Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anybody else sick of Wade?  (Read 15306 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Anybody else sick of Wade?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »
What the earlier quote left out is his next comment on the subject...

"I see Michael Jordan is not there, Scottie Pippen is not there. … You know, these guys are not a part," Wade said. "Things like that. So that is probably one of the biggest things for me, because I am a very loyal person."
Again-- active listening applies. Those pointing out all the lesser players receiving loyalty from the bulls have digressed.
Wade is a top 10 superstar noting that other top 10 superstars, formerly with Bulls aren't tight with the team. Why should he return to his hometown and risk the same fate. (Wade, and Lebron are rightfully leary of how coming in to fill 2 very big shadows will play out-- no one will ever be MJ, and such is a burden to any successor)
Wade is saying, translated...."you didnt love them enough afterwards, how do I know you'll love me .... love is important to me , and I see myself as a loving person. If I come to you (girlfriend) I need to know I am loved now and after I am "washed up" ( an actual term used by an actual bulls fan, on this thread, as to pip) ?"

To Bulls fans...I dont think Wade insulted you, in the least....he may well have tested or nudged you a bit to test his theorum.
They failed, because as he guessed the messenger was shot, the message not well received, and as he's intimating for MJ and PIP, his joining the Bulls risks org rejection after his carreer, vs staying in Miami, where, it seems the org and city have him convinced he'll be set forever, content, with mutual loyalty.

A reasonable observation emerges from  Wade, and I agree with the Bulls fans here and with Wade.
How?
Bulls fans are right --(if assuming  the organization is key as Krause says"not the players") the Bulls organization is loyal always to those that are a part of and loyal to the organization.
Wade is right too--In the NBA, like it or not, since Bird Magic, MJ, etc the league showcases superstars....and the superstars become their own brand, not totally subject to organizational affiliation. They can command the organization they add their brand to to respect and give them whatever they want before and after their career, ,whether deserved or not...call it  the MJ rules, or the superstar treatment.
Because the Bulls and Krause signalled years ago  the organization is first and mutual org loyalty comes first, Wade and other superstars see the Bulls as one team that may not abide the unwritten superstar bend over and giv'em anything they want rule.
A superstar sees it as getting what he's entitled to and super treatment is to be expected and any  orgaization denying such is not " loyal" (as wade and supertrs see it) to the league wide unwritten rule, or to the way things really are(one's perception is one's only reality).
The pro org guys (bulls)see that as total self interest and wrong bec. no player is ever bigger than the org.
The NBA NORM and actual reality is that superstars are bigger than the org(see Cavs firing coach brown), and Bulls disagree. Wade speaks to the norm, the bulls speak loudly to their belief in the exception.
Sadly, to compete for superstars in the NBA world of the norm, a team must decide to buck it or join it....If I am wade I'd have a wait and see and test to see if the Bulls, at long last have chosen to join the norm.

Each  side is exercising their given perogative. Respect that.

(if I am a bulls fan --Id say its time to swallow hard ,join reality of the norm and announce we are joining the playing field to level it by clarifying Bulls now accept, w/o reservation we'll give what superstars want to get him and never again tell a superstar the org is king over the superstar, OR prepare myself to lose out to those teams that are Loyal to this established, unwritten rule)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:40:03 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2010, 03:37:59 PM »
Right.  So he explains that he knows very little about the subject beyond what's up with two players he remembers from his childhood.  Alert the press!  :-\

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he knows more than 99% of the people walking this earth.  You do realize he obviously has a good relationship with MJ, and I'm sure MJ and the Jordan brand has an interest in where he plays next year.  Once again, look at who he is meeting with next week.  Perhaps he'd rather see Bosh in Miami with him than in Chicago with Labron. 

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »
The NBA NORM and actual reality is that superstars are bigger than the org(see Cavs firing coach brown), and Bulls disagree.

The NBA is different than most sports, because many coaches are useless. Except for the coaches that have been around for a while and had success coaching one team or many teams, essentially Sloan, Jackson, Karl, etc. The coaching carousel has changed in the last ten years because players are now premadonnas and some want to expand "their" brand, which their is nothing wrong with that. You never know in basketball whether it is the coach or the players specifically.

As a Bulls fan I thought that the talent wasn't their for Skiles, and even though the Bucks have Jennings, Bogut, and other mediocre talents I believe he is a very good coach that doesn't put up with b.s. All that being said Wade is still the man.

Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2010, 03:54:16 PM »
I'm a bulls fan who is not sick of wade.
As a bulls fan I am very worried that if he does honestly feel this way (right or wrong) that it could be a common perception, which could hurt our chances of landing lebron or bosh.

