from syracuse.
From a 2011-12 perspective, according to scout, cuse has 3 players comitted already and are done with that class. Not sure where sju comes into play. In 2012, Amile Jefferson and Dejuan Colemen will both end up at cuse. not sure where sju comes into play in that year either. Stick to discussing things you might know a thing or two about.   

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »

I cant name a single impactful recruit from NYC that attended Syracuse in the last 5 or so years (not sure about their deep bench players). Rautins and triche are from syracuse.
From a 2011-12 perspective, according to scout, cuse has 3 players comitted already and are done with that class. Not sure where sju comes into play. In 2012, Amile Jefferson and Dejuan Colemen will both end up at cuse. not sure where sju comes into play in that year either. Stick to discussing things you might know a thing or two about.   

I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same - considering this is a Marquette fan site - you should take your knowledge of all things Syracuse back to the Syracuse board.  Clearly you know more about Syracuse than any Marquette fan would know.  At least it becomes more and more clear with each of your posts that you are finally coming out of closet..and are simply a die-hard Syracuse fan.  Cuse is a good program for sure..but that doesn't change the fact that the landscape of the Cuse program will change as Boheim retires and Lavin gets SJU ramped up and respectable again. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
Marquette has had good bigs for 60 years.  And will again.  Buzz is doing a great job recruiting highly talented athletes.  Marquette will be a great team to watch.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »
I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same - considering this is a Marquette fan site - you should take your knowledge of all things Syracuse back to the Syracuse board.  Clearly you know more about Syracuse than any Marquette fan would know.  At least it becomes more and more clear with each of your posts that you are finally coming out of closet..and are simply a die-hard Syracuse fan.  Cuse is a good program for sure..but that doesn't change the fact that the landscape of the Cuse program will change as Boheim retires and Lavin gets SJU ramped up and respectable again. 

I'm not sure what you're so riled up about. You know, sometimes people can attend more than one school in their life. I'm sure a lot of people on this board have other teams that they follow fairly closely. For example, I know a lot of the same things about Michigan State that goodgreatgrand knows about Syracuse.  What he knows is just more relevant to MU because Syracuse is a fellow Big East school. I actually appreciate his insight, without him, I wouldn't know much about Syracuse at all.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 06:24:47 PM »
I'm not sure what you're so riled up about. You know, sometimes people can attend more than one school in their life. I'm sure a lot of people on this board have other teams that they follow fairly closely. For example, I know a lot of the same things about Michigan State that goodgreatgrand knows about Syracuse.  What he knows is just more relevant to MU because Syracuse is a fellow Big East school. I actually appreciate his insight, without him, I wouldn't know much about Syracuse at all.

goodgreatgrand simply poses as an MU fan.  I have a lot more respect for those who come on the MU board as clear fans of another program - we have visitors here from L'ville and they don't masquarade as MU fans.  You, yourself proudly parade your love of for the Spartan's in your name.  goodgreatgrand talks about "us," or "we," with regard to MU- yet 90% of his posts pertain to Syracuse's "greatness," and in any comparison in the past between MU and Syracuse - goodgreatgrand always proclaims Syracuse superior.

He's a lot like a former poster on the Journal Sentinel blog by the name of Abe Froman...if that gives you any indication of his M.O.?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 08:16:51 PM »
ggg is a cuse fan.   Abe is an orifice.   ggg is not nearly the racist hemmorhoid that sets records for banishment under a myriad of names.   The mods have shown they will run guys who post inappropriately.   So far, ggg has been critical, but has not been remotely inappropriate.   He is not even as bad as the cuse fan who posts on jsonline.    It would be funny if he were the same guy, but so far here, he hasn't been nearly as incendiary as the other guy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
goodgreatgrand simply poses as an MU fan.  I have a lot more respect for those who come on the MU board as clear fans of another program - we have visitors here from L'ville and they don't masquarade as MU fans.  You, yourself proudly parade your love of for the Spartan's in your name.  goodgreatgrand talks about "us," or "we," with regard to MU- yet 90% of his posts pertain to Syracuse's "greatness," and in any comparison in the past between MU and Syracuse - goodgreatgrand always proclaims Syracuse superior.

He's a lot like a former poster on the Journal Sentinel blog by the name of Abe Froman...if that gives you any indication of his M.O.?

I guess I understand where you are coming from.

Also, just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, I'm a Marquette fan first and foremost. I've been an Mich St. fan longer, and I've had this "screen name" since I was about 12, but I will ALWAYS put Marquette before Mich. St. In fact, I was at the Marquette vs Mich. St. NCAA tournament game, decked out in gold, supporting the Warriors.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
Didn't know anyone still reads the Journal Urinal.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

marquette99

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 07:28:11 AM »
Marqevans - you are right on the early 70s, but whitehead was in the same league and ellis had the best mu career of all if you count tall power forwards as well as centers

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 09:13:10 AM »
Marqevans - you are right on the early 70s, but whitehead was in the same league and ellis had the best mu career of all if you count tall power forwards as well as centers

Ellis would have been playing center on the last several MU teams. That is why it is hard to recruit someone who wants to play power forward at MU. The lack of center talent means they will be asked to play out of position.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 10:29:32 AM »
When Mu has gone deep in the tourney, we have always had talent at center and PF.  Shaw fills a great need for MU.