'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It Looks Like We Need Some Size if We Want to Compete With the Big Boys  (Read 7074 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: It Looks Like We Need Some Size if We Want to Compete With the Big Boys
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 12:03:24 PM »
depth?

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »
depth?

Depth? Syracuse? Boeheim is notorious for sticking to his top 7 players. Yes, some of the players fouled out of the 6-OT game, but on all. I believe Flynn and Harris were in it all the way through.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
Syracuse had size though, which we don't.  My point is you can compensate for a lack of size with energy and effort, which we've done all year so that while we don't win the battle of the boards, we aren't totally dominated, but when you play 3 games in 3 days the lack of size gets magnified because the energy isn't what it usually is.  Greg Monroe is still 6-10 whether he's tired or not.

I don't think fatigue will be an excuse moving forward, as it shouldn't be the same factor in a two games in three days without travel scenario.  Ultimately, our lack of size will probaly get us in the end, at least that will be more likely than fatigue.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 01:10:44 PM »
It's an important topic? Are you sure? Why? Because you posted it?  You have a keen sense of the obvious, chief.

I guess you do not understand. Recruiting a couple competent bigs is an important topic/issue/agenda/priority/etc.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »
I heard from a guy who should know we got one coming in next years class.  Who?  "Wait till signing day, I can't say more."

I believe the guy.  

So I know we don't have a schollie and the whole debate that follows that, but who could it be?  I bet Buzz will surprise us all again.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
If you are tired of the topic--don't read it. Lots of us are tired of getting our asses handed to us down low. It is an important topic, and our recruiting efforts are lacking in this area.

i have no problem with this being a topic, or us talking about it. i just get annoyed that it came up now. why wasn't this topic started after the south florida game or Cincinnati game? why only after the loss? you can't have it both ways....

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 09:13:01 AM »
I heard from a guy who should know we got one coming in next years class.  Who?  "Wait till signing day, I can't say more."

I believe the guy.  

So I know we don't have a schollie and the whole debate that follows that, but who could it be?  I bet Buzz will surprise us all again.

I heard from my wife's cousin who knows an athletic trainer that Jim Chones is coming back for his final year of eligibility. I believe it!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »
what people don't get, When Monroe gets in Attack Mode (he's not usually like this) Georgetown is a top 5 team in the country. When he gets that fire in his eyes, no one can stop him. Period.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

feedback