[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: LeBron needs a 1hr ESPN special to make his decision public  (Read 9532 times)

reinko

• All American
Re: LeBron needs a 1hr ESPN special to make his decision public
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »
Heard on ESPN Radio that he has to announce within the first 18 minutes

He has to?  That sounds a bit odd.

LON

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 08:20:28 AM »
He has to?  That sounds a bit odd.

I revised my statement, I was picked up by a friend who said he had heard it just before I got in the car...

My guess, ESPN wants to run out those ratings figures for the first 18 minutes and not the whole show?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 09:07:17 AM »
He won't announce until the 56th minute to keep us all interested. I've got better things to do than waste an hour on Lebron hoopla.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 09:55:22 AM »
LEBRONNA the ULTIMATE PRIMA DONNA. MAKES FAVRE LOOK SEMI_INTELLIGENT!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 09:56:33 AM »
This moved from the first ten minutes to the first 18 minutes now.  There are so many mind games about this show.  He has been for sure going to Chicago, Cleveland, New York, and Miami at different times in the last seven days.

As much as I hate to say it, there is no way I am going to miss it now.  It's dumb of me to feed the fury by giving them one more rating, but I know I will.

I don't think James is helping himself.  Fans are going to resent this.  People are going to root against him I think.  People are going to swing to rooting for Kobe.  What a turnaround. 

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 10:18:17 AM »
This moved from the first ten minutes to the first 18 minutes now.  There are so many mind games about this show.  He has been for sure going to Chicago, Cleveland, New York, and Miami at different times in the last seven days.

As much as I hate to say it, there is no way I am going to miss it now.  It's dumb of me to feed the fury by giving them one more rating, but I know I will.

I don't think James is helping himself.  Fans are going to resent this.  People are going to root against him I think.  People are going to swing to rooting for Kobe.  What a turnaround. 

I agree.  The more I think about him probably going to Miami the more pissed I get.   Of Chicago, New York, Cleveland, and Miami, the Miami choice is the biggest cop-out.  He could have committed to his hometown team and stuck around in Cleveland, could have gambled mediocrity for being the biggest athlete in the world  by going to New York and getting a ring, or could have just demanded Bosh come with him to Chicago (Boozer, still a great consolation prize) and be the best team in the NBA for 5 years.  Going to Miami with Wade just seems lame.  They'll be really good, but it'll never really be his team.  And as everyone has argued, there is the real possibility that they never all work out together.  Which one of those 2 is willing to be Scottie Pippen?  Does anyone want to see either one become Scottie Pippen? 

As I argued before on here, I don't think LeBron cares about his legacy as much as Kobe or Jordan did.  That's fine, and if he wants to go and have the time of his life with Wade and Bosh that's fine, but its offputting to lots of fans.  Maybe it shouldn't be, but it is.   

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 10:41:40 AM »
James is alienating the NY/NJ market, the Chicago market, and the Ohio market.  That is a lot of population that will be booing him every game.  Not necessarily a good marketing move in my opinion to turn off two of the bigger markets and be considered a traitor to his hometown.  I hope the Bulls keep building and that this Russian guy builds a squad on the Nets to beat up this Heat team. 

I hate that Wade is on the team because he is my favorite player, but I dont want to see this Heat team win it ever.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 11:09:44 AM »
LeBron James is a cocksucker
http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-cocksucker

Looks like it is time to update the curse filter.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »
Looks like it is time to update the curse filter.

1/2 my time spent on Scoop is now devoted to figuring out what is and isn't censored.

Regardless, it's one of the funniest articles I've ever read and it's true: It's Cleveland. It blows. There's nothing to do in that town except masturbate and cry.

LON

• All American

feedback