[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Report: 2010 Recruit Mo Walker (6-10 AA) to MU! We Got Our Big Man!!!!!  (Read 11822 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American

APRIL FOOLS!

Sorry, but this seems to be the best venue for this infantile joke.

(Hopefully this won't be an April fool's joke soon enough!)

muguru

• All American
What a tool.....How juvenile. Seriously?? An April Fool's Prank?? How old are you anyway?? 12?? When some of us hang on recruiting every second of everyday and eat, breathe and sleep MU basketball and recruiting, this sort of thing isn't funny. I didn't fall for it, but others may and that's just sad that you would even think something like this is funny.  ::)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
What a tool.....How juvenile. Seriously?? An April Fool's Prank?? How old are you anyway?? 12?? When some of us hang on recruiting every second of everyday and eat, breathe and sleep MU basketball and recruiting, this sort of thing isn't funny. I didn't fall for it, but others may and that's just sad that you would even think something like this is funny.  ::)

lighten up Francis

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Two years ago today, someone on scoop posted "Tom Crean To (School)" as an April Fools joke.

Later that day it came true.......

GGGG

• All American

People who "hang on recruiting every second of everyday" seem to be the ones the the issues and not AnotherMU84.

d6

• Scholarship Player

People who "hang on recruiting every second of everyday" seem to be the ones the the issues and not AnotherMU84.

+1

muguru

• All American

Who are you to judge what does and doesn't constitute having "issues"?? If I want to hang on recruiting and MU basketball every single day of my life, who are you to say it's wrong?? If you want to go through life making almost 2,000 posts on a message board, who am I to judge?? Different strokes, for different folks. I choose to follow recruiting very closely. Big deal.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Who are you to judge what does and doesn't constitute having "issues"?? If I want to hang on recruiting and MU basketball every single day of my life, who are you to say it's wrong?? If you want to go through life making almost 2,000 posts on a message board, who am I to judge?? Different strokes, for different folks. I choose to follow recruiting very closely. Big deal.

Nothing wrong with following recruiting so closely.  Why does that mean you cannot have a sense of humor about recruiting?  It probably took you three seconds between the time you read the headline and opened to the post to read "April fools".

Apparently those three seconds have profoundly affected your life.

madtownwarrior

• All American
boy, this get funnier and funnier year after year.  How clever, posting a not true message on a message board and then say "april fools"   Wow, I can hardly keep the laughter in...

the lame April fools post on a message board has got to be one of the dumbest things out there...

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
I think everybody needs to take a deep breath.  I think the stress of this past season has everyone wound a little tight.  

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
Re: Report: 2010 Recruit Mo Walker (6-10 AA) to MU! We Got Our Big Man!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 08:05:30 AM »

You started it by overreacting.  Settle down.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 08:08:09 AM »
I think everybody needs to take a deep breath.  I think the stress of this past season has everyone wound a little tight.  

WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME I NEED TO TAKE A BREATH?  WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO?  SOME PEOPLE CHOOSE NOT TO TAKE  A BIG BREATH, I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 08:08:29 AM »
Nothing wrong with following recruiting so closely.  Why does that mean you cannot have a sense of humor about recruiting?  It probably took you three seconds between the time you read the headline and opened to the post to read "April fools".

With the signing period coming right up, I suspect that all Scoopers are following recruiting closely.  Just a PIA when you are hoping for the "BIG" announcement and someone decides to jerk your chain.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
APRIL FOOLS!

Sorry, but this seems to be the best venue for this infantile joke.

(Hopefully this won't be an April fool's joke soon enough!)

Congratulations. Honestly, way to go.

/sarcasm

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 08:18:40 AM »
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

I think this is my favorite picture response.
And I said deep breath not big breath. 
 ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 08:20:06 AM »
Haha...had me for about 2 seconds.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 08:30:41 AM »
The fact people are so uptight makes this a funny April Fools joke.

I tip my cap to you AnotherMU84.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 08:50:55 AM »
I must admit that you got me.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 08:54:11 AM »

I didn't need to open the post to know IMMEDIATELY that it was an April Fool's. If you want to post something in regards to April Fool's, pick on DePaul...Post a fake article about them getting out of the Big East and moving to the Summitt League or something. At least that would be believeable.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »
I didn't need to open the post to know IMMEDIATELY that it was an April Fool's. If you want to post something in regards to April Fool's, pick on DePaul...Post a fake article about them getting out of the Big East and moving to the Summitt League or something. At least that would be believeable.

Makes me glad I didn't post the fake Cracked Sidewalks story "Buzz Williams hired by DePaul"
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »
Makes me glad I didn't post the fake Cracked Sidewalks story "Buzz Williams hired by DePaul"

Good April Fools jokes are believeable ones...MU landing Walker is NOT believeable(at least not yet), nor would Buzz Williams being hired by DePaul be believable. Now, DePaul dropping out of the Big East and going ot the Summitt or the MEAC or completely dropping basketball altogether?? THOSE would be believable.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:53 AM »
How about this ...

"MUscoop becomes a pay site, to donate all revenues to new MU Football team."

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »
Two years ago today, someone on scoop posted "Tom Crean To (School)" as an April Fools joke.

Later that day it came true.......

In an example of life imitating comedy.....
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
boy, this get funnier and funnier year after year.  How clever, posting a not true message on a message board and then say "april fools"   Wow, I can hardly keep the laughter in...

the lame April fools post on a message board has got to be one of the dumbest things out there...
+1 - Couldn't say it better.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
i decided to look up walker and what I found had me going nuts. Im sorry its not regarding MU its regarding my second favorite team the gophers. He is going to visit next weekend, and as already been reaching out to Cory Joseph to commit with him. They were teammates in Canada. If we land these 2, the gophers next year are a lesser Kentucky with ability to hit the 3.

D Joseph/A nolen
C Joseph
B Hoffarber/R williams
R White/Walker
T Mbakwe/Sampson III and Iverson

Unreal.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »
So in 2008 the joke was Crean leaving?  And 2009 the joke was Blue decommiting from Wisconsin?

Apparently, these are no longer April Fool's jokes, but rather the board is filled with psychics.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »
Hmmmmmm...To whoever starts the 2011 April Fools joke thread:  please aim really high.  It looks like we got something good goin' here!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
Hmmmmmm...To whoever starts the 2011 April Fools joke thread:  please aim really high.  It looks like we got something good goin' here!

Branden Dawson perhaps???  haha

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
Every year I wake up and look forward to the various April Fool's jokes people try to play . . . google especially.

I appreciated this one. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 03:59:50 PM »
D Joseph/A nolen
C Joseph
B Hoffarber/R williams
R White/Walker
T Mbakwe/Sampson III and Iverson

If there are Vegas odds on White and Mbawke being on the Gophers next year, I'll definitely take the under.  Besides, I don't think that lineup is much better than Marquette's even with those two.

J Cadougan/R Smith  is about even with Devoe Joseph/Nolan
V Blue/D Buycks  is about even with Cory Joseph (stud)
D JO/J Jones/E Williams  >>> Hoffarber.  DJO is Hoffarber with skills inside the 3-point line.  And athleticism.
Butler/Crowder > White/Walker (neither of which is likely to ever play in a MN jersey)
OToule/Mbao < Sampson/Iverson.  Finally, MN has an advantage, but I'd hardly consider that MN team comparable to Kentucky.  If so, we're Final Four bound.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 04:18:16 PM »
Wow, Im sorry but you swung and missed terribly. MU is my #1 team but if the gophers landed these guys they would beat MU by 25. Way too much size. Walker wouldnt even play. Mbakwe will play it was already said that Tubby regrets everything this year and Mbakwe should have played this year but they made a mistake. White should hopefully be back. Every practice those 2 have attended they have flat out dominated. Devoe and Cory Joseph would be an unreal tandem. Devoe is a straight scorer needs to work on d. Hoffarber gives us the outside shot that will work with all the down low talent. Rodney Williams is a freak. Colton and Ralph will be great bench guys, Nolen can defend anywher.

Now obviously A TON needs to happen, but the gophers would hold a considerable advantage everywhere, as they would on most teams with that size and a true PG in Joseph.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Royce White and Mbakwe are both still suspended from the Minnesota basketball team pending resolution of their respective legal problems which are still pending.  White did not practice with Minnesota after the preseason, not sure about Mbakwe and practice.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »
White and Mbakwe practiced many times after preseason, especially Trevor. He did everyday I think. Like I just said, unless for some reason Mbakwe is found guilty by next season he is playing. Our AD and Tubby already said they screwed up and should have played him this year. Royce just needs to get himself figured out and decide he wants to play basketball. I think hes basically done with all his legal matters, now its up to him if he wants to play and can stay out of trouble.