[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruit Decomitting?  (Read 8822 times)

MUBalla23

• Starter
Recruit Decomitting?
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
this is the only thing i can think of how we could sign another recruit

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: Recruit Decomitting?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »

think harder
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
This again?

Or it could be-

A transfer
Academics
A non-qualifier
Early entry
Disciplinary
A medical condition
Alien abduction
Deportation
Count Choculitis

How about we just let it play out?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:56:18 PM by MUfan12 »

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:51:14 PM »
spontaneous combustion

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:09:36 AM »
Bitten by a member of Team Edward
SS Marquette

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:10:31 AM »
gender reassignment surgery

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 01:36:34 AM »
intracranial creanitis

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 05:48:29 AM »
One of the guys playing POTUS with Obuma and being reclassified a pro by NCAA
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 08:13:40 AM »
This again?

Or it could be-

Count Choculitis

Most likely scenario.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »
I heard one of the current players was doing tricks on John Polonowski's dirt bike...actually trying to jump Mark Harris's Pontiac Fiero, the one with the vanity plates that read I L EV8...and crashed and burned and really messed up his shooting hand, resulting in Jon Harris-itis and may need to leave the program.

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 09:01:37 AM »
gender reassignment surgery
Does the womens team have an open scholarship and would the individual be required to sit out a year?

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »
spontaneous combustion
A member of our team is a drummer?
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 11:32:33 AM »

wadefan#1

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »

Lets hope it is Mbao because he has a lot of work to do.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »
Lets hope it is Mbao because he has a lot of work to do.

Absurdity. Not comparing him at all to Thabeet, but remember that kid his freshman yr? Yes Mbao is lost, but he is a young big man with limited experience. From the little I have seen, he can run the court and seems pretty coordinated and agile. I know it isnt much, but he is 7'2 and with some work I think he can accomplish what MU needs him to- be able to grab some rebounds, block some shots, and play some defense. If he adds a little bulk and learns defensive positioning, Mbao can be a huge asset to this team his 3rd and 4th yrs, even if he only averages 3 ppg (would be hard to do if he actually got some minutes because of offensive putbacks alone)

chapman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »
Absurdity. Not comparing him at all to Thabeet, but remember that kid his freshman yr?

Do you?  6.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 3.8 blocks in 24 minutes per game.  Mbao couldn't even score 6.2 points, total, the entire year...in practice.  I'd be chocked if he averages half of Thabeet's freshman year line by the time he's a senior, if he ever even gets that far.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »
Do you?  6.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 3.8 blocks in 24 minutes per game.  Mbao couldn't even score 6.2 points, total, the entire year...in practice.  I'd be chocked if he averages half of Thabeet's freshman year line by the time he's a senior, if he ever even gets that far.

I had the same hopes for Mbao as MUdimitri months ago, but I really don't know if it's ever going to click for him.  It just seems like he will be perpetually lost on court whenever he is in.  Still hoping there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but if Mbao is 7'2 and has trouble scoring in practice....I don't even know what to say then.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 02:57:01 PM »

Yes I do, my point is that he was not the stud NBA prospect people expected him to be. I also remember Ous Barro, and I remember that he couldnt play over 5 mins without fouling out. Although he got dogged most of his MU career, I thought he was very effective his Senior year. As a matter of fact, I would have loved to have had someone like him on the team the last two seasons. All I am saying is that although I do not expect Mbao to be an All BE player by any means, I have a funny feeling that he will end up being MUCH more effective than people think (as long as he gets coached up and is given the chance)

In a recent interview Buzz still talked about him as if he is a member of the team, which is more than I can say about EWill (dont recall the article but he talked about next season and mentioned pretty much everyone but Williams. I might be reading into that too much, but its likely that if someone comes someone has to go, unless one of the other commits doesn't make it in.)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
Buzz is going to adopt Fulce.

Dry White Toast

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »
Buzz is going to adopt Fulce.

Ziggy,

My personal favorite, along with "X is going to pay his own way."

I hear the Mbao family is loaded.
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:11 PM »
Are you referring to Austin Rivers?
If so, WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
SS Marquette

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 11:28:11 PM »
I heard one of the current players was doing tricks on John Polonowski's dirt bike...actually trying to jump Mark Harris's Pontiac Fiero, the one with the vanity plates that read I L EV8...and crashed and burned and really messed up his shooting hand, resulting in Jon Harris-itis and may need to leave the program.

I had gone YEARS without thinking about Jon Harris.  Why, why do you want me to suffer?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 11:51:08 PM »
I had gone YEARS without thinking about Jon Harris.  Why, why do you want me to suffer?

Get used to it. His name is being tossed around for possible coaching positions.
SS Marquette

TJ

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »
Yes I do, my point is that he was not the stud NBA prospect people expected him to be. I also remember Ous Barro, and I remember that he couldnt play over 5 mins without fouling out. Although he got dogged most of his MU career, I thought he was very effective his Senior year. As a matter of fact, I would have loved to have had someone like him on the team the last two seasons. All I am saying is that although I do not expect Mbao to be an All BE player by any means, I have a funny feeling that he will end up being MUCH more effective than people think (as long as he gets coached up and is given the chance)
I remember Barro being at his best his Junior year, and much less effective his final season.  I think that a big part of that was mismanagement by the coach and the inexplicable decision not to start him and have him come off the bench.  Maybe I'm crazy and/or remembering wrong though.

Either way, Barro was awesome and if he was getting dogged by people it was totally uncalled for.  Maybe people thought that they deserved better at the time, but the last two seasons have shown just how important he was to the teams he was on.  He would have been a TREMENDOUS asset on either of our last two teams.  (oh, how I wish he would have redshirted freshman year and been eligible as a senior last year...)