Exactly. I'm not sick of Wade. I'm just pissed he would make an untrue statement such as that.  ESPN has been showing the statement causing America to think the Bulls are unloyal to their past players. They aren't showing the comments of Jay Williams or the other many examples of how loyal the Bulls are.

If people start to believe this then it hurts their chances at getting a free agent this offseason.

If Wade would have said the way the organization is run is a joke I would have been fine with that.  While that comment would a lot stronger than what he said, it would be true.  The Bulls have many flaws. He could have crapped on any of them.  Instead he made a statement that is far from the truth.

Wade is still my guy. I'm just disappointed he would say that.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
Exactly. I'm not sick of Wade. I'm just pissed he would make an untrue statement such as that.  ESPN has been showing the statement causing America to think the Bulls are unloyal to their past players. They aren't showing the comments of Jay Williams or the other many examples of how loyal the Bulls are.

If people start to believe this then it hurts their chances at getting a free agent this offseason.

If Wade would have said the way the organization is run is a joke I would have been fine with that.  While that comment would a lot stronger than what he said, it would be true.  The Bulls have many flaws. He could have crapped on any of them.  Instead he made a statement that is far from the truth.

Wade is still my guy. I'm just disappointed he would say that.

That's the think though TT, he didn't say anything untrue.  Read the quote - he said he "didn't know" about the Bulls loyalty, stated that Jordan and Pippen are no longer part of the organization, and stated that he knows Miami is loyal.  Which part is untrue?

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
Wade wore IU shorts???  Brutal

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 09:26:30 PM »
Then why are there 40+ replys.....

True, but any thread that starts out with the proposition of being "sick" of Wade is going a lot of responses, multiple pages are a minimum. Just saying most Marquette fans could care less about some Chicago's fans sensitivity about their Bulls, much less the NBA in general besides how Marquette players are doing.  Also, just getting 40+ replies doesn't prove that a lot of Marquette fans care about Wade's opinion of the Bulls, no matter if he's wrong or right.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
Sam Smith says it all.  Wade just trying to drive free agents away from Bulls and to Miami.  Must mean Miami is in trouble!

I thought Wade had more class.  Disappointing. 

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_forman_100527.html

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »
I'm sick of any D Bag that cares that much about the NBA.  D Wade put MU back on the map you tools.  Frack the Bulls and any other NBA team.  Who gives a sh@t?  Here's a thought....Reinsdorf is a guy out to make a buck.  When Jordan got too old he tossed him aside like all of the other used up Thoroughbreds.  Shocker.  D Wade is a Thoroughbred hence he doesn't like the fact that players are discarded unceremoniously.

Get over it loser.  And stop wearing you Bulls jersey out in public.  If you wear a replica jersey and you are over the age of nine you are a tool.  I bet you have a Bulls tattoo you douche bag. 

MUrugger

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »
Who was that last rant against?  The previous poster with the Sam Smith link?  Providing a link to clarify a position is a sign of caring too much about the NBA?

Wade is way off base on the Bulls loyalty.  Pick on a lot of things about the way they run their business, but not on their loyalty.   The Bulls = Jerry Reinsdorf, and tho no fan of his I have to acknowledge his well-earned reputation for unrequited loyalty in both sports and business.

I love Wade for what he brought and he left at Marquette.  But my loyalty to him or any athlete in short pants looks elsewhere when ego, personal agendas, and yeah, even bad behavior get in the way.

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2010, 07:08:36 AM »
I'm sick of any D Bag that cares that much about the NBA.  D Wade put MU back on the map you tools.  Frack the Bulls and any other NBA team.  Who gives a sh@t?  Here's a thought....Reinsdorf is a guy out to make a buck.  When Jordan got too old he tossed him aside like all of the other used up Thoroughbreds.  Shocker.  D Wade is a Thoroughbred hence he doesn't like the fact that players are discarded unceremoniously.

Get over it loser.  And stop wearing you Bulls jersey out in public.  If you wear a replica jersey and you are over the age of nine you are a tool.  I bet you have a Bulls tattoo you douche bag. 

I'm sure you'd only be so bold within the anonimity of a message board.  Either that or the Shirley Temples were   giving you some courage. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »
Sounds like Wade was reciting talking points he was given from Riley (and possibly Barkley and MJ). Likely to backfire now that the actual facts have surfaced.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
I'm sure you'd only be so bold within the anonimity of a message board.  Either that or the Shirley Temples were   giving you some courage. 

As my Dad used to say, "Is that muhoops1 or the Budweiser talking?"

classof70

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
As my Dad used to say, "Is that muhoops1 or the Budweiser talking?"

Doc was a wise man.

feedback