[Today at 11:08:12 AM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:02:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by Herman Cain
[June 07, 2024, 09:51:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Team Hair Styling  (Read 21601 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Re: Team Hair Styling
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »
Buzz--- "that they're silly."  I love that guy.

I have to say about Lazar that he makes me proud for our team. He is a well spoken individual and really represents our team well. I am proud that he is our leader and posterboy. You know he is not going to go out there and throw out 50 "uh's" or "you know what I mean" in an interview. He really personifies what MU is all about and I for one am glad that we were able to have him here for the last 4 years. He will be missed for sure.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »
Oh well, it's just college, right?  This, too, shall pass.  When they graduate and go to work at Target or Best Buy, they'll only have to wear the shirt, not etch the logo in their hair.  Plus, it sure is cheaper than large matching upper body tattoos - where do they get the money for those?  Oh, and hair is a renewable resource, besides.  (at least it is at their age...)

Hope they spend as much time in game prep as they do looking in the mirror and talking with the media about their hair designs.  They're gonna need it!  And if they get bounced in the first round, no doubt someone will say it was the Delilah effect.

Troll

ohyahhey

• Walk-On
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:15 AM »
are you as much of a douche in real life or is this just message board bravado?

Ha.  Guess that depends, LancesO, on what part of the post you believe is douche-y.  Elaborate for me?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:47 AM »
Ha.  Guess that depends, LancesO, on what part of the post you believe is douche-y.  Elaborate for me?

I don't know, maybe the part where you state they will be working at Target/Best Buy.. Or the part where you allude to assumptions about where they get money for tattoos.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:07 AM »

So that's a yes. Got it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »

You'll have to forgive ohyahhey, he's going through miller chill withdraw  :D

ohyahhey

• Walk-On
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »

I don't know, maybe the part where you state they will be working at Target/Best Buy.. Or the part where you allude to assumptions about where they get money for tattoos.

Working under the assumption that only Lazar has a chance to be drafted or a be walk-on in the NBA, all the rest will have to compete in the job market.  I know not a few college grads in this economy who are glad to have a basic job in retail - it's not unlikely at all.  The point was.. when you leave school, you don't get the chance to do stuff like the hair thing, because the job market (if you're lucky enough to even get one) takes away some of your individuality and limits your expression of team spirit.  You don't see the Target logo on employees heads.  

As to tattoos, I have two of my own and I know how much they cost.. based on surface area and complexity.  No implications at all about where the money comes from.. I don't know where my 19 year old niece got her cash for one a new one either... it wasn't from my brother.  Perhaps the shop donates the work for the advertising?  College students are normally broke.  I sure was.

And yeah, rocky_warrior, I sure am!   :D

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »
College students are normally broke.  I sure was.

You still are broke.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »
The fact that Frozen A did it took it from being alright to terrible. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2010, 10:33:05 AM »
I know not a few college grads in this economy who are glad to have a basic job in retail - it's not unlikely at all.  

Did you put that sentence together by yourself?  I'm guessing you didn't learn how to structure a sentence at MU. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2010, 10:43:19 AM »
Working under the assumption that only Lazar has a chance to be drafted or a be walk-on in the NBA, all the rest will have to compete in the job market.  

A pretty good number of former MU basketball players are playing overseas making a very good amount of $$$.