[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:41:23 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DWADE Injured  (Read 5358 times)

miltownsports

• Walk-On
DWADE Injured
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:15:17 PM »
Just watchin teh Rockets/Heat Game.  Dwade was injured taken off in a wheelchair.  Look like he hurt his arm really bad. Screaming in pain on the bench. Ill try to get sum updates.

🏀

• All American
Re: DWADE Injured
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »
Does not look good AT ALL

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:20:20 PM »
Screaming at the slightest touch of the arm.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »
And just as Riley gets back.

If it's as bad as it looks, what are the chances that Riley comes up with another excuse to leave the team.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »
A dislocated shoulder and the Heat could be done for the year.  They're clinging to the 8th seed...albeit in the much easier Eastern Conference.

We all know DWade is one of the toughest players around, and seeing him in that much pain yesterday, is very worrisome for us Heat fans.

Should be interesting to hear the medical updates...my guess is he's out for 6 weeks.

Pistons fans have to be LOVING THIS.  Hate, Hate, Hate the Pistons.

MeghanMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 08:19:30 AM »
Well according to espn.com, Wade dislocated his shoulder.  I see this in the ER at least once a week, and it's usually a pretty easy fix.  But it does hurt like crazy when it happens, I've certainly seen grown men with tears running down there face and begging us to please fix it (an x-ray must be completed first to confirm the dislocation and look for fractures).  But then I get the IV started and shoot 'em with some stuff that usually causes them to proclaim that I'm an angel.  Usually when I discharge folks after this happens, the instructions say to wear a shoulder immobilizer at all times, and to follow up with an ortho doc in a week.  I'm pretty sure they wear the immobilizer for 3-4 weeks and then start rehabbing it.  At least it was the left arm!  The unfortunate thing is that one dislocation puts a person at risk for future dislocations, although Wade is over 20, and that does decrease that particular risk.  Thought I'd offer some info in my own area of experience since I don't have anything intelligent to contribute to b-ball discussions :)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »
As someone who dislocated his shoulder in high school......I will tell you it hurts like hell.  It actually healed up pretty quickly once they put it back in place.  I'm guessing Wade will be out 4 weeks.  I'll ask some PT's I know for their opinions later today and report back.  ;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:45:34 AM »
I dislocated my shoulder early in grade school. I don't remember too much about it, other than it was one painful ride to the ER in my mother's wood paneled station wagon.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I dislocated my shoulder early in grade school. I don't remember too much about it, other than it was one painful ride to the ER in my mother's wood paneled station wagon.
Dislocated shoulders happened to both Scott Merritt and Walter Downing. 

Ostensibly it's a 4-8 week recovery, but for both former MU players--their play was visibly impacted not only for the rest of the season the injury occured, but the following year as well.  There might be other reasons in each player's case for the disappointing play the following year, but there may very well have been some tentative play out of fear it might happen again, or some lasting physical issue. 

One can only hope in Wade's case that the best case scenario plays out.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »
Lottery time for the Heat

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 09:34:50 AM »
Piston fan here.  I have loved them since the days of John Long, Terry Tyler, and Paul Mokeski.   Having said that, I would never root for a player on another team to be injured, particularly one that I have a been a huge fan of for so long.   Happy DWade is hurt?   Not even close.   Sad day for the NBA.    The TC haters are going to find a way to blame Tom for this.    Must have been the tough practices or something.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »
unless the Cavs get Bibby --its a cakewalk to the finals for your Pistons

mugoose

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 10:31:02 AM »
Huge Pistons fan. You all are idiots if you think we (pistons fans) are happy d-wade is injured. He is my favorite player in the NBA, and is the best thing going for the NBA.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »
Huge Pistons fan. You all are idiots if you think we (pistons fans) are happy d-wade is injured. He is my favorite player in the NBA, and is the best thing going for the NBA.

Obviously that comment was not directed at the Pistons fans who post on this board. I'm guessing those that do are MU fans, and, by default, fans of Wade. But nobody can deny that there's probably a fairly large contingent of non-MU-related Piston fans taking a certain satisfaction in Wade's injury.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »

What hurt more?  The dislocated shoulder or the wood paneled station wagon?  ;D

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 04:24:33 PM »
I can't comprehend the fact that someone can be a Marquette fan...AND a Pistons fan.   ???

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »
Grow up and live in Michigan.   Makes perfect sense.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.