[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another Less Than Flattering Article About Marquette's Disposal Of Newbill  (Read 3726 times)

bradforster

• All American
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:10:11 PM by bradforster »

jutaw22mu

• All American
Re: Another Less Than Flattering Article About The Newbill Situation
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:08:43 PM »
already posted.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Another...where's the first one? I may have missed the post where you pointed out the correction to this one.

Clam Crowder

• All American
I think this article couldve been a heck of alot worse. If this is the worst of it and top recruits are seeing Marquette puts winning first I am not too sure that is extremely detrimental

NCMUFan

• All American
Buzz has made mistakes before and learned from them.  One was his melt down of Jimmy MacIlvaine during an interview.  I got to think there is a lesson here.

willie warrior

• All American
I am not liking the several comments attached to the article indicating "Marquette/Williams is dirty"

This is not the rep we need.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Clam Crowder

• All American
Who looks at those comments? and who is gonna know so much about our program besides Badger fans. As people said yesterday it will end up being just another transfer situation. Calipari is dirty and has that reputation and look at his teams

MUfan12

• All American
I am not liking the several comments attached to the article indicating "Marquette/Williams is dirty"

This is not the rep we need.

Of course we're dirty. How can little old MU compete for guys like Blue, Wilson, Faust, Dawson without cheating?

Talk like that means one thing- Our friends in the Big Tweleven are scared.

muarmy81

• All American
Not that I want to be like Kentucky or Memphis but ask Calipari how his "sleazy and cheating" reputation has negatively affected his recruiting.

kmwtrucks

• All American
I was kind of thinking the same thing about Kentucky, After 2011 they will have had the best 3 year run of recruits in the history of college basketball IMO. Buzz is young and will learn from mistakes he makes. If he continue's to produce player's and people like WES, LAZAR and JIMMY I will be ok with a little over recruiting.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
"Just like recruits often renege on a commitment or seek a release from a letter of intent if a better option comes along, many schools are doing the same thing."

So is it okay on the end of the kids and not the schools? I'll admit I'm reserving judgment until I either hear more of the stories or see results from Wilson on the court, because a player delivering wins would help assuage my grievances (unfortunately). But regardless, that line really resonated. I guess with schools there should be more honor than with pro sports, but as the years go by, it's becoming just as much of a business. :(

I hope Buzz made the right call here. And whatever happens, I hope the best for DJ. Whether the truth is phillycoach's story, IWB's, or something in between, I hope DJ comes out with a good education and a wealth of opportunities.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback