[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade in IU shorts....again  (Read 19031 times)

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
Re: Wade in IU shorts....again
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 09:18:05 PM »
Well, my girlfriend's a Brewers fan. Sort of like Wade's buddy coaching at Indiana. But that doesn't make me a Brewer fan, nor does it make Wade a IU alum. And the further people get from college, the less their college careers and accolades are discussed. For that reason, it'd be nice of him to wear MU stuff as a reminder to future generations who may not be familiar with his college career that he went here. If your average 10-year-old future phenom sees his hero D-Wade in IU gear today, he may think in 7 years when he's committing "I wanna go to IU, that's D-Wade's school" if he doesn't bother to do any more research (and how many modern kids bother with research?) into Wade's college career.

I like the idea about buying MU gear to send to him. I'll happily donate money to contribute to that cause :)

You honestly think that wade being seen wearing another school's shorts is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes some phenom to choose IU over Marquette? Gimme a break. If this phenom is really a phenom, and Wade means that much to him, I guarantee he will know that Wade went to Marquette. And I guarantee the Marquette coaching staff will be damn sure that he knows Wade went to MU. This phenom probably won't live in a bubble. And kids nowadays do more "research", if you can call finding where an athlete went to college research, on worthless info like this than they ever have. The internet's a magical thing.

They're shorts, get over it.

Djames4president

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:22:24 AM »
They're not just shorts.  They are arguably the single greatest shorts in all of college basketball.  Marquette consistently ranks in the top ten of every basketball websites best college bball uniforms.  When I wear those shorts, people from all over comment on them.  I've never seen anyone comment on my friends bland crimson IU shorts.

When I see Marquette kids wearing Badger or Domer gear I call them out.  I would have called D Wade out too.   

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 02:30:35 AM »
They're not just shorts.  They are arguably the single greatest shorts in all of college basketball.  Marquette consistently ranks in the top ten of every basketball websites best college bball uniforms.  When I wear those shorts, people from all over comment on them.  I've never seen anyone comment on my friends bland crimson IU shorts.

When I see Marquette kids wearing Badger or Domer gear I call them out.  I would have called D Wade out too.   

Good for you.  What would we do if we didn't have noble protectors of MU fandom like you to keep our program safe from rogue t-shirts and shorts?

Maybe it's time to relax Big Brother.

Atlanta Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 11:53:19 AM »
It's these types of inane topics that discourage MU fans from coming to this board.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »
It's these types of inane topics that discourage MU fans from coming to this board.

It's these types of inane topics that keep the board running in the offseason.

sv48

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:55 PM »
It's these types of inane topics that keep the board running in the offseason.

+1

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 05:00:44 PM »
Wade responds to criticism via Twitter:

@dwadeofficial: 4 everyone who wants 2 know. I luv marquette & alwayz will. I also luv coach crean whr he goes ill always support him. I'm not in the nba Witout tht guy. So IU shorts I will b wearing as well..thanks for the concern.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »
Does this mean Dwyane reads scoop?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »
Those IU shorts are likely to give him crotch rot.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »

@dwadeofficial: 4 everyone who wants 2 know. I luv marquette & alwayz will. I also luv coach crean whr he goes ill always support him. I'm not in the nba Witout tht guy. So IU shorts I will b wearing as well..thanks for the concern.

Some of you guys may want to let Dwyane know that he is mistaken.  Wade made Crean successful but Crean had little to do with Wade's success.  I'm sure he would appreciate someone setting him straight.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »
Does this mean Dwyane reads scoop?

As seemingly ridiculous an idea as this is, where else would the criticism he's responding to be coming from?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »
As seemingly ridiculous an idea as this is, where else would the criticism he's responding to be coming from?

I heard Terry Sanders was so mad that now he makes D.Wade pay for his smoothies.

MU in Miami

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 10:54:51 AM »

Most of the web-coverage has been from IU related sites (originating there as well).  Based upon the pages I've viewed, I think the criticism has been from general basketball fans--no one I could strictly identify as a MU student/alumni/fan.

My opinion--I couldn't care less what the guy wears unless we were in a head-to-head game with IU.  

Let the IU folk enjoy the moment and their 16-46 record...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:18:43 AM by MU in Miami »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »

He loves Hitler Worst Coach in History Crean?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »
According to TC, Wade would have "crawled on his hands and knees through broken glass all the way to Bloomington" for the chance to play for the great Mike Davis and Indiana U. Which begs the question why can't Tom Crean at IU even recruit on an even basis with Buzz Williams at lowly MU.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
According to TC, Wade would have "crawled on his hands and knees through broken glass all the way to Bloomington" for the chance to play for the great Mike Davis and Indiana U. Which begs the question why can't Tom Crean at IU even recruit on an even basis with Buzz Williams at lowly MU.

Because we can never have enough of these threads...
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 01:59:48 PM »

Maybe he will...if memory serves, most of Crean's best recruits came a few years after he started at MU...you know, like years 3 and beyond.

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 03:56:31 PM »
Maybe he will...if memory serves, most of Crean's best recruits came a few years after he started at MU...you know, like years 3 and beyond.

Yes, but that was at Marquette. For the love of God, man, he is recruting to Indiana! It's Indiana! It's Indiana! Can't you see that? 5 Star recruits should be crawling on their bellies for the opportunity to wear the coveted Crimson and Crean! It's Indiana! It's Indiana!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 05:56:08 PM »
Yes, but that was at Marquette. For the love of God, man, he is recruting to Indiana! It's Indiana! It's Indiana! Can't you see that? 5 Star recruits should be crawling on their bellies for the opportunity to wear the coveted Crimson and Crean! It's Indiana! It's Indiana!

Not the first two years they won't, not when you're on probation.  Kids don't want that....look at the USC football guys that are leaving...probation scares kids off.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »
"Wearing something that is not relevant to either his personal past or the event at hand doesn't make much sense to me..."

When I read the quote above I was amazed by the presumptuousness of someone deciding what is "relevant" to Wade's personal past. I guess he settled this though - he obviously believes Crean (and by extension IU) is relevant to his personal past.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:41:29 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MedicineHatSpanker

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »
We have the Queen on our money and on the wall in courts and other government buildings. I still think of myself as a Canadian but I am aware of whence we came.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »

"They're shorts, they're shorts."

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2010, 07:21:28 AM »
Good Lord. Who cares what shorts he's wearing? If a-hole wasn't their coach, I might rock some IU shorts! As I've pointed out before, do we think Duke fans were up in arms when Bobby Hurley played an IU player in "Blue Chips?"

Most ridiculous topic ever.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »
One more thing...I plan on sporting a "Crean and Crimson" t-shirt for at least seven consecutive days after they can his ass. I look forward to it. I suspect they'll be readily available on eBay.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2010, 08:14:23 AM »

Most?  Crean had two waves:

1st: Merritt, ODB, Wade, Travis, Steve & Robert Jackson

2nd: Jerel, Jame, Wes, Lazar

That first wave came in his 1st few years.  IMO, he's half the worker he used to be.  He used to be the hardest working coach in America.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart