[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Latest Newbill Developments  (Read 32428 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Latest Newbill Developments
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »
You meant to put that in teal, right?   

If MU let you attend then anything is possible.  I sincerely wish you nothing good.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2010, 01:10:03 AM »
If MU let you attend then anything is possible.  I sincerely wish you nothing good.

The personal attacks are still going strong from you, congratulations.

God Bless you.  Sorry you feel that way, but that's fine.  Yes, MU let me "attend" and I chose them over UC Irvine and UC San Diego, two top 50 schools (MU is in the 70's or 80's).  Maybe I made a mistake, but I went somewhere that taught Catholic values, etc.  I'm disheartened at what we did to a kid this week.  But seeing your Catholic values rise to the top, I guess it doesn't surprise me.  Peace

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2010, 01:12:35 AM »

God Bless you.  Sorry you feel that way, but that's fine.  Yes, MU let me "attend" and I chose them over UC Irvine and UC San Diego, two top 50 schools (MU is in the 70's or 80's).  Maybe I made a mistake, but I went somewhere that taught Catholic values, etc.  I'm disheartened at what we did to a kid this week.  But seeing your Catholic values rise to the top, I guess it doesn't surprise me.  Peace

I'm disheartened at what you do to our university time and time again.  You're a disgraceful woman.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2010, 01:13:07 AM »
 I'm disheartened at what you do to our university time and time again.  You're a disgraceful woman.

I've done more good for the university than most on this board through working there, donations, etc.  I thought the university taught us to challenge things, and that includes the actions of the university itself.  If you want 24 hour yes men, you're not going to get it from me.  Goodnight Bauer.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:35:46 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »
I've done more good for the university than most on this board through working there, donations, etc.  I thought the university taught us to challenge things, and that includes the actions of the university itself.  If you want 24 hour yes men, you're not going to get it from me.  Goodnight Bauer.

Nice job on changing your post - but you missed a key component. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2010, 01:48:07 AM »
No, didn't miss a thing.  Good night, I wouldn't want you cavorting with someone you believe hates Marquette, etc, etc.  It might make you disheartened.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2010, 01:54:57 AM »
Why don't you just stop the arguments and personal attacks

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2010, 02:11:01 AM »
Someone please lock this thread and extend some early vacations!
SS Marquette

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »

At least he didn't imply that you are going to hell, as he did to me in another thread.

The criteria for getting into heaven is pretty strict if suggesting that someone may have done a poor job of communicating or potentially made an error in judgement gets you sent to hell. ?-(

MarqBB77-03

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »
That is absolutely not true. Read it again. It is only after the player is admitted. MU did not admit Newbill and therefore he is not protected by NLI. Once admitted both parties are bound by the NLI.

Which brings us back to the question of why Newbill did not submit his application?  More importantly, if he really wants to come to Marquette and he can still submit his application, why has he not done so?  Again, I do not think the University would reject his application just to please the basketball coach.
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."  Al McGuire

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2010, 06:35:42 AM »
Doesn't make sense that Newbill wouldn't have sent in his application. The guy's future is on the line-----in that case no one in his right mind would delay sending in his application----he was very excited about MU when he signed in January. How in the world could a guy get up in the morning day after day knowing his future is twisting in the wind?

After he signed he had an outstanding season, best player in Pennsylvania in Div AA (PA's second best division). A late bloomer-----those guys usually have plenty of upside.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:39 AM »

After he signed he had an outstanding season, best player in Pennsylvania in Div AA (PA's second best division). A late bloomer-----those guys usually have plenty of upside.

It's actually the 3rd division. Pennsylvania has 4 divisions, from largest to smallest: AAAA, AAA, AA, A

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2010, 08:26:50 AM »

We certainly had luck with the last late-bloomer we took a flyer on. But regardless, I think all this thread is doing is devolving into spite and anger.

At the end of the day, we are all Marquette fans. We may disagree on the handling of the Newbill situation, but it really doesn't call for any attacks on each other. Isn't that what we have Badger fans around for? Let's let the abuse come from them and not from ourselves. What happened has saddened some, and hopefully we won't have to discuss any future incidents like this because for better or worse, I'm sure Buzz knows there is some criticism from some die-hard fans.

So why not just end these arguments, close the pertinent threads, and move on? The bottom line is that the DJ situation didn't sit well with some, but arguing about it further will only serve to drive us further apart, when this site should be here to bring us closer together. No one is going to change anyone's opinion. DJ is gone, wish him the best, and welcome to the fold Jamil Wilson. I really think that should be the end of it.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »

Chico's new nickname - FIGJAM!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
At least he didn't imply that you are going to hell, as he did to me in another thread.

The criteria for getting into heaven is pretty strict if suggesting that someone may have done a poor job of communicating or potentially made an error in judgement gets you sent to hell. ?-(

LOL.  Yeah, true.  Though I think I was told to go to hell long ago.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
Which brings us back to the question of why Newbill did not submit his application?  More importantly, if he really wants to come to Marquette and he can still submit his application, why has he not done so?  Again, I do not think the University would reject his application just to please the basketball coach.

Why, you don't think they did that with Saunders to some extent? 

And, what if Newbill's coaches are telling the truth, and Monarch told him no rush, take your sweet time, "get that essay right"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2010, 11:22:48 AM »

Chico's new nickname - FIGJAM!

Keep them coming....look, I didn't make the accusation, but I'm allowed to defend myself, which I did.  But keep the personal attacks coming.  You've obviously ignored Hilltopper's request to stop them. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:24:22 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

TJ

• All American
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »
I do not think the University would reject his application just to please the basketball coach.
But in a different situation, I could see them accepting his application just to please the athletics department.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »
But in a different situation, I could see them accepting his application just to please the athletics department.

Absolutely.  That's the vast grey area of college athletics now. 

I don't think we really handled this situation very well, but I laugh at the people who are suddenly shocked that schools treat basketball and football recruits like commodities rather than average students.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2010, 01:14:32 PM »
Keep them coming....look, I didn't make the accusation, but I'm allowed to defend myself, which I did.  But keep the personal attacks coming.  You've obviously ignored Hilltopper's request to stop them. 

Actually, I was just agreeing with your posts. *shrug*
And how in the heck do you know what I might have contributed to Marquette? Awful arrogant of you to assume that you are better than the rest of us on this board. Kind of a back handed personal attack, if you ask me.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2010, 09:10:22 PM »
Why, you don't think they did that with Saunders to some extent? 

And, what if Newbill's coaches are telling the truth, and Monarch told him no rush, take your sweet time, "get that essay right"

LOL. To some extent? Well, at least you've moved a smidge in the direction of what's an established fact. Baby steps.

feedback