[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: sobelmans and bombers  (Read 17497 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: sobelmans and bombers
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
I had the privilege of dining at bombers last weekend. The waitress said the episode would air sometime in August. She also said she knew who the winner was but obviously couldn't tell anyone.
As a self proclaimed burger connoisseur, I have to admit that I have switched my burger loyalty from Sobelmans over to bombers. I wouldn't be surprised if Bombers comes out on top.

most important word.

as for Jay's comment, superbar posts dont count so he has said something before

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
I decided to try Bombers for the 1st time Saturday afternoon. I had the Bomber Burger which was a 1/4 lb patty with a giant fried stuffed portabella mushroom. I have to say the burger was amazing, but they still have a long way to go to top Sobelman's.

Their buns were below average and became soggy after a while, but the burger itself was very very good as was the service. But better than Sobelman's??? No way.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
Had Bomber's "Milwaukee Burger" entry from Food Wars. Maybe, and I mean maybe, the 4th best thing on their menu. Very average. The only thing that stood out was the Neuske's bacon.

I have no idea how it won. Sobel's had to have put a hockey puck on a bun to lose to that thing.

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
Bombers' burgers are crap if you ask me, poor quality beef thrown together with some toppings... it's garbage and will never go back, only been once.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 01:59:13 PM »
thanks to this thread the Mrs. & I went to Sobelmans on Saturday, the Sobelman burger was fantastic!

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 08:52:58 AM »
thanks to this thread the Mrs. & I went to Sobelmans on Saturday, the Sobelman burger was fantastic!
You picked the right one to try that's for sure!

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »
I went to the taping and I think part of the reason that bombers "won" is that they had about twice as many people there and they were a lot more involved.  They were handing out shirts to everyone and were all older.  I was on team sobleman's and a lot of the team were high school kids who were friends of dave sobleman.  That being said I got bored of all the bs that comes with filming a tv show and grabbed a beer and left before they announced the winner.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
Decided to go to Sobelman's Tallgrass Grill today (I guess I've been on my own personal quest for Milwaukee's best burger)..............The Bacon and Blue Burger was AWESOME!!!!!! Clearly better than Bombers, but not quite better than the original. Sobelman's still reigns supreme!

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
Gotta say, I love Soblemen's but the beef they use on the burgers there is nothing special, wish that could get upgraded a little.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:46 PM »
Gotta say, I love Soblemen's but the beef they use on the burgers there is nothing special, wish that could get upgraded a little.

it is not the same as it used to be and is a downgrade. i wish dave would go back to the original recipe bc that was redic. with that said, sobelmans is still the best in mke.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
it is not the same as it used to be and is a downgrade. i wish dave would go back to the original recipe bc that was redic. with that said, sobelmans is still the best in mke.

Went back a couple weekends ago for the first time in six months (I am now living 200+ miles away). They definitely shrank the burger from the last time I had been there. I think they tried this awhile ago and people complained so they brought back the larger ones.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:19:56 PM by warrior07 »

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »
I would take Sobelman's beef over Bombers' though personally.  I thought Bombers' was crap and was just not flavorful what so ever to me.  At least you taste the meat some at Sobel's.

LON

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »
I would take Sobelman's beef over Bombers' though personally.  I thought Bombers' was crap and was just not flavorful what so ever to me.  At least you taste the meat some at Sobel's.

No homo?

/sorry, I had to

feedback