[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Terrell Schlundt  (Read 13872 times)

PJDunn

• All American
Re: Terrell Schlundt
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »
PJ is correct, in a way. I think it was more what Doc did to Marotta than the other way around. Vic Lazeretti went on to a great post MU career. It just wasn't on the hard wood.
Laz was a great guy.  Loved his first career on the beach.

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
Laz was a great guy.  Loved his first career on the beach.

Laz was a hoot. He and Trotter won a state championship at Creighton before they came to MU. Vic could do shots through his nostril (and what a pair of nostrils he sported!). Talent like that doesn't just happen; it is genetic. He later went to Harvard. I wonder if he demonstrated this skill in the pubs along the Charles? 

augoman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:24 AM »
yeah-doc stole marotta's woman.  doc and marotta were best friends up until that i believe.  i saw some of that kind of happening at this little shot and a beer joint-toma's on about 20th and wells at that time.  one of the owners-angie was semi-related to my wifes aunts, so wherever that falls, 2nd cousins 8 times removed or whatever.  but she would keep us up to date.  i knew it wasn't going to be pretty. 

well, Rivers and Marotta were roomies, but I don't know 'best friends'.  When Marotta spent the summer in DC interning, Rivers spent the summer in ..... and that was a poorly kept secret.  However, I again assert that he left early because he knew he'd have a weak supporting cast w/o a center.  And Dean Marquardt was great- would love to have him now, but on the bench w an injury was the way Rivers saw him.  Also, spent a night w/ Vic Laz right after he finished law school.  After copious amounts of alcohol the Rick Majerus stories came out.  If anyone thinks Buzz screwed Newbill, ask Terry Reason or Vic Lazzeretti about Majerus.  Now THAT was a screwing!

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
After copious amounts of alcohol the Rick Majerus stories came out.  If anyone thinks Buzz screwed Newbill, ask Terry Reason or Vic Lazzeretti about Majerus.  Now THAT was a screwing!

Terry Reason could shoot but his inability to go left made him a tragic liability. He was in the top 5 of all-time California prep scorers but it was Fresno. Rick let Terry have it because Terry deserved it. He didn't belong at MU.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:48 PM »
Unfortunately Terry already was at MU.  Belong or not, he had worked and practiced and played at MU on scholarship. (not to mention giving up years of eligibility)  After his commitment he was surprisingly and unceremoniously dumped (as was Vic).  Now tell me who the superstars were that replaced them..., aha, that's what I thought.

feedback