Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Does a Bucks Run = BC changes?  (Read 7102 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Does a Bucks Run = BC changes?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
Ugh.  "State-designated" money.  I suppose there will now be a $4.9M study conducted to determine the best way to spend the $5M.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
The State Building Committee Just Designated $5 Million for renovation of BC.

http://www.doa.wi.gov/meetings_notes.asp?thismeeting=1290

I'd be curious what $5 million buys today?  New carpeting and new urinals?   LAX just unveiled today a $737 million renovation to one terminal and a lot of pundits on air today were asking, WTF did $737 million actually buy us other than a new paint job, some pretty purple neon lights, two new gates and a few other minor upgrades.

Does $5 million go along way in Milwaukee to make any appreciable difference?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »
I'd be curious what $5 million buys today?  New carpeting and new urinals?   LAX just unveiled today a $737 million renovation to one terminal and a lot of pundits on air today were asking, WTF did $737 million actually buy us other than a new paint job, some pretty purple neon lights, two new gates and a few other minor upgrades.

Does $5 million go along way in Milwaukee to make any appreciable difference?

Not sure you can assume 5 mil. will get you new urinals. Have you checked the price of those suckers lately, especially if you want something other than standard white? I'm figuring you're safe with new plexiglass around the hockey rink, however.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »

Not sure you can assume 5 mil. will get you new urinals. Have you checked the price of those suckers lately, especially if you want something other than standard white? I'm figuring you're safe with new plexiglass around the hockey rink, however.

I figured Mr. Kohler would give us the state Good Guy discount to make sure everyone in the Bradley Center is pissing on his product.   ;D

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 07:54:31 AM »
I think I made mention that $5 million would buy us 2 hot dog carts and a lemonade stand.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 08:33:57 AM »
MSG had a $200 Million renovation in 1991, and they are doing a $500 Million renovation next year.  Tough to call it an old arena when they've spent that much money changing it.

And IMO, based on the few times I've been there, the BC is still nicer than MSG. The place doesn't impress me at all.

crosscheck

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »
Bottom line, The Bradley Center loses money every year. If they can't turn a profit they wont have the capitol to renovate on their own. Tax payers in milwaukee are still paying an additional sales tax to support miller park and will continue to pay that tax until at least 2015 (it will be extended depending on tax receipts). Point is, the current political climate makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to get public funding for a new stadium or expansive renovations to the Bradley Center.

IMO, The first step in expansive renovations or a new facility is for the Bradley Center to find a way to turn a profit. Once they are making money they can use it to rebuild the facility and would be able to take out loans for improvements.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
Bottom line, The Bradley Center loses money every year. If they can't turn a profit they wont have the capitol to renovate on their own. Tax payers in milwaukee are still paying an additional sales tax to support miller park and will continue to pay that tax until at least 2015 (it will be extended depending on tax receipts). Point is, the current political climate makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to get public funding for a new stadium or expansive renovations to the Bradley Center.

IMO, The first step in expansive renovations or a new facility is for the Bradley Center to find a way to turn a profit. Once they are making money they can use it to rebuild the facility and would be able to take out loans for improvements.

Very few stadiums actually turn profits, and the ones that due are taking in little percentages of profit, so your idea is out the window.

Milwaukee will have to step-up and pay for the Bucks, economic climate be damned.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
And IMO, based on the few times I've been there, the BC is still nicer than MSG. The place doesn't impress me at all.

That's because $190 million of that went to union shops and $10 million went to actual renovations.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2010, 11:44:08 AM »
Very few stadiums actually turn profits, and the ones that due are taking in little percentages of profit, so your idea is out the window.

Milwaukee will have to step-up and pay for the Bucks, economic climate be damned.

Which begs the questions if cities and municipalities should be in the business of propping up sports teams or are there much higher priorities a city\municipality should be worried about.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:37 AM »
Which begs the questions if cities and municipalities should be in the business of propping up sports teams or are there much higher priorities a city\municipality should be worried about.

If the taxpayers of a city, county, state, etc. want it, it's their perogative.  I'm not going to pass value judgements about what taxpayers "should be worried about."

feedback