collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Inception?  (Read 11550 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Inception?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »
What was there to think about?  They explained in excruciating detail everything that was going to happen before it happened.  There were no plot twists.  I don't get how anyone couldn't follow it. And I'm a guy who wasn't with it enough to figure out Bruce Willis was already dead in The Sixth Sense.  The movie was OK (I'd give it a B-), but it was 1/2 hour too long and I found myself looking at my watch a time or two, which is a very bad sign.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:40:08 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Really guys?  One of the worst movies you have ever seen?

how many movies have you really seen then?

This was a great movie.

2SEProductions@gmail.com

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
JGL is rumored to play 'The Riddler' in the next Batman movie. That's got me excited. I thought Inception was awesome.

Ocean's Eleven + The Matrix + The Departed + Juno = Inception

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 09:11:47 PM »
JGL is rumored to play 'The Riddler' in the next Batman movie. That's got me excited. I thought Inception was awesome.

Ocean's Eleven + The Matrix + The Departed + Juno = Inception

During inception I was thinking of what a perfect robin he would make.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »
After several times I watched this, I am sure this is great work! I would truly recommend this movie to everyone to see. It is based on a true life story where the truth really is stronger than fiction..It is perfectly directed movie.

Looks like we have a spammer on our hands, gentlemen.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
Hmmm .. either that, or something else.  The IP traces to Pakistan!  Maybe Al Qaeda!

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »
saw it. thought it was phenomenal, loved the idea. Have always been fascinated by odd dreams. If Michael Caine only read his part of the movie, he'd be confused as hell.
Girlfriend complained about the ending and hated my explanation.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
saw it. thought it was phenomenal, loved the idea. Have always been fascinated by odd dreams. If Michael Caine only read his part of the movie, he'd be confused as hell.
Girlfriend complained about the ending and hated my explanation.

What was her complaint and the explanation?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »
What was her complaint and the explanation?

that it left things hanging
my explanation was "its a metaphor, because its a movie, the whole thing is a fake/created idea of reality"

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:29 PM »
Kips, i left the movie with the same exact feelings you did, I felt like it was one of the worst movies i had ever seen and I had no idea what was going on the entire time.  I was shocked to hear people telling me that they enoyed it.  I definatley want to see the movie again, and maybe the second time I will understand what happens and hopefully I will enjoy it.  

You could not be more wrong. That is not a subjective opinion, that is a fact. And if you think Avatar was even remotely close to as good as Inception, you have terrible taste.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »
You could not be more wrong. That is not a subjective opinion, that is a fact. And if you think Avatar was even remotely close to as good as Inception, you have terrible taste.

...other than that, I really like and admire you. Let's talk again sometime, okay?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »

So in one sentence you argue that the quality of a movie is an objective fact; and then in the next sentence you acknowledge that it is a function of personal taste.  You seem confused about the meaning of the words you're using.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 08:39:47 AM »
So in one sentence you argue that the quality of a movie is an objective fact; and then in the next sentence you acknowledge that it is a function of personal taste.  You seem confused about the meaning of the words you're using.

Taking me pretty literally aren't you? Of course I know that, Im just having fun being mean and ripping on people having awful taste in movies. I just get annoyed when people complain about a movie being too confusing, and then conclude it was the film's fault not their comprehension. These are same people that say things like "Avatar was one of the greatest films ever" and "V  for Vendetta really made me think."

I was just messing around, of course I know there's no such thing as an objective opinion.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
Taking me pretty [seriously] aren't you? ...Im just having fun...

Ditto.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
touche