Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: from the Cracked Sidewalks twitter, and Boston Globe  (Read 4682 times)

lab_warrior

• All American
from the Cracked Sidewalks twitter, and Boston Globe
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »
FWIW, apparently Derosiers backing out at Wake.  We were in his last 3.

http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/basketball/articles/2010/04/09/desrosiers_back_in_play/

Nukem2

• All American
Re: from the Cracked Sidewalks twitter, and Boston Globe
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
FWIW, apparently Derosiers backing out at Wake.  We were in his last 3.

http://www.boston.com/sports/schools/basketball/articles/2010/04/09/desrosiers_back_in_play/
Thats not what the article says.  His father says in the article that they are just waiting to see what happens on the basketball end at Wake.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
go get em buzz

WxWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:21:31 PM »
Thats not what the article says.  His father says in the article that they are just waiting to see what happens on the basketball end at Wake.

"Desrosiers, who chose the Deacons over Arizona State and Marquette when he committed last fall, can only field calls from coaches affiliated with Wake Forest.

I'm pretty sure that means we were in his final three. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 11:27:50 PM »
"Desrosiers, who chose the Deacons over Arizona State and Marquette when he committed last fall, can only field calls from coaches affiliated with Wake Forest.

I'm pretty sure that means we were in his final three. 

I think he is disputing the fact that you said that Desrosiers is backing out of Wake, not the top 3 part. They aren't for sure asking out of the LOI. They are waiting to see what happens at Wake before they make a decision. At least that's what I took out of it.

WxWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:36:19 PM »
You're right cheebs... I'm just thinking what might have been.   ;D

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
Looks like Jeff Bzdelik from Colorado is the favorite for the Wake job:

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/04/12/article/wake_hones_search_on_colorado_coach

That might play to our favor...of course personal relations come in, but I'd think his profile has gotten worse since leaving Air Force, and taking a team to a losing record overall can't possibly look as good as what Buzz did here last year with a team that most expected to have a losing record. Still don't get why they fired Gaudio. Did they really expect him to beat UK?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
My guess is he sticks with Wake, He really likes the ACC and felt that was the best conference for his skills.  I'm not sure if Wake would release him to other ACC schools? 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
My guess is he sticks with Wake, He really likes the ACC and felt that was the best conference for his skills.  I'm not sure if Wake would release him to other ACC schools?  

The ACC has rules that make it unlikely.  If he were to decide to go to another ACC school, because he's already signed an LOI, he'd have to sit out a year before playing and he'd lose a year of eligibility.  

One more thing, because it's just a pet peeve of mine.  If Wake Forest releases him, they don't have the ability to limit the schools that he is released to, because there's no such thing as a restricted release. 

By NCAA rule either you get your full release and can attend any school you want, or you aren't released.  The school cannot pick and choose who they release you to if you have only signed your LOI.  It's on the form that both the player and the school have to fill out in those situations....two options, complete release or no release.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:13:52 AM by bma725 »

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
related note:  How is the oregon job being talked about left and right, while this job is getting no mention.  Wake Forest is definitly in the top 15 most desireable college bball coaching jobs.  If i were brad Stevens, I would have given this one a second look before i signed that contract extension.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
The ACC has rules that make it unlikely.  If he were to decide to go to another ACC school, because he's already signed an LOI, he'd have to sit out a year before playing and he'd lose a year of eligibility.  

One more thing, because it's just a pet peeve of mine.  If Wake Forest releases him, they don't have the ability to limit the schools that he is released to, because there's no such thing as a restricted release. 

By NCAA rule either you get your full release and can attend any school you want, or you aren't released.  The school cannot pick and choose who they release you to if you have only signed your LOI.  It's on the form that both the player and the school have to fill out in those situations....two options, complete release or no release.

Just to be clear, the NCAA has no rule that says where a released player can and can't go, but the ACC does not allow released players to go to a different ACC school?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

bma725

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »
Just to be clear, the NCAA has no rule that says where a released player can and can't go, but the ACC does not allow released players to go to a different ACC school?

The ACC allows released players to go to a different school, but there is a penalty for doing so.  If you sign an LOI with an ACC school, then are released and go to another ACC school, you have to sit out a year and you lose a year of eligibility.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »
related note:  How is the oregon job being talked about left and right, while this job is getting no mention.  Wake Forest is definitly in the top 15 most desireable college bball coaching jobs.  If i were brad Stevens, I would have given this one a second look before i signed that contract extension.

OK...

You are in a conference where other teams (including two in your own state) are loaded every year.  Your very best teams of recent vintage never got to the Final Four.  And you can be fired even though you made the NCAA tournament each of the past 3 years and even though you are bringing in a top recruiting class.

*That's* a top 15 job???

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »
The ACC allows released players to go to a different school, but there is a penalty for doing so.  If you sign an LOI with an ACC school, then are released and go to another ACC school, you have to sit out a year and you lose a year of eligibility.

When we released Maymon, wasn't there a clause prohibiting him from transferring to Wisconsin?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
When we released Maymon, wasn't there a clause prohibiting him from transferring to Wisconsin?

Different situation with regards to the rules involved. 

Maymon, and any other player that is already enrolled and attending the school is governed by the NCAA transfer regulations.  Desrosiers, and any other signed but not yet enrolled athlete is governed by the provisions of the National Letter of Intent and any conference regulations.

Their rules for release between the two are not the same. 

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 12:51:09 PM »
Clears that up.  Thanks!