[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: relocating the students?  (Read 15940 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
It be actually get worse for students
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 05:15:07 PM »
I haven't read the article and I should before commenting, but I can tell you that several times when working the AD we broached this subject.  I do not see how it could ever happen financially.  The revenue generated by the seats in the middle is tremendous and MU simply couldn't get that revenue difference by moving those high paying fans into lesser seats.

It could actually get worse.  Out here at USC for football games, they have actually reduced the number of student season tickets by large amounts the last two years because of demand by the public to buy seats. 

If we get on a crazy roll where we have 16000 or 17000 per game in the future, you might see less student seats down low and more of them up top.  Just a reality where you have to cash in while you can in the world of college athletics.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: relocating the students?
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 10:42:21 PM »
Ahhh yes Cos...I've been waiting for your input on campus bars for the Wiki.  8)

and dice games.. while you're at it, mention the recipe for the box shot..  ;D
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 07:09:32 AM »
I just graduated from MU in May with my graduate degree.  I was a classmate of Dwyane's in freshman English.  I was a huge proponent of adding seats to the MU student section, but the lean years happened (post Dwyane, pre D James) and students NEVER came.  We had a Saturday afternoon nationally televised game against Arizona, the Saturday after finals and the bottom of the student section was barely full.  I have always said our student section is vocal, but 75% couldn't name half of the teams in our conference.  That's just the way it is.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 07:51:57 AM »
I was a classmate of Dwyane's in freshman English.

Funny how we all have memories like that - mine was of pieper sleeping in the back of my philosophy 101 class.. course he didn't go on to become the NBA finals MVP... :-\
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »
I was a huge proponent of adding seats to the MU student section, but the lean years happened (post Dwyane, pre D James) and students NEVER came.  We had a Saturday afternoon nationally televised game against Arizona, the Saturday after finals and the bottom of the student section was barely full.

"Barely full" is still full, is it not?  ;D

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »
good to see there's so much commentary on this issue

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 06:46:44 PM »
The section was well into the upper deck for Arizona two years ago, I remember that game very well. I think the turnout on Friday was outstanding considering it was Hillsdale. I could see those numbers getting even bigger for the Classic.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »

I think I'd also support moving a student corner section to behind the other basket.   I suppose there are some folks who love sitting in the end zone (I just don't see it.)

well we sit in 101, other side, endzone.
no, not the best seats in the house, but right in the action-
backboard unit obscures some play, but our kids love it, they get the feeling of hoops, unlike when we had great upper seats first row behind the bench...
they slam players hands in the tunnel and every once in a while get an autograph.
their joy and growing up to appreciate MU hoops is worth the location.
plus, no where else is attainable in the lower bowl that close without having a Rockefeller for a dad.

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »
I think the turnout on Friday was outstanding considering it was Hillsdale. I could see those numbers getting even bigger for the Classic.

Amen.
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

Dry White Toast

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2006, 10:36:16 AM »
Women's soccer might interfere with student attendance at a BB game???  What is going on?

Also a little surprised that an editorial in the MUTrib (written by a student) generated such disucssion.  It's a non-story.  The student section will never get the best seats in the house.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »
I believe it's just the Tribune's one attempt at trying to change something and take credit for it. They do it once a year, never works because that publication is worse than my high school newspaper.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 05:00:50 PM »
it's just the Tribune's one attempt at trying to change something and take credit for it.

having started the thread and citing that article, i just thought that the article was an easy way of stating the whole idea of a moved student section, rather than go on myself for a page about it. to say the trib is trying to take credit for that is crazy...like many people have said, this discussion is brought up occassionally, and the tribune is certainly not the first group to bring up this topic

Women's soccer might interfere with student attendance at a BB game???  What is going on?

Also a little surprised that an editorial in the MUTrib (written by a student) generated such disucssion.  It's a non-story.  The student section will never get the best seats in the house.

there's more to the non-story if so many people have said so much about it. but nonetheless, i would bet my life nothing will change as far as it goes