'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Buzz….intriguing or just more “quirky”  (Read 9156 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: Buzz….intriguing or just more “quirky”
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2023, 03:48:51 PM »

The Chicago Tribune article backs us what people are saying...if you still chose not be believe because you weren't physically there that's of course your right but is completely laughable.

Quote from the article:

"In addition to mistakes by campus security, Marquette administrators have acknowledged that the athletic department reacted inappropriately to the initial accusation.

The school has publicly criticized an Oct. 31 meeting between coaches and athletes, shortly after the first woman made her allegations. Prosecutors said they had no evidence that coaches intentionally interfered with the investigation but said the gathering offered an opportunity for the athletes to compare stories before detectives had a chance to question them independently.

One athlete sent a text message to the woman during the meeting, asking if she had made a report to security, authorities have said. Another called her with similar questions, according to the police report.

Mike Broeker, acting athletic director, told the Tribune that coaches met with players after campus security notified the athletic department of the woman's report. Calling it a "severe error in judgment," he said the department is changing how it responds when athletes are in trouble."

Thanks for the quote from the Tribune article. I'm particularly interested in 2 of the cites:

"Prosecutors said they had no evidence that coaches intentionally interfered with the investigation.........." and

"Mike Broeker...... .coaches met with players........called it 'a severe error in judgment.........".

So let me summarize. Veteran Milwaukee County Felony prosecutors said the coaches' actions DID NOT impede their investigation. And Broeker thinks ( long after the fact, with the benefit of hindsight), that Buzz used bad judgment.

Now, how you get from that to "Buzz is a POS" and " Buzz is a scumbag douche", I don't know. If I'm ever charged with a crime, try to get yourself struck from my jury-----please.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2023, 04:07:44 PM »
Different time, different responsibilities.
strong, Sulton, very strong
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2023, 04:08:35 PM »
Thanks for the quote from the Tribune article. I'm particularly interested in 2 of the cites:

"Prosecutors said they had no evidence that coaches intentionally interfered with the investigation.........." and

"Mike Broeker...... .coaches met with players........called it 'a severe error in judgment.........".

So let me summarize. Veteran Milwaukee County Felony prosecutors said the coaches' actions DID NOT impede their investigation. And Broeker thinks ( long after the fact, with the benefit of hindsight), that Buzz used bad judgment.

Now, how you get from that to "Buzz is a POS" and " Buzz is a scumbag douche", I don't know. If I'm ever charged with a crime, try to get yourself struck from my jury-----please.

Oy.

I never claimed he interfered with a police investigation, which would be a criminal matter. I claimed he improperly interfered with Marquette's Title IX investigation, which would usually be an automatic dismissal from the University - for cause. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2023, 04:32:43 PM »

Oy.

I never claimed he interfered with a police investigation, which would be a criminal matter. I claimed he improperly interfered with Marquette's Title IX investigation, which would usually be an automatic dismissal from the University - for cause.

You and others seem quite confident about all the things Buzz DID regarding this incident. I'm merely pointing out, for those not as intelligent and discerning as you, some things he DIDN'T do.

As far as interfering with Marquette's Title IX investigation, and any automatic dismissal from the University, MU's lawyers must have advised them that that course, too, was unsustainable, because not only was he not immediately dismissed for cause------nor for any other reason--------but he was retained as the head coach, molding young men.

Marquette was capable of F-ing up ( and they did, royally) the Title IX investigation all by itself, without ant help from Brent Williams.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2023, 05:08:34 PM »
You and others seem quite confident about all the things Buzz DID regarding this incident. I'm merely pointing out, for those not as intelligent and discerning as you, some things he DIDN'T do.

As far as interfering with Marquette's Title IX investigation, and any automatic dismissal from the University, MU's lawyers must have advised them that that course, too, was unsustainable, because not only was he not immediately dismissed for cause------nor for any other reason--------but he was retained as the head coach, molding young men.

Marquette was capable of F-ing up ( and they did, royally) the Title IX investigation all by itself, without ant help from Brent Williams.

My man.  It's literally spelled out in the Chicago Tribune article for you. 

The gathering offered an opportunity for the athletes to compare stories before detectives had a chance to question them independently.

One athlete sent a text message to the woman during the meeting, asking if she had made a report to security, authorities have said. Another called her with similar questions, according to the police report.

You can claim all Brent Williams did was get his guys together and told them to lawyer up before talking to anyone.  But you're just closing your eyes when more information is publicly available for anyone to see.  You keep using this line of "I wasn't there and neither were you."  Well, people from within Marquette's own athletic department told a major news publication it happened.  We didn't need to be there.  They texted and called the victim at this meeting.  Seems this was above and beyond, "Hey guys.  I'm a father figure to you.  I need to tell you to lawyer up before you speak up, as I truly care about you."

But thanks for stopping by, Brent.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2023, 05:19:18 PM »

I don’t know what’s funnier. Your continued ignorance or your “molding young men” line.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2023, 08:01:09 PM »
maybe we should axk jimmy, wes and jae
don't...don't don't don't don't

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2023, 08:35:52 PM »
I’ll call your BS. I never met BW, so can’t comment on him good or bad…but your story here is BS.

Lol okay. I don’t know why I would make that story up. Also, Buzz would dip during TV interviews… is it really that far fetched?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2023, 09:24:38 PM »
Lol okay. I don’t know why I would make that story up. Also, Buzz would dip during TV interviews… is it really that far fetched?

And didn’t flush, either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2023, 11:39:07 PM »
Can we make this thread stop already?   Can we be like Buzz and pay somebody to flush it?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2023, 07:56:12 AM »
Can we make this thread stop already?   Can we be like Buzz and pay somebody to flush it?

No one is forcing you to look at it. And the answer to both of your questions is no. Instead of stopping "this thread", stop looking at it.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2023, 11:35:14 AM »
No idea about the Va Tech or TAMU sides, but my guess is they cared more about the end result winning than how they get there.
Previous actions by TAMU's football coach make Buzz look like a saint. Jimbo left FSU much in the way Buzz left Marquette. FSU admin using their best Willy Wonka voice "No, don't, stop".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »
maybe we should axk jimmy, wes and jae

maybe we should ask jimmy, wes and jae what they think of old white men using ebonics.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2023, 02:29:13 PM »
maybe we should ask jimmy, wes and jae what they think of old white men using ebonics.

Maybe you know who could ask… in all of her “bare-legged, high-heeled, low-necklined glory.”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2023, 02:30:42 PM »
Maybe you know who could ask… in all of her “bare-legged, high-heeled, low-necklined glory.”

I doubt she's an expert on Ebonics, either.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 02:32:33 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2023, 03:55:17 PM »

Sounds like a sexpot